Personality Cafe banner

31381 - 31400 of 31528 Posts

·
Registered
749 7w6 sx/sp INTP ILE
112 Posts
People keep saying I am an INFP. I can't tell whether I am in denial bcz I want to be an INTP or if my Ti is just fucked up. Like I tend to be focused on my own feelings and shit but I think that's because I'm trying to return to a baseline joy I used to have. I feel so much more comfortable when I can think straight and logically, which doesn't happen as much in recent days. Considering my childhood, I believe myself to have lots of Ti and Ne but I don't quite remember that well. My 4th grade teacher often remarked on how I would like asking questions to really understand. What do you guys think? I can't relate to INFP stuff like "having an emotionally complex inner world" or "strong identity" or "strong values." People are always vague when they call me INFP because "it's so obvious." Annoying and unhelpful.

·
Registered
Fool
1,018 Posts
I made almost as much money from buying a bitcoin as what I made working for 4-6 months.
Bitcoin pretty much destroyed everything in history, not even Google, Microsoft or Apple grew as fast as Bitcoin to reach 1T market cap. I like that Michael saylor (CEO of microstrategy) explains it as a new monetary network and his engineering arguments on thermodynamics and monetary policy are pretty top notch. He spoke to Elon Musk before buying bitcoin ( Musk ), so yeah.

My soap is a complete disaster. First, it crumbled, and then the crumbles gave me minor chemical burns. Perhaps I shall move on to chapstick. Or food.
Keeps your dreams Truth , never give up ...

People keep saying I am an INFP. I can't tell whether I am in denial bcz I want to be an INTP or if my Ti is just fucked up. Like I tend to be focused on my own feelings and shit but I think that's because I'm trying to return to a baseline joy I used to have. I feel so much more comfortable when I can think straight and logically, which doesn't happen as much in recent days. Considering my childhood, I believe myself to have lots of Ti and Ne but I don't quite remember that well. My 4th grade teacher often remarked on how I would like asking questions to really understand. What do you guys think? I can't relate to INFP stuff like "having an emotionally complex inner world" or "strong identity" or "strong values." People are always vague when they call me INFP because "it's so obvious." Annoying and unhelpful.
Maybe, but Infps are fucking great, you will find in all history that an extraordinary artist is usually Infp (probably my favorite composers are Infp, Ravel, for example), my sister is also Infp and she is very good at math and logic.

When you analyze music, who can even compare to Ravel, really?

But yeah ... you should show a cognitive function test even if it's not 100% accurate.

·
Registered
749 7w6 sx/sp INTP ILE
112 Posts
Bitcoin pretty much destroyed everything in history, not even Google, Microsoft or Apple grew as fast as Bitcoin to reach 1T market cap. I like that Michael saylor (CEO of microstrategy) explains it as a new monetary network and his engineering arguments on thermodynamics and monetary policy are pretty top notch. He spoke to Elon Musk before buying bitcoin ( Musk ), so yeah.

Keeps your dreams Truth , never give up ...

Maybe, but Infps are fucking great, you will find in all history that an extraordinary artist is usually Infp (probably my favorite composers are Infp, Ravel, for example), my sister is also Infp and she is very good at math and logic.

When you analyze music, who can even compare to Ravel, really?

But yeah ... you should show a cognitive function test even if it's not 100% accurate.
Sure, I tend to score INTP on those.
Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 5.04.40 PM.png

·
Registered
Fool
1,018 Posts
Sure, I tend to score INTP on those.
View attachment 875676
Yeah ... from just those results , i think you are Entp or Intp . it's not 100% accurate ( not even close ) 'cause it's your mind and nobody else .

Tho as a fucking idiot Intp i tend to get Ti max more than everything else , Ni second and Ne third ( Most 5w4 get similar results ).
Are you enneagram 4wX or something ?, 'cause i see a great individuality in you .

actually , i'm so clueless right now ( i think you are Entp) ... but you have to tell me what person you really are , it's fine bro if you take 1 year or 2 , it's still fascinating if you reach your own soul.

·
Registered
749 7w6 sx/sp INTP ILE
112 Posts
Yeah ... from just those results , i think you are Entp or Intp . it's not 100% accurate ( not even close ) 'cause it's your mind and nobody else .

Tho as a fucking idiot Intp i tend to get Ti max more than everything else , Ni second and Ne third ( Most 5w4 get similar results ).
Are you enneagram 4wX or something ?, 'cause i see a great individuality in you .

actually , i'm so clueless right now ( i think you are Entp) ... but you have to tell me what person you really are , it's fine bro if you take 1 year or 2 , it's still fascinating if you reach your own soul.
7w6 but I have a somewhat strong 4 fix.
What makes you think I'm ENTP? Lol, I've always considered myself reserved and introverted.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
I think the defining difference between INTPs and INFPs is one of moral boundaries.

As an INTP I consider myself to be a morally upstanding person, and loathe all forms of evil, selfishness, etc. But I think my moral code is borne of my own life experience, rather than anything deeper (e.g I loathe bullying because I was once bullied, but I don't have as much of a moral standpoint on the plight of beggars, because I have never been in their situation). And, more importantly, I am very easily swayed to see completely different viewpoints which put my entire moral foundation into question, and I often enjoy it when people provide such alternative viewpoints.

Conversely, a good mate of mine who is extremely similar to me, but got INFP when he tried MBTI testing, has a much stricter moral code. He'll often call me out on things or make persuasive arguments for what can simply be described as 'the right thing'. He is a naturally good person, whereas I am good-but-easily-swayed.

The type description for INFP says that INFPs are driven by a strong desire to pursue greater moral good above all else.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
At first I was mildly disgruntled about the fact that I can't drink any more carbonated drinks. Those things were one of my lifelines for adding desperate variety to my lockdown boredom. Smoking and fizzy drinks.

But I have found an amazing alternative!

It's said that kidney stones are best dealt with by drinking lots of water, and adding lemon if possible. So now I'm drinking water with raw lemon squeezed into it. What fun! I feel so healthy! And it tastes great! Tasty zingy water! My new vice, my new healthy vice!

Also, about the new job, I just told my new HR contact that I would like at least 2 weeks of free time to settle into Vietnam before starting work, and she said that's fine. Woohoo! Two week holiday in Vietnam before new job! I wonder if I can push it up to a month?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Man who isn't focused on their own feelings.

If you don't have a particularly strong moral compass + feel like you've got a slightly softer edge (Fe inf) to your personality, fuck it you're an INTP.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
So, London trip is over. It was good and bad.

It was good because it was my first adventure of any kind for months. Yes I know I go trekking, but everything has become so routine. Going down to London was an AMAZING shake-up of everything. Very invigorating. A fantastic reminder of the fact that life still exists beyond the tiny, boring, lockdown existence I've been subjected to over the past half a year.

It was bad because I now have to return to my tiny, boring, lockdown existence and twiddle my thumbs for a bit more before I can be unleashed once again.
As the show my daughter was watching yesterday told me: "Change is as good as a holiday". I had never heard that expression before, but I do agree with it (under reasonable limits of course, which were specified in the episode as well).

My soap is a complete disaster. First, it crumbled, and then the crumbles gave me minor chemical burns. Perhaps I shall move on to chapstick. Or food.
That just means you learned something you can apply to the next batch. I assume you didn't try making your own soap to get soap, there are far easier ways to do that.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
As the show my daughter was watching yesterday told me: "Change is as good as a holiday". I had never heard that expression before, but I do agree with it (under reasonable limits of course, which were specified in the episode as well).
While driving back up from London I was thinking about this in terms of cognitive functions. I don't know much of the finer details, but I've read that INTPs and ENFPs share some ways in which they interpret the world. I find this interesting because ENFPs are naturally inclined to find and do new things, and it invigorates them. As an INTP I have no inclination at all to find or do new things, but when I do do new things, I feel invigorated all the same. Specially if it involves a change in environment.

·
Registered
INTP
5,746 Posts
My mother used to say, quite often: "A change is as good as a rest."

As I mentioned some time ago, I waver constantly between wanting and not wanting a routine. I believe it was @NipNip who said this reflected the tension between our Ne and our Si.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
While driving back up from London I was thinking about this in terms of cognitive functions. I don't know much of the finer details, but I've read that INTPs and ENFPs share some ways in which they interpret the world. I find this interesting because ENFPs are naturally inclined to find and do new things, and it invigorates them. As an INTP I have no inclination at all to find or do new things, but when I do do new things, I feel invigorated all the same. Specially if it involves a change in environment.
My mother used to say, quite often: "A change is as good as a rest."

As I mentioned some time ago, I waver constantly between wanting and not wanting a routine. I believe it was @NipNip who said this reflected the tension between our Ne and our Si.
ENxPs are naturally 'Yes'-people, whereas we INTPs need to be talked out of our reservations first. They're subconscious 'No's, a source of deliberation, because we are after stability/security more (and 'ahhh all the things that could go wrong'). But ultimately I think we are equally fond of novelty once experienced. The only difference is in the decision-making, largely absent for ENxPs (unless of course between the options - of which 'none' by the way will never be favorite).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Finally getting interested in politics after finding a political party that I like. Haven't found anything I disagree with them on yet, but there might be something. Either way I agree with them on the biggest issues, so they're getting a vote from me this year. Not interested in discussing politics online though, so I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
749 7w6 sx/sp INTP ILE
112 Posts
I think the defining difference between INTPs and INFPs is one of moral boundaries.

As an INTP I consider myself to be a morally upstanding person, and loathe all forms of evil, selfishness, etc. But I think my moral code is borne of my own life experience, rather than anything deeper (e.g I loathe bullying because I was once bullied, but I don't have as much of a moral standpoint on the plight of beggars, because I have never been in their situation). And, more importantly, I am very easily swayed to see completely different viewpoints which put my entire moral foundation into question, and I often enjoy it when people provide such alternative viewpoints.

Conversely, a good mate of mine who is extremely similar to me, but got INFP when he tried MBTI testing, has a much stricter moral code. He'll often call me out on things or make persuasive arguments for what can simply be described as 'the right thing'. He is a naturally good person, whereas I am good-but-easily-swayed.

The type description for INFP says that INFPs are driven by a strong desire to pursue greater moral good above all else.
Exactly. That's why I can't see myself as an INFP, I care little about morality. Maybe I'm actually a Ne instead of a Ti dom, and I haven't developed Ti much because I'm cognitively immature.
Man who isn't focused on their own feelings.

If you don't have a particularly strong moral compass + feel like you've got a slightly softer edge (Fe inf) to your personality, fuck it you're an INTP.
Ah okay. Maybe I'm an ENTP, see my above response. I'm often unaware of when I'm hungry and only eat out of boredom or after smelling food (inf Si.)

·
Registered
INTPish (549)
130 Posts
That just means you learned something you can apply to the next batch. I assume you didn't try making your own soap to get soap, there are far easier ways to do that.
Yes, I just tried making the soap for fun. I'm experimenting with crafts in my spare time these days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is only one fully realized INTP. The rest are entropy. If you're an entropic INTP, hey at least you're in the show.

31381 - 31400 of 31528 Posts