Personality Cafe banner

30661 - 30680 of 30806 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Always love ending a game of four in a row after just three moves. Shock in their faces is gold.

·
Registered
INTP
5,649 Posts
I just did something which to me is kind of comical.

Today is a dull day at home, and I've been sat in shorts and t-shirt because it's warm enough in here (I turned the heating on for once).

However, I felt a little bored so decided it was time for a cigarette on my balcony. To do that, I had to get fully dressed, put on some shoes, and a hat (to hide my super messy bed hair). So I basically got dressed as if to properly go outside, but all I did was walk onto my balcony. Winter + lockdown results in some level of absurdity I think.

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
What I find interesting is how small-worldly some people are, and they're happy that way.

There's guy I knew at school who is very intelligent, sort of quirky and introverted. We got on very well. These days he just has a little life in a nearby town, going to work each day, not much interest in wider society or the wider world, plays video games and has an interest in Japanese culture. He went to Japan at one point, for a couple of weeks. I think his sister lives there too. Anyway that's all he did. He went to Japan for two weeks, and was content with that. For a guy who's into Japan, I don't understand how this is enough?? When I'm into something, I want to go full fucking immersion. To have a flat and purely research-based interest in something is not enough for me, specially if it relates to culture or language; it isn't real and it isn't enough. I just find it amazing that some folk will happily live in a plain little world, content as a relatively ignorant otaku of one's interests, instead of diving right in for the full immersion mind-meld experience.

That being said, I do similar when it comes to the more extreme types of travel. I tell myself I would love to go exploring in somewhere extreme like the Siberian wilderness, of the heart of the Congo, but I don't do that either. So maybe it's not necessarily about a specific mindset, but more about personal experience and random decisions that lead you to things you do.
I could move to a different country, but it would have to be close to a McDonald’s.

I’ve been watching a lot of these videos of foreign people trying Mexican food (for some reason Mexican pops up a lot). This one guy, is like “If anyone travels to Mexico, be sure to try the ‘Taco’” Ah it’s funny because it’s like “You don’t say?” But that’s just the nature of being so far away. I have never been to Mexico, but I have a feeling that it is like a snack food not their most prized dish. How weird would it be if they were trying American food and it was literally just a hot dog. Yeah it’s great, but it’s also just a cylindrical bologna and would impress no one.

Also there was a thing where Koreans and Mexicans were speaking in their own languages to each other and I think I had a strange feeling of empowerment because I knew Spanish while someone with knowledge of one language would have to read all of the subtitles while I only would have to read half of them.

On a side note: A triggering thing I have found is when people pronounce Gyro in original Greek as “y-rho” when it is pronounced “yee-rho.” Like they are trying to be sophisticated by saying it in Greek, but they can’t even do it right and for some reason they never consider just saying it in English. When I go to a Greek restaurant I still say “Gyro” I have no problem speaking English.

·
Registered
INTP
5,649 Posts
Whoever named it Pizza Hut must have been thinking of making pizza in a hut
I hear Pizza Hut isn't a particularly well liked place in the US?

In the UK it's great. I haven't been for a while, but I always enjoyed their massive barbecue sauce pizzas.

Apparently their pizzas are nothing like proper pizza. Ah well, it's good enough for me. Probably similar to how the "British fish and chips" I tried in China was not quite like proper fish and chips, but definitely good enough for those who don't know any better.

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
I hear Pizza Hut isn't a particularly well liked place in the US?

In the UK it's great. I haven't been for a while, but I always enjoyed their massive barbecue sauce pizzas.

Apparently their pizzas are nothing like proper pizza. Ah well, it's good enough for me. Probably similar to how the "British fish and chips" I tried in China was not quite like proper fish and chips, but definitely good enough for those who don't know any better.
I used to eat Pizza Hut a lot as pre-teenager. Then I didn’t have it for a long time until college. My college had a Pizza Hut, until they rid themselves of the franchise and started making their own greasy filth.

I think most people my age used to like Dominos. Though given my previous location, pizzerias trumped all.

I think if you just want to eat a significant amount of food, buffalo wings and pizza, get some Pizza Hut. It is like White Castle in this respect. You never normally buy White Castle, but you do on a specific occasion.

I saw a video where Koreans tried the three American pizza types and they prefer Chicago deep dish pizza. Korean crust they toss away, but American crust they will eat with great pleasure.

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
I am watching the Tribal people trying food videos.

One of them said that God put so much power into bread, it is like a drug.

I completely agree. I can eat a loaf of bread if I’m not careful. I don’t need to put anything on it either.

Usually, I have patience to put butter or cream cheese on a bagel the first time. But the second bagel I eat just the way it is every time.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I am watching the Tribal people trying food videos.

I completely agree. I can eat a loaf of bread if I’m not careful. I don’t need to put anything on it either.

Usually, I have patience to put butter or cream cheese on a bagel the first time. But the second bagel I eat just the way it is every time.
What are your chewing habits?

And actually, how much of it do you think it's just the salt?

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
What are your chewing habits?

And actually, how much of it do you think it's just the salt?
Bread takes some chewing, but I think I’m lean on the less chewing time.

I’m not thinking it is high in salt, I think it’s the sugar and sweetness of it.

I can eat high sodium food, but I never add salt to anything. When I do that, everything starts to taste like french fries. I think this is how people end up liking so many foods and I don’t.

When is the time to eat this? Night or day? Perhaps when one no longer desires to live.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Google just confirmed my hunch: "The prevalence ratio is often cited as about 4 males for every 1 female diagnosed. Other research indicates that it closer to 3:1 or 2:1." I wonder why.

·
Registered
INTP
5,649 Posts
My daily exercise quest continues.

I had a pre-fitness cigarette on my balcony, then proceeded to do 10 press-ups on my living room floor. Only 10. That's a whole 10 less than the 20 I managed yesterday. My muscles are definitely in recovery still.

But 10 press-ups is just pointless. I think I'll do some sit-ups too.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Ctrl + enter: here to report it also works on Windows Mail app.
So first there's wonder. But after a while there's resentment because, Why the hell doesn't it work on here [platform X].

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
"I says" and "she don't" actually sounds a lot better. Can't we flip the rules forever?

·
Registered
INTP
5,338 Posts
Google just confirmed my hunch: "The prevalence ratio is often cited as about 4 males for every 1 female diagnosed. Other research indicates that it closer to 3:1 or 2:1." I wonder why.
Diagnosed with what?

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
Quite amazing it is. The film about the life of Gendün Chöphel, such an interesting thing. Someone who wandered between lands. Everything was new. He took notes about the Indian people who had previously no direct knowledge. He took personal notes of everything he saw.

Tibet was Old, it needed reform. The government cared for itself, not the people. Everyone was highly dogmatic, somewhat like a feudal society. Too bad he was imprisoned, and he died after being released due to his depression and drug use.

It is these things like being impressed by trains, moving houses with wheels that are so amazing. We have similar accounts today, things most familiar to many of us like spaghetti are like snakes to people whom have never seen it before. Also, the tortellini soup that is essentially like boats swimming in a lake.

We have understood our own worlds has being normal, yet we can gain new perspective by such simple things as hearing from beginners.

I was interested by the scenes of the schools. The young children learn the alphabet by drawing in the sand. It must be assumed that they do not possess writing utensils, at least not in sufficient quantity for the children or their learning is suppressed. Nearly all of the infrastructure, the houses, the furniture, all looked beaten up and degraded. Wooden tables more like dust than wood. Yet on them there was iconography and family photos. This much like us, except our wood is clean. The outside looks of dirt, there are ovens that use fire and wood as fuel. No one forget the donkeys and the yaks.

I must say living in Tibet at least in the areas depicted in the film must be like living on the planet Tatooine. Yet in even the poorest of conditions, families remain families and kids remain kids.

30661 - 30680 of 30806 Posts