Personality Cafe banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
Child: wanted to be a "bwain surjun," then an architect, then a company CEO.

Adult: Management Consultant. I do cloud IT implementations. Basically, companies or the government want to move to the cloud but have no clue what that means or how to do it. We come in with developers and build software that matches what the client needs, make sure it works the way it was designed, and make sure other people know how to use it. My job is to know what the client does well enough to recommend the right type of software, estimate what it will cost, and to design how it should work.

My job requires the meticulateness of a surgeon offhandedly, because it forces you to understand how every nut and bolt of the software fits together, how one decision made will impact the way the software works downstream, and how to fix delicate problems where tools or data is interrelated. The architect side is choosing tools/a tool that accomplishes the goal without wasting money and fits within existing tools. The CEO side is TBD - but it is my job to communicate how what we're doing accomplishes a strategic goal, so we're getting there : )

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
As a child I wanted to be a comic book artist.

Eventually my father convinced me there wasn't any work in that field and I ended up studying Atrificial Intelligence. I rolled into teaching and now I teach programming and math at a school for Game Development. If I had known this job existed I would've wanted it as a child because it's basically my dream job.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,058 Posts
I wanted to be a Pokemon Master of course!

I'm joking (kinda), as far as I remember I wanted to be a novelist (but my best friend made me give that up temporarily when he found my work in progress and completely mocked it. Calling it shit and all that. I felt so embarrassed and hurt about it - I was only 10-11 or something, give me a break).
But also game's tester / designer, animator, actor, painter, cartoonist, entertainer, film director, comic book creator and goalkeeper for my local football team. I was a very ambitious little kid. I wanted to work at the library too because I liked being able to read all the books.

My desires haven't really changed too much since then to be honest. My dreams have just remained dreams, I don't have much of a career. I make a bit of money from a youtube channel that I don't care for anymore. I hate my life lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
When I was in school, I had the idea of becoming a teacher. I did not like to do my homework, the constant homework and the essays that the teacher asked us, used the service that helped me a lot, if you inerested here it is https://writingcheap.com/cheap-assignment-writing-service.html and i always wanted to be on the other side, the teacher. How I finished school I went to study as a programmer :) These are the realities of life

·
Registered
1 Posts
My profession is teaching and the cool things are that my father is also a teacher. I am teaching Assignment Writing To my Students. I choose Teaching as a profession for myself because I love this profession. No one forced me to choose the profession. I will do the same with my kids, I will give them a free hand to choose their career.

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
Never had a childhood dream job. It eventually became clearer as an adult. There's now numerable facets to my industries that I want to master. My main love will always be systems programming, though.

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
People told me I wanted to/was going to be a writer. I wanted to be a transport rider [100ish years too late], a soldier in the Duke of Wellington's peninsular campaign [same], or a game ranger.

I'm a qa analyst. Software didn't significantly exist when I was making these plans. And I'm not interested in the Canadian wilderness much.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I wanted to be an astronomer. I'm a software engineer, now, which is alright. Honestly, it's very 'ti' heavy, and not really my default state of being, and so I often try to have fun when I'm not working.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I wanted to be an astronomer. I'm a software engineer, now, which is alright. Honestly, it's very 'ti' heavy, and not really my default state of being, and so I often try to have fun when I'm not working.
I agree coding is very Ti heavy. I'm a data scientist, but in practice, I'm writing code virtually all day. Good thing is I'm a Ti aux type so it's not a problem for me. I do find it fun, lol. I can admit that.

·
Registered
ISTP; 9w8/4w3/7w8 sx/so
46 Posts
I wanted to be so many things growing up. As a very small child I wanted to be a spy, a farmer/breeder and an explorer; at the end of elementary school I wanted to be an astronomer or geologist, and as a preteen I wanted to be a writer, poet or illustrator
At the moment I'm studying forestry and my formation to be a forester is almost complete, so I'm gonna work in something related to forests and the environment. I still now would like to be a writer someday, but I don't have a big talent in writing, unluckily

·
Registered
ENFP
4,192 Posts
I was always that kind of kid who was always indecisive and confused. Although, my teachers always told me I would be so and so (all consistently the same). I would consistently get awards for it, but always rejected it. So maybe I should stop fighting it, but it doesn't pay the bills, so what gives?

161 - 174 of 174 Posts