Personality Cafe banner

31021 - 31040 of 31189 Posts

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
I guess I’m going to become a programmer now that I’ve abandoned learning programming for school.

I also like how the conversation shifted with my manager from talking about getting support from the DevOps team to start making network automation scripts to me doing it myself. Lol

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
So it is now said that if you want to discover your personality type, you should seek out your enemies and ask them what your weaknesses are, not your friends because they will lie to you.

·
Registered
INTP
5,966 Posts
Last night I weighed myself and the scales showed 83.3kg. Well and truly in plateau territory, I thought to myself, as my weight has hovered around the low 83 mark for over a week now.

But when I weighed myself this morning, I showed 82.4 on the scales.

Overnight I have somehow lost almost a kilogram. Makes zero sense. I think my scales are just woefully inaccurate.

·
Registered
899 Posts
So it is now said that if you want to discover your personality type, you should seek out your enemies and ask them what your weaknesses are, not your friends because they will lie to you.
This is stupid because enemies have an emotional connection with you and are extremely subjective.
They only have a point of view that is influenced by their desires, expectations and goals.
I find it totally stupid to do that.

If you want to find out something, you really do it with people with whom you have not yet established a strong emotional connection (but either not at all or a weak one) but who have known you for a short time.

This involves: knowing an impartial person who has known you but has no intention / desire from / with you. You have to ask and that person will have an answer closest to reality.

This thing with asking your enemy: what weaknesses do I have? Well, how does the enemy know that weakness really exists and is not just an isolated attitude in a certain situation?

People tend to see what they want to see, not (something close to) reality. Especially enemies or friends.

Plus, from an enemy, you would rather learn the strengths you have, not the weaknesses. Because this is what the enemy does: first of all, he becomes an enemy because he has an admiration for you and he studies your qualities in search of weaknesses. When he finds weaknesses, the status of "enemy" disappears because: either he no longer considers yourself an enemy / competitor because he saw that you have weaknesses and is no longer interested, or he destroys / removes you from the market.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I think I'm on the right track in terms of freeing myself from the chains of overthinking cage.

I already have a week in which I did more than I thought (with an enormous influence of 2 Extroverted Sensors) and I can say that I feel extremely good!
I forgot about myself and I really liked it! I'm more interested in action than thinking.
I think I'm on the right track. To get exactly where I want.

I started to overcome the shortcomings of the INxP personality and this can only make me extremely happy!
:D

I have reduced by about 80% the time spent on the internet or on electronic devices and I feel great!
My place is not here but somewhere where there is more action.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm ready for adventure!
My desire to explore is immense.
Places, people, emotions, activities, information.
Anything.
Absorption of any information from the external environment
Fun.
And evolution.

Openness to possibilities.
Adaptation. Fast.
Inner gratitude.
Failure. Learned.
Exposed to environmental antigens => development of antibodies => improvement of immunity.

Yeah, it's 5 am for me and I need to think and talk a lot when I wake up early. Normal people just wants coffe:p
Or oral sex.
Sometimes both.
:sneaky:

·
Registered
INTP
5,966 Posts
Weight is at 82.3kg now. This is excellent. A couple of days ago I thought I was in a plateau of some sort, but now I am rapidly approaching the <81 region.

I know I said that the ~82kg region was a whole new thing for me, but I have a vague memory of being 82-ish while I lived in China. 81 however is 100% definitely a new area that I have not been in for a very very long time. At a guess, I'd say I was about 25 or 26 years old the last time I was ~81kg.

I think I'm going to feel like a kid at christmas when the <80 region approaches. To see my weight at 79 will feel bizarre.

Another thing I'm realising however is that I still have a lot of fat to lose. It's quite interesting. I've lost almost 6kg already and can truly see a world of difference, but there's also still loads of flab hanging around. I find it interesting because even while I was much heavier, i.e. when I started at 88kg, I just thought "hm I'm definitely overweight but it ain't so bad", yet now after having lost 6kg I am still fitting of that description: "definitely overweight but it ain't so bad". I think this goes to show how easy it is to get fatter and fatter without realising just how fat you've become.

·
Registered
INTP 6w7
2,276 Posts
Yesterday's progress has disappeared and I am now 83.0kg again. WTF.

Ah well, progress is still happening and so I shall continue.
Artificial sweetners, I hate to say, are really unhealthy. Reserach it, cause I'm only telling you in case you've never thought about it. You don't have to believe me or convince me otherwise.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
so people on a personality site have no idea why personality matters.

other people involved mbti think references to star trek are obscure

despite the most common comparison of intp are to data which one can translate into several languages to see that is true. but yes, completely absurd to use pop culture reference because of the small chance someone doesn't get it and is unable to search the web.

and I don't even care for star trek but yeah... that was idiotic of me to even consider it was wide enough to the human conscience, worldwide, with any kind of reference to make any kind of it.

·
Registered
INTP
5,966 Posts
Artificial sweetners, I hate to say, are really unhealthy. Reserach it, cause I'm only telling you in case you've never thought about it. You don't have to believe me or convince me otherwise.
Hate to say this but you come out with some very obscure statements at times. I have no idea what point you're making here, or how it's relevant to my so far quite successful weight loss.

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
so people on a personality site have no idea why personality matters.

other people involved mbti think references to star trek are obscure

despite the most common comparison of intp are to data which one can translate into several languages to see that is true. but yes, completely absurd to use pop culture reference because of the small chance someone doesn't get it and is unable to search the web.

and I don't even care for star trek but yeah... that was idiotic of me to even consider it was wide enough to the human conscience, worldwide, with any kind of reference to make any kind of it.
It’s not sociological enough, too psychological. If we had sociological types we’d be talking at the level of metadata when it comes to people instead of their opinions.

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
This is stupid because enemies have an emotional connection with you and are extremely subjective.
They only have a point of view that is influenced by their desires, expectations and goals.
I find it totally stupid to do that.

If you want to find out something, you really do it with people with whom you have not yet established a strong emotional connection (but either not at all or a weak one) but who have known you for a short time.

This involves: knowing an impartial person who has known you but has no intention / desire from / with you. You have to ask and that person will have an answer closest to reality.

This thing with asking your enemy: what weaknesses do I have? Well, how does the enemy know that weakness really exists and is not just an isolated attitude in a certain situation?

People tend to see what they want to see, not (something close to) reality. Especially enemies or friends.

Plus, from an enemy, you would rather learn the strengths you have, not the weaknesses. Because this is what the enemy does: first of all, he becomes an enemy because he has an admiration for you and he studies your qualities in search of weaknesses. When he finds weaknesses, the status of "enemy" disappears because: either he no longer considers yourself an enemy / competitor because he saw that you have weaknesses and is no longer interested, or he destroys / removes you from the market.
As a supposed INTP, I have learned to become an irrationalist. So what is left of INTP?

The only thing I do nowadays is positive content. Cartoons, UFO sightings, ghost videos, restaurant impossible. All of the stuff that makes a person smile.

Any level of insult hurling and negativity has turned rotten to me.

What is true and false has taken a backseat. But I can’t exactly say that right and wrong are now the drivers. More like comfort maybe.

I was watching some video of a “New Atheist” kid explaining how religion is nonsense and how Science Rules, everyone else is backwards. I don’t get it these days. This guy had a horribly cringe moment when he met a Muslim and was surprised they could think like another other normal human being. Like whoa other people aren’t completely stupid.

From MBTI, the INTP and other NT types are supposed to be blind to their words and will feel the need to correct others when others are wrong.

If that instance of “rationalism” is what NT is all about, I think must be so un-humbling.

·
Registered
INTP
5,966 Posts
The only thing I do nowadays is positive content. Cartoons, UFO sightings, ghost videos, restaurant impossible. All of the stuff that makes a person smile.
I am all about the seal videos on youtube these days.

Or any short clip involving animals being cute or silly.

Never thought I'd be that kind of person, but here I am.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
It’s not sociological enough, too psychological. If we had sociological types we’d be talking at the level of metadata when it comes to people instead of their opinions.

most of the time when I communicate I attempt to oversimply and integrate use pop culture references to bring it into a realm of familiarity for them. Also humourous, in the same breath of complaining it requires pop culture knowledge and that knowledge is not wide enough, whines when it's not detailed, scientific enough while also complaining that that too is too obscure. so it seems more personal than not. same as someone that ignores others interactions, and singles said person out.

so waters already poisoned.

perhaps I should be asking where exactly is the lowest 'common' denominator. . . yet the attitude is this is common knowledge and it's stupid to consider anything else otherwise. therefore, if stupid, how can it be explained to me.

it is nothing and meaningless but it's a random thought. frustration. irritation with people. which frequently becomes isolating. like the nature of social forms of media or politics.

but then in a world where most self diagnose themselves as autistic yet are never the shitting their pants unable to verbalize autists. not even entertaining a vow of silence for that identity scheme.

typing is frivolous but entertainment and categorization is relevant. we archetype with or without formal systems. the most opposed to the concept tend to believe in sheer right and wrong. but the nature of personal truths vs facts.

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
most of the time when I communicate I attempt to oversimply and integrate use pop culture references to bring it into a realm of familiarity for them. Also humourous, in the same breath of complaining it requires pop culture knowledge and that knowledge is not wide enough, whines when it's not detailed, scientific enough while also complaining that that too is too obscure. so it seems more personal than not. same as someone that ignores others interactions, and singles said person out.

so waters already poisoned.

perhaps I should be asking where exactly is the lowest 'common' denominator. . . yet the attitude is this is common knowledge and it's stupid to consider anything else otherwise. therefore, if stupid, how can it be explained to me.

it is nothing and meaningless but it's a random thought. frustration. irritation with people. which frequently becomes isolating. like the nature of social forms of media or politics.

but then in a world where most self diagnose themselves as autistic yet are never the shitting their pants unable to verbalize autists. not even entertaining a vow of silence for that identity scheme.

typing is frivolous but entertainment and categorization is relevant. we archetype with or without formal systems. the most opposed to the concept tend to believe in sheer right and wrong. but the nature of personal truths vs facts.
Don’t be so jaded son.

The best way to approach a debate is to compliment your opponents and then swiftly change direction and go for the jugular. They will be defeated before they even know it.

·
Registered
INTP 6w7
2,276 Posts
Hate to say this but you come out with some very obscure statements at times. I have no idea what point you're making here, or how it's relevant to my so far quite successful weight loss.
Hate to say it, but you just came out with a statement about my statements which was exactly like the way the INTJ I know responds to my statements.

·
Registered
INTP
5,966 Posts
Today I changed the brake pads on my car.

I'm 32 years old but I still get that "yeah I'm so manly I can look after myself and do car stuff" feeling when I do it.

To be honest, in my whole life I've never known anyone say to me, "I'm going to change my brake pads today" (or do anything to a vehicle other than change a wheel or top up the oil), so I guess I am being a bit of an outlier by doing the pads myself. I think the UK has a woeful skills shortage. I know that's true for definite in my profession, which is programming, and I think wider skills are lacking too. Basic car maintenance is one of those skills. Brits rely too much on paying someone else to do everything for them. I've always hated that kind of 'service' mentality. Sure, pay for things that take qualification, training or talent, but if there's an option to try doing it for yourself first, then you should do it.

In comparison, I remember working with some Polish guys when I was about 19 years old, and we got talking about my car, and some repairs it needed. They casually said they could do pretty much all of those repairs, and some of it was serious stuff. I don't think they were lying either. It was just a casual chat, without any need to commit trickery.

I have no idea how this post got so long. Possibly a truer 'random INTP thought' than I've had for a while. Really rambling.

31021 - 31040 of 31189 Posts