30041 - 30060 of 30124 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Planking = the ultimate physical and psychological torture

·
Registered
414 Posts
The effect of collisions(2 objects, no other object in between, or say compression of an object) in between only effectively damage something within a relative size, in an immediate time frame that is. So a very large object cannot visibly damage a pretty small object immediately. Same can be argued for a pretty small object damaging a much larger one. The damage it would cause would be effective overtime, however it doesn't necessarily need to be the case in causing damage to smaller object......now let me try to debunk or refute this which I came up with out of nowhere.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I hope spiders aren't out for revenge. One was enough, thank you very much.

Reactions: HAL

·
Registered
INTP
1,983 Posts
I hope spiders aren't out for revenge. One was enough, thank you very much.
I tend to think of spiders as ok cause you can generally get away from them easily enough. I once found a spider deadly to children who was happily living under a chair in the waiting room when I went to the doctor. I was a kid at the time and found it somewhat ironic. (And of course I told them and they got rid of it immediately!).

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I tend to think of spiders as ok cause you can generally get away from them easily enough. I once found a spider deadly to children who was happily living under a chair in the waiting room when I went to the doctor. I was a kid at the time and found it somewhat ironic. (And of course I told them and they got rid of it immediately!).
Yes, when you consider it rationally. It's just that there is something so hideous about them that frightens people - even though there is nothing bad they can do, or even intend to do (apart from those Amazon or Australian poisonous and/or horror spiders). It's getting better, but I've been afraid of them all my life, even in pictures.

·
Registered
INTP
4,291 Posts
Where I live, spiders get in your bed. When you move in bed they get mad and bite you. Not lethal, but quite unpleasant to be covered in spider bites.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I have discovered that database backups can be zipped fantastically small.

The database for the website I made at my old job is currently 150mb. I need to make some changes to that site, so I've had to get a fresh backup of that database setup on my home computer. Casually had a go at compressing the backup into a rar file for downloading. It reduced to 17mb. Result!

·
Registered
29,016 Posts
I bought two loaves of bread and froze one of them. I wanted to try the bread fresh. It isn’t that soft to begin with so I’m thinking of freezing the other loaf.

I also bought 2lbs of ground beef. 1/2lb of ground chicken. Then I saw this value pack of chickens so I got that and also some Italian smoked sausage.

Most importantly I bought 2lbs of shredded mozzarella cheese. But I’m still waiting on the pizza cutter from amazon so I can cut the pizza properly.

These all sound like pizza ingredients now. But I want the beef for meatballs and possibly hamburgers. But now that I know how to make meatballs, I really like meatballs. I make them pretty well for what it’s worth.

·
Registered
29,016 Posts
Why is watching the Dalai Lama and reading about eastern religions comforting? I suppose it reminds me that there are places where people just sit outside on the side of a mountain doing nothing all day. I could do without sitting outside, but the doing nothing and mountain part sound nice.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It's difficult to put your finger on other people's music taste

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Why is watching the Dalai Lama and reading about eastern religions comforting? I suppose it reminds me that there are places where people just sit outside on the side of a mountain doing nothing all day. I could do without sitting outside, but the doing nothing and mountain part sound nice.

·
Registered
29,016 Posts

·
Registered
29,016 Posts
Use scissors to cut pizza. And to cut many other things in the kitchen.
I’ve been using a bread knife, and amazon failed again. Even when you say “My prime day is Saturday, 6 days from now they will mess it up and get delayed.

I spilt the dough today so I can attempt again tomorrow and for more favorable portion sizes. I am thinking of using the other half tomorrow, maybe I will have a pizza cutter. I also ordered a pizza stone to complete the , but I don’t think it will come until Tuesday.

Anyway, this was a new attempt at buffalo chicken flavored pizza I just made for dinner.

I used two chicken nuggets to top the pizza. It wasn’t noticeable. But I think the browned cheese hides that. Next time I will let the cheese sit in the freezer a few minutes before cooking because it prevents the cheese from all turning brown, it’s not a bad thing but I think it will look slightly nicer with some brighter whites.

30041 - 30060 of 30124 Posts