Personality Cafe banner

29541 - 29560 of 29579 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hey where's my avatar gone? I don't even know where I got that thing back in 2013. I am too lazy to find another. I will just be a nobody I guess.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It says I'm from the land of windmills, clogs, bikes, canals, etc.

I only live among the people who's language rolls off the back of your throat. I'm not originally from here. I am Murican :p
Goodbye the assumption that everyone on here is American

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
It says I'm from the land of windmills, clogs, bikes, canals, etc.

I only live among the people who's language rolls off the back of your throat. I'm not originally from here. I am Murican :p

It's too late, and I hope you're wearing clogs.

The Dutch word for 88 is hilarious. Sounds like sneezing while inventing a new word for 'briefcase'.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Well, shit. I think I've just done my most extreme version of that thing where INTPs learn a new skill then lose all interest because they're happy just knowing they can do it.

I got a new game called Skater XL, which has an active modding community focused on creating new skate parks and skateable city areas for the game. It involves 3D modelling in Blender, importing it into Unity, adding textures, etc etc.

I've spent all of tonight following tutorials on how to do all of that, and now have my own playable map in the game. It's just the map that I made through the tutorial, without any textures, so it's just a white load-out kind of area, with skate ramp shapes in it.

Aaaaaaand I'm done. I know that I can now take it as far as I please. It's just an arrangement of blocks and curves, imported into Unity with textures added. Now that I've got this far, my brain just made a silent deflating noise and my motivation has been cut in half.

I think I'll be able to push on and make at least one full map that I can call my own. But now that I've alt-tabbed out of my skate park creation tutorial zone for the first time, my mind is just ppppppfpffflflflflflflf.

·
Registered
28,817 Posts
Well, shit. I think I've just done my most extreme version of that thing where INTPs learn a new skill then lose all interest because they're happy just knowing they can do it.

I got a new game called Skater XL, which has an active modding community focused on creating new skate parks and skateable city areas for the game. It involves 3D modelling in Blender, importing it into Unity, adding textures, etc etc.

I've spent all of tonight following tutorials on how to do all of that, and now have my own playable map in the game. It's just the map that I made through the tutorial, without any textures, so it's just a white load-out kind of area, with skate ramp shapes in it.

Aaaaaaand I'm done. I know that I can now take it as far as I please. It's just an arrangement of blocks and curves, imported into Unity with textures added. Now that I've got this far, my brain just made a silent deflating noise and my motivation has been cut in half.

I think I'll be able to push on and make at least one full map that I can call my own. But now that I've alt-tabbed out of my skate park creation tutorial zone for the first time, my mind is just ppppppfpffflflflflflflf.
I always thought that was laziness.

I figured out how to use the Cheat Engine to unlock all weapons and items in one of my games by editing memory addresses. I did it once the other day and then stopped playing the game. The next step would have been to create an application with the sliders and the buttons to upload online for everyone’s pleasure.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I always thought that was laziness.

I figured out how to use the Cheat Engine to unlock all weapons and items in one of my games by editing memory addresses. I did it once the other day and then stopped playing the game. The next step would have been to create an application with the sliders and the buttons to upload online for everyone’s pleasure.
And I just trekked 18 and a half miles. Definitely one of the most difficult things I've done for a while.

I remember walking around Loch Ness when I was 20. On day one I did 19 miles, and day two I did 22 miles, and all of that included several severe ascents.

Today was 18 miles, so almost as long, but the whole thing was flat or 'hilly', nothing like the highland terrain around Loch Ness, yet I am utterly pooped. And that is what I suppose 'aging' is all about!

·
Registered
28,817 Posts
And I just trekked 18 and a half miles. Definitely one of the most difficult things I've done for a while.

I remember walking around Loch Ness when I was 20. On day one I did 19 miles, and day two I did 22 miles, and all of that included several severe ascents.

Today was 18 miles, so almost as long, but the whole thing was flat or 'hilly', nothing like the highland terrain around Loch Ness, yet I am utterly pooped. And that is what I suppose 'aging' is all about!
Flat and 18 miles? My friend called those easy days. Of course, the first “flat” day also involved climbing rocks, so it wasn’t that flat was it? Also due to my early viewings of the History Channel I am inclined to imagine a log that got confused for a sea monster whenever I hear the term Loch Ness.

One of my friends went back today. I noticed that my toe has been bruised pretty badly. So now I have no intention of returning. Good thing this coronavirus thing pretty much ensures that I don’t have to go outside or put any footwear on.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I bought a load of chicken earlier in the week.

Often I freeze things. I even saw the 'freezable' label on the chicken I bought.

"Nah I'll eat that pretty soon anyway so I won't freeze it this time".

And now I have almost a kilo of chicken sat in my fridge, 3 days past the use-by date.

At least the bacon's still okay. Good old trusty bacon.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I don't really like chicken. I used to think I liked it but no I really don't. I think I'd rather have the chicken be alive and well doing its flightless bird things out on the field.

But what if the chicken died in a horrible accident, maybe it crossed the road and didn't check for oncoming traffic? Oh what is the point of life? It's like a prison, there's nothing within these walls of mortal existence. We live and then we die. What for? How is this of any value at all, what good does it do? I need to think things through but perhaps another time.

·
Registered
28,817 Posts
I don't really like chicken. I used to think I liked it but no I really don't. I think I'd rather have the chicken be alive and well doing its flightless bird things out on the field.

But what if the chicken died in a horrible accident, maybe it crossed the road and didn't check for oncoming traffic? Oh what is the point of life? It's like a prison, there's nothing within these walls of mortal existence. We live and then we die. What for? How is this of any value at all, what good does it do? I need to think things through but perhaps another time.
Violence is not the answer!

·
Registered
28,817 Posts
I am now at the acceptance letter stage of my foreign university saga. Now all I have to do is accept or decline.

Then I can experience the struggle of becoming a master like characters in cartoons and films except it being a mental mastery isn’t a physical martial art mastery.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
For two nights in a row I've had exactly the same thing happen.

First, I wake up about two hours early. Then I go back to sleep. In that sleep I dream so deeply that I enter a dream-within-a-dream, where I'm so tired that I'm sleeping in my dream and am dreaming about something else.

Upon waking from the dream within the dream, I am then back in the first dream, at which point I get very angry with someone for some reason.

The same dream, two nights in a row. Not the same scenario though, just the same layout and format. Very odd!

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
I am now at the acceptance letter stage of my foreign university saga. Now all I have to do is accept or decline.

Then I can experience the struggle of becoming a master like characters in cartoons and films except it being a mental mastery isn’t a physical martial art mastery.
What country are you going to?

29541 - 29560 of 29579 Posts