Personality Cafe banner

31401 - 31420 of 31511 Posts

·
Registered
INTP
6,246 Posts
My mother used to say, quite often: "A change is as good as a rest."

As I mentioned some time ago, I waver constantly between wanting and not wanting a routine. I believe it was @NipNip who said this reflected the tension between our Ne and our Si.
I think the best routine is the kind with non-routine things peppered onto it.

·
Registered
INTP
6,246 Posts
Weight loss mission is definitely waning (in a good way).

Most days this week I've edged a little over my calorie limit for the day (but still at an overall deficit from the recommended daily amount), and last night at a mate's house went completely overboard with snacks and drinks. Also tonight I'm going to my parents' house for a family barbecue which will easily put me into levels of calorific obscenity that I haven't experienced for a long time.

I feel safe doing this, because at most it'll add a couple of hundred grams back onto my weight. I'm just very scared of setting a precedent which puts me back into my gluttonous ways. I still don't have the athletic shape I wanted, but for sure I'm at a very good point already. I'm confidently but carefully going forward at this point.

In other ramblings, I find it interesting how one's mental perception of the chapters of life can be broken up by specific events which have no meaning, other than to create such a separation between the chapters that we perceive. This happened to me after my London trip last weekend. It could also perhaps be due to it coinciding with a very sudden turn in the weather, into the first truly warm days of spring, but overall I feel I'm in a mentally very different place than I was prior to my London trip. I think this is common for a lot of people. After a big event of any kind, your mind shifts itself into a new chapter, and treats a lot of things as past. For me, that means three things:

1. INFJ crush suddenly feels like it was years ago
2. My Vietnam plans suddenly feel very long and drawn out, almost as if they aren't real, because the hype and excitement were part of the prior mental chapter that my mind has just exited from.
3. My daily studying of the Vietnamese language has suddenly waned into a state of severe demotivation. It feels like an old, dormant hobby, even though it was only a few days ago that I was doing a bit of study every single night, for about two months straight.

I find it very interesting how the mind can so resolutely turn a new chapter like that.

·
Registered
30,128 Posts
Today I once again fell asleep at 2am and there has been absolutely no grogginess. I think I slept for less than 40 minutes and I woke up feeling like I had energy. That isn’t helpful though because I don’t really feel like being awake at 4am like this.

·
Registered
INTP
6,246 Posts
My alcohol tolerance is way up. Drunk an absolute ton last night and never really felt that 'wild drunk' feeling which happens when you've had a lot to drink. Over the course of the night, each time I went to the bathroom I saw myself in the mirror and my eyes were red and glassy as fuck, i.e. proper drunk person eyes, but I felt oddly composed and coherent the whole night.

I think this is a good thing. I tolerated the alcohol so well that it just felt pointless. I think I finally don't enjoy drinking any more. It feels like I'm just stealing my own mental acuity and wasting time (i.e. the next day - or two days - is spent in recovery with the hangover and general physical tiredness).

Maybe I'll find a good middle ground. I might be able to start enjoying a night without feeling to the need to drink constantly. Just a few beers or whatever. Might be nice.

·
Registered
Fool
1,011 Posts
My alcohol tolerance is way up. Drunk an absolute ton last night and never really felt that 'wild drunk' feeling which happens when you've had a lot to drink. Over the course of the night, each time I went to the bathroom I saw myself in the mirror and my eyes were red and glassy as fuck, i.e. proper drunk person eyes, but I felt oddly composed and coherent the whole night.

I think this is a good thing. I tolerated the alcohol so well that it just felt pointless. I think I finally don't enjoy drinking any more. It feels like I'm just stealing my own mental acuity and wasting time (i.e. the next day - or two days - is spent in recovery with the hangover and general physical tiredness).

Maybe I'll find a good middle ground. I might be able to start enjoying a night without feeling to the need to drink constantly. Just a few beers or whatever. Might be nice.
I actually have a code to drink xD ... never drink during the day and never drink two days in a row. I've tried a lot of drugs but I stick to my codes xD. It is a limitation rather than a virtue, I would never try to tell a young person that it is a form of personal liberation ... it is only a mental and physical prison ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's pointless. I don't enjoy it. I'm stealing my own mental acuity and wasting time.

A few beers or whatever might be nice.

·
Registered
INTP
6,246 Posts
I actually have a code to drink xD ... never drink during the day and never drink two days in a row. I've tried a lot of drugs but I stick to my codes xD. It is a limitation rather than a virtue, I would never try to tell a young person that it is a form of personal liberation ... it is only a mental and physical prison ...
Ha, I generally agree but there are occasions where day-drinking is great. Usually when the weather is perfect for it.

I also don't mind drinking two days in a row. Well, two evenings. It's becoming an increasingly rare occurrence though.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Hard to keep up with everything they find is bad.

Man the battlements, we're under attack by radical Parabens!
One theory is that whatever a person needs to survive is exactly the thing that kills him. I even wanna go as far as speculating oxygen is responsible for deterioration, from the first moment one breathes it.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
One theory is that whatever a person needs to survive is exactly the thing that kills him. I even wanna go as far as speculating oxygen is responsible for deterioration, from the first moment one breathes it.
"Oxygen toxicity is lung damage that happens from breathing in too much"

Yeah, too much of a good thing, nothing in excess. That must be why I keep no plants in the house . . . aside from the care issue.

·
Registered
INTP
6,246 Posts
Parabens sounds like a disease caused by parachuting.

Like getting the bends from swimming too deep, but instead it's the bends from parachuting too high.

·
Registered
INTPish (549)
121 Posts
It's exhausting trying to explain the same thing to someone over and over and over again. I can understand why some teachers don't even try to rephrase.

31401 - 31420 of 31511 Posts