Personality Cafe banner

31041 - 31060 of 31189 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
So Bumble, dating app, has women make the first move. The only option is for them to initiate conversation - if they don't, there is no chat and the match will be deleted (I think after 24 hours).

I think that's terrific because there is so much shit thrown at women on regular apps. Far less toxicity. Plus, given the general gender dynamics (male: swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe, female: careful selection), I feel like there's less 'competition' as well since I'm not the proactive type to begin with.

Signed up tonight. 8 women liked me in my first hour, 6 of them I liked back. Curious to see what percentage will actually start talking, let's go.

Reactions: HAL

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
From all I’m seeing in these Personality Type Police videos a lot of Fi users think they are Fe users despite everything.

Si is also supposedly the function that goes on rambling forever and ever without ever having a point according to this guy.

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
I've hit 82kg. The scales always fluctuate a bit when I first get on them and get my balance, and this time the fluctuation showed 81.9.

This has made me stupidly excited. Haven't seen an 81 for a lloooooong time. I guess in a few days I'll be firmly into the 81 zone.

Also, sorrynotsorry for the constant weight posts. I don't care though. The weight posts end when I reach 79kg. This is the most not-particularly-fun-but-actually-very-fun thing I've done for a very long time.

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
Since I’m on this topic, the guy on YouTube noted that there are no dominance hierarchies on the internet. That’s why people talk trash. In real life, they’d be scurred.

But I think there is more to it than mere courage.

Do you act the same on PerC as you do IRL?

I am thinking not. I am not. I’m somewhat uneasy to have my philosophy of PerC life attached to my name.

My experience in the academic discussion board is one of great hesitancy. I find it difficult to post there at all due to extreme uncertainty. There is no nonsense to fall back upon. I must face the facts and interpret them. But there are so many of them, it will take forever to even write one post.

It is a different form of thinking that is required. An intensive thinking, actual thinking. Something I am not capable of due to my years of squalor. I must go to the Dagobah System.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
Do you act the same on PerC as you do IRL?
to a fair degree, though of course, my representation here is may be a slightly more exaggerated version. but I would say it still matches closely to physical zones, events, where exaggerated personas are common. so, there is little deviation.

I find I hold back as much here as I do in most conversations. . . not being fully aware of the other person's capabilities and those reservations I have on my own. overall difference, this is a place I'd be more likely vent while in real life situations I'd be more apt to compartmentalize stressors until alone.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,048 Posts
I’m slowly destroying all of my greatness. A slow death.

PerC back up my posts and then remove them from the production environment.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I like to walk.
I never get tired. I don't need pauses for toilet, eating, or drinking water. Rarely I need them.

I walked 48 kms in the last 48 hours (and 16 of them = sleep time) while exploring a new city. And I'm not tired at all. I feel like I walked 2 kms.

I wonder if this is something common for INTPs.

The bad thing is that I need this to be true for my partner too. I accept that women need more pauses for physiological reasons but I can't stand getting tired by walking. Even if it is on mountains. As long as I'm not physical active (I'm pretty sedentary) and I can do it...everybody can.

My own personal record was 29 kms in a single day (awaken. Like 16 real hours). But it was Summer.

And no, I never feel like being in a hurry. I take my time to enjoy surroundings. It's just that if I get 80% from a place by spending 10 minutes there: I won't spend 10 more just to get that last 20%.

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
I like to walk.
I never get tired. I don't need pauses for toilet, eating, or drinking water. Rarely I need them.

I walked 48 kms in the last 48 hours (and 16 of them = sleep time) while exploring a new city. And I'm not tired at all. I feel like I walked 2 kms.

I wonder if this is something common for INTPs.

The bad thing is that I need this to be true for my partner too. I accept that women need more pauses for physiological reasons but I can't stand getting tired by walking. Even if it is on mountains. As long as I'm not physical active (I'm pretty sedentary) and I can do it...everybody can.

My own personal record was 29 kms in a single day (awaken. Like 16 real hours). But it was Summer.

And no, I never feel like being in a hurry. I take my time to enjoy surroundings. It's just that if I get 80% from a place by spending 10 minutes there: I won't spend 10 more just to get that last 20%.
Yeah I like to walk, and I find that I can go forever, i.e. if I'm tired I won't feel the tiredness until I stop.

Well no there is a limit, but it's a very long way. My record is 42km, in mountainous terrain, with only about 30-40 minutes of time spent resting. Now that was hard. Hardest physical endurance I've ever had to go through. But for things less than that, yeah I can just go and go and go.

When I lived in London I would regularly walk from my residence into the city, just to enjoy going past all the sights, the architecture, and the touristic crowds. It gave the perfect dose of human interaction without having to interact with any humans at all. Those walks were perhaps 15km in total. Not huge, but quite long for a casual stroll.

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
I think it's quite marvellous that it's taken the best part of 4 months for me to finally feel like I miss the hubbub of normal society.

The power of introversion is really something.

It's also interesting to think that in pre-covid days I would be perfectly happy to have a whole weekend alone at home doing my own thing, but this endless lockdown has put me in a kind of warped reality where I actually want to be back among humans doing the kind of things that I would normally evade.

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
Are you telling me to join the Kyoto School?

I have a thesis to advance to them; one does not need to meditate to become a god.

Here is a story that proves it:
I was formerly a frog, living in water, But while I was listening to your teaching I was killed by a cow-herd. From a moment’s purity of mind, behold my psychic power and glory, behold my majesty, behold my beauty and my splendour. Those who hear your teaching for a long time, Gotama, they attain the steadfast place where they who go do not grieve.
As you can clearly see from this story, you just have to be a frog that gets killed by a cow rancher while listening to a philosophy class. When you die in this state of purity, you will become a god.

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
to a fair degree, though of course, my representation here is may be a slightly more exaggerated version. but I would say it still matches closely to physical zones, events, where exaggerated personas are common. so, there is little deviation.

I find I hold back as much here as I do in most conversations. . . not being fully aware of the other person's capabilities and those reservations I have on my own. overall difference, this is a place I'd be more likely vent while in real life situations I'd be more apt to compartmentalize stressors until alone.
The multimedia you provided indicates that you may know of how to become Socrates within yourself by confronting nihilism.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
So Bumble, dating app, has women make the first move. The only option is for them to initiate conversation - if they don't, there is no chat and the match will be deleted (I think after 24 hours).

I think that's terrific because there is so much shit thrown at women on regular apps. Far less toxicity. Plus, given the general gender dynamics (male: swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe, female: careful selection), I feel like there's less 'competition' as well since I'm not the proactive type to begin with.

Signed up tonight. 8 women liked me in my first hour, 6 of them I liked back. Curious to see what percentage will actually start talking, let's go.
24 hours later. 4 of them initiated conversation, which is a very decent ratio, better than I expected. The other 2 are vanishing as we speak (2 more minutes!). The love of my life not among them I fear, but generally very positive about the app, probably the best one yet. Downside = in-app purchases are on the expensive side. Bought myself a week of premium though because I can't hang on to this Google Play balance forever.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
'Invented' a board game years ago, 2009-2010. Recently been working on it a little bit again. My dad is a massive fan, always has been, I'm skeptical (various reasons). He's played it loads apparently last weekend with my niece on a prototype, and mailed me the scores of all the games they played... Didn't ask for it, but what's actually pretty cool is that he wrote my niece was hooked after four games and called it "the best game she's ever played".

·
Registered
29,799 Posts
I’m becoming more ambitious with amazon food orders. This time I am ordering canned sausages and canned chicken.

I saw a dry ice frozen bundle of beef packages but I didn’t feel like playing $89.99 for 10lbs of beef. Overpriced and not in the spirit of this project.

·
Registered
INTP
5,967 Posts
I've done it. I weighed in at 81.8kg this morning, and am therefore in a whole new version of me. Literally do not know when I was last as slim as this. Only 2.8kg left to go.

Funny narcissistic loser confession: I have a mirror behind me and at least 5 times a day I'll stand up from my work-from-home desk, turn around, lift up my t-shirt and admire my new slimness.

31041 - 31060 of 31189 Posts