Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29887 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna see how this goes, since I know our minds are sporadic as ever and although many of you will try to refine your posts, i urge you NOT to go over and over with extensive amounts of editing. Just post the little, random, complex, enlightening thought that you currently are holding in your head.

Mine; As 2011 approaches I have realized that I am experiencing the onset of another decade of human life passing me by. I have made it 17 years on this planet, gone through so many different friendships and scenarios of drama that have shaped me into quite the interesting person I am today. I have experienced heart-break, death, depression, enlightenment, revelation, and a change in spiritual belief. My constant search for inner and outer knowledge has not changed yet the path to obtain this has wavered and been manipulated in a multitude of ways through my life. I am wondering if my interest in a career in astronomy will stay true as college approaches or will my newfound love for chemistry take over? Or will one of the random inspirational hobbies that pop-up in my life become my future path?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite honestly, most of it popped in my head as I was typing it. The only thing that stimulated it was seeing the "Night Sky 2011" banner in the top corner of my January Issue of Astronomy Magazine

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, thank you :cool: I guess I should change this from just INTP to most NT types since I believe most of us generally go on random tangents. But, meh post if you desire :mellow:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've been thinking about those lobster tanks you see in the grocery store. Often those lobsters are all bunched up on one side. It looks horribly uncomfortable when there is so much space for them to spread out more. But then I thought that maybe they just really like cuddling. But then that didn't make sense because they have exoskeletons and cuddling wouldn't be fun. So then I thought maybe they're just doing that because they are scared. They know that their friends have been taken out of the tank and have never returned. That made me really sad. But lobster tastes awesome so I'm still going to eat them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've been thinking about those lobster tanks you see in the grocery store. Often those lobsters are all bunched up on one side. It looks horribly uncomfortable when there is so much space for them to spread out more. But then I thought that maybe they just really like cuddling. But then that didn't make sense because they have exoskeletons and cuddling wouldn't be fun. So then I thought maybe they're just doing that because they are scared. They know that their friends have been taken out of the tank and have never returned. That made me really sad. But lobster tastes awesome so I'm still going to eat them.
) ': ...lobster-cake.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^
Awesome, simply amazing and hilarious

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Do you want something like a stream-of-consciousness?
(Isn't that how the/my/our brain works, anyways?)

I want to be a profiler and a personal assistant to somebody famous. (I'm thinking about possible future careers.)
I would like to be payed to watch people, tell other people what these people are doing, why they are doing it, and what they will do next. I would like to be able to lie and toy with people; whether or not I want to actually cause harm is still undecided.
I would also like to be someone famous's assistant. I can't even tell you why. The mental picture of me jotting down dates into a book while repeatedly saying "No, she's busy then, no, she's busy then, too, no no no" into a phone cradled on my shoulder, in some kind of Cribs-like house is extremely attractive. I want to follow someone around and organize their dates.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
God my friend is exactly the same as Lily. (How I met your Mother)

Reactions: Relis

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
not really much of a thought but I have the song so ronely from team America going through my head. that and a slight angry rant in the back of my mind over people saying I look like a priest.:unsure:

·
Registered
101 Posts
"Marathon of my favorite television show starts at 8AM on December 31st, and goes on for two whole days. Spending my New Year celebration alone in the fifth dimension? Yes, please. [/supernerd]"

- my current thought. I'm already geeking out.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
When I'm over depression, I think, "why did I ever feel the way I used to?" but when I'm not feeling manic, it's so hard to think of what it felt like to be thinking that. No matter how happy I get, I always return to this state of hopelessness where all I can think is, "what's the point of going through this? I remember happy moments, but they can't be worth what I'm going through now." I feel whiny when I'm like this. But I also feel like it's not my fault, and I can't do anything about it. Emotions are uncontrollable for me. For me, they have nothing to do with external, controllable things. I see people around me who seem depressed and then all of a sudden they get some money or a boyfriend or something and they're happy. Why can't happiness be that easy for me to achieve?
edit: I need to add more. When I'm healthy, I'm not afraid of death at all. Death is just natural. Right now I'm so paranoid. I can't sleep because I'm imagining my friend killing himself and it's torturing me. It's almost 3 AM, and I kept him up because I was afraid he wasn't okay. We were talking on facebook chat, and my hands were shaking so much it was almost impossible to type. I'm starting to calm down now. I don't know what's wrong with me.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
My head is circulating with ideas about religion, anarchism, The Other Guys, Tea blends, wanting to leave the room to pee, cheese sticks, downloading Jacob's Ladder, In the hall of the mountain king, Cooties the board game...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I'm over depression, I think, "why did I ever feel the way I used to?" but when I'm not feeling manic, it's so hard to think of what it felt like to be thinking that. No matter how happy I get, I always return to this state of hopelessness where all I can think is, "what's the point of going through this? I remember happy moments, but they can't be worth what I'm going through now." I feel whiny when I'm like this. But I also feel like it's not my fault, and I can't do anything about it. Emotions are uncontrollable for me. For me, they have nothing to do with external, controllable things. I see people around me who seem depressed and then all of a sudden they get some money or a boyfriend or something and they're happy. Why can't happiness be that easy for me to achieve?
I feel this way constantly. My bouts of depression are quite often and tend to totally obliterate any possible feelings of joy that try to weasel their ways into my mind. I see others around me so easily pleased with material things or a small smile their way yet when I see this, it only deepens my depression. When feelings run rampant through me it is almost like all logical sense and clear thinking is gone-

no... it's not gone, it has merely transformed into a darker pool. All things leading closer and closer to the dark depth of pessimism, self-hatred and suicidal tendencies. All of these becoming rational and purely logical ideas. Only a small voice of true reason and self respect rings out to stop me from committing any such heinous act against my own body, for it would destroy all the work I have done to discover the true extent of this complex mind that I call my own.

Like currently, I am not depressed but I could not simply enjoy a time with my brother (ISFP) simply because instead of devoting his attention to the game we were both taking turns playing, he diverted to some gal he chases over text conversations. Feelings got the best of me, anger and disgust at his apparent disrespect of my desire to spend time with him, that I merely walked out and entered my room, ignoring whatever else he had to say.

sorry..../rant

1 - 20 of 29887 Posts