Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 29600 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I should do my homework. Why do they even have homework on Christmas break? Did Jesus do homework on his birthday? No! He got some nails driven through his hands, which is about half as painful!
the nails thing didn't happen on his birthday, though!

oh wait, this isn't the debate thread. are you posting in the debate thread? because you should. or maybe you shouldn't, because you should be doing your homework.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I would love for someone to ask me, "what are you thinking?" .. oh, who am i kidding, i wouldn't tell them even if they asked.
quite honestly, if a person asks me what am I thinking (usually after I ask them and they give me some thoughtless answer) I just tell them "Oh...Not much..." but with a hint that I really want to let someone else in...then they go off and talk about themselves

·
Registered
619 Posts
the nails thing didn't happen on his birthday, though!

oh wait, this isn't the debate thread. are you posting in the debate thread? because you should. or maybe you shouldn't, because you should be doing your homework.
I know. I didn't feel like going back and editing for anything that could be misinterpreted. That's what I get for not giving into my grammar Nazi urges. I feel so dirty. D:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I know. I didn't feel like going back and editing for anything that could be misinterpreted. That's what I get for not giving into my grammar Nazi urges. I feel so dirty. D:
*evil laughter* Exactly as I intended to see! Our raw, unedited thoughts spewing forth against the dam that is our need to edit and correct

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I just found an apologetics website that claims to use logic, but is blatantly subjective in its rhetoric. Yay! I am having a really good time reading the articles and picking them apart.

It feels so good to find something that has reactivated my brain after more than a month of stagnancy and apathy.

@darksoul- why do you say that?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I've been feeling rather emotional lately. Pushing those emotions away doesn't work; trying to understand them only leaves me more confused. So, a part of me wonders if I'm a mistype. :dry:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I've been feeling rather emotional lately. Pushing those emotions away doesn't work; trying to understand them only leaves me more confused. So, a part of me wonders if I'm a mistype. :dry:
I don't think we are meant as a type to be emotionless, I mean, we are human, no matter how much some of us deny it. Could it just be a rut? or is this looking like a more permanent issue? A part of your personality that you always knew to be there, just didn't acknowledge?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Maybe INTPs with higher intuitive scores test with more F, and maybe that's the reason for INXPs.

I usually test with more Ne than Ti, yet I score highly on the introverted spectrum, and relate to introverted characteristics, such as becoming drained when socializing for long periods of time.

I always wondered whether my ADD and the symptoms associated with ADD, such as impulsiveness, non-linear thinking and trouble paying attention, influence my Ne traits. Perhaps the environment and those within that environment nurtured the Ne, while the societal preferences discourage the latter. For example, my father was an ENTP and my mother is an INFJ, which definitely affects how I was raised as a child. Yet there seems to be a societal preference for remaining humble, not showing one’s intellect, and not questioning or being curious. This preference may differ according to the community or culture, but I have noticed a pattern in my environment that downplays thinking to the point of people dumbing themselves down to blend in with the crowd.

Another possibility could be the interests of the INTP. INTP types that readily engage in mathematics might focus more on linear thinking and introverted thinking than those that enjoy painting and drawing and writing science-fiction. Different activities involve both cognitive functions, but perhaps, the preference for each function lies on what and how that person engages the particular activity.

Another possibility, which you suggested, is Fi and Ti. Both functions are almost parallel introverted processes, but to put it simply, Fi relies on relations and values more than Ti, while Ti relies on principles and logic.

Both functions intermix but the preference determines the type. I usually score high with Fi, but never enough to be an INFP, and I do not relate much to the INFP profiles.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
A part of your personality that you always knew to be there, just didn't acknowledge?
Yes, there is a possibility that I may have always been a feeler but unpleasant childhood experiences forced me to suppress that side.

I'm also finding myself becoming emotionally attached to someone. It's driving me nuts because it's unfamiliar. It's frighteningly comforting. Or just frightening.

A part of me says: "It's okay to feel. You're human, after all". But a bigger part wants to put a stop to it. Thus, this perpetual emotional rollercoaster ride.

*can't believe her random thought has drawn so much attention*

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yes, there is a possibility that I may have always been a feeler but unpleasant childhood experiences forced me to suppress that side.

I'm also finding myself becoming emotionally attached to someone. It's driving me nuts because it's unfamiliar. It's frighteningly comforting. Or just frightening.

A part of me says: "It's okay to feel. You're human, after all". But a bigger part wants to put a stop to it. Thus, this perpetual emotional rollercoaster ride.

*can't believe her random thought has drawn so much attention*
Once more, INTPs, we like to see random ideas and converge upon them (another reason I started this). Getting caught up in feelings for anyone does horrors to anyone's personality, specifically the NTs. The experience is new so you are always going to end up more confused as you analyse and dissect this strange creature. I think you are just fine, confused maybe, but you seem to be where you belong.

41 - 60 of 29600 Posts