Personality Cafe banner

29861 - 29870 of 29870 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
How does one differentiate between "The Thinkers" (INTPs) and "The Thinkers" (xxTxs)? Seems like a bad naming choice to me.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Last weekend I made another trip over to Scotland. The west coast, to be exact, and it's a fucking epic place. When people think of the UK, they'll either think of:

- London
- Greenery, rolling hills, pretty farms
- Castles, churches, historic buildings
- Edinburgh (if thinking of Scotland)

What they don't think of (and what I didn't think of either) is that the entire west coast of Scotland is a stunning archipelago with vast mountainous scenery, and lots of hidden lochs and coastal inlets in abundance. It's a whole different world.

I've decided I'm going to move there as soon as possible. Or as near as I can. So that means finding remote work, or getting a job in the nearest major town or city. Most likely Glasgow, but that's still a bit far from the really beautiful parts. But not that far.

Anyway I now have a new long term goal. Find a way of moving nearer to that beautiful part of the world. Live the Highlander life. Climb lots of mountains. Camp in endless idyllic locations. Get a little boat for maximal exploration. And then who knows? Learn scuba diving and swim with whales and dolphins? Scotland has those too! I've really discovered a whole new world here, and it's pretty much on my doorstep already. Excellent!

·
Registered
28,956 Posts
Last weekend I made another trip over to Scotland. The west coast, to be exact, and it's a fucking epic place. When people think of the UK, they'll either think of:

• London
  • Greenery, rolling hills, pretty farms
  • Castles, churches, historic buildings
  • Edinburgh (if thinking of Scotland)
What they don't think of (and what I didn't think of either) is that the entire west coast of Scotland is a stunning archipelago with vast mountainous scenery, and lots of hidden lochs and coastal inlets in abundance. It's a whole different world.

I've decided I'm going to move there as soon as possible. Or as near as I can. So that means finding remote work, or getting a job in the nearest major town or city. Most likely Glasgow, but that's still a bit far from the really beautiful parts. But not that far.

Anyway I now have a new long term goal. Find a way of moving nearer to that beautiful part of the world. Live the Highlander life. Climb lots of mountains. Camp in endless idyllic locations. Get a little boat for maximal exploration. And then who knows? Learn scuba diving and swim with whales and dolphins? Scotland has those too! I've really discovered a whole new world here, and it's pretty much on my doorstep already. Excellent!
This is what people think of Scotland.

·
Registered
391 Posts
There should be a stream of consciousness thread that isn't for venting, lol

but seriously thanks to whoever it was that mentioned using anti-fungal cream for acne. I've been using that with cortisol (some hormone thing) for the big cyst like thing in the back of my ear alongside some acne, and it has helped out so much. It's almost all healed up; again thank you so much!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
My youngest brother is 8 years younger than me.

I get a strange sense of amazement and guilt when I remind myself that for several years I was part of a family for which he did not exist. I have vivid memories and stories of that part of our family life that he was never there for.

It's like I get some kind of empathetic reverse FOMO on his behalf. It's weird because he is part of the family, but for the first 8 whole years, he wasn't! The same goes for my other younger brother, who's about 5 years younger, but the memories of the times he wasn't alive are a bit more hazy for me.

·
Registered
INTP
3,874 Posts
One of my brothers is almost 8 years younger than me. I left home when I turned 16. He was just a little boy then, so we never really knew each other well.

Eventually he moved away and became quite a well-known musician in his new home region. Years later, after he had retired from performing, I also moved to the same area. People want to talk to me about what a great musician he was. They are stunned when I say I've never heard him play.

·
Registered
28,956 Posts
“Lisa, when you don’t like you job you don’t go on strike, you just go to work every day and do it really half-assed. That’s the American way.”

Seems pretty accurate to me.

29861 - 29870 of 29870 Posts