Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by the INTJ thread on an INTJ's average day. Fellow INFJs, what are your daily routines? As a creature of habit, I find myself doing certain routines. i usually end up +/- 30 minutes off from the schedule, but as long as I adhere to this general routine, i'm fine. If I stray from the routine though, i freak out a little.

5:00 am sharp wake up, shower, dress in clothes laid out night before
5:30 am breakfast (same thing in the mornings. every day. 365 days a year)
6:00 am check email . review schedule for day. read news. double check i have everything for the day.
6:15 read, pray, meditate
7:00 am out (work, class, meetings)
6 pm back home, deeeenarrrr.
7pm-9:30 pm : unconstructed "unwind" time, a lot of internet browsing, watching shows, listenin' to music, etc.
9:30 : start getting ready for bed, pick out tomorrow's clothes. SLEEPPPPP by 10

note: from 7pm-9:30pm, i either do the above "unwind" stuff or do: art, music, work-out, depending on my energy
another note: that schedule drastically shifts during phases when I have insomnia, like right now

anyway, what are your daily routines????? whether it's morning routines or anything you find yourself doing out of habit. Ideally, my day would be more simple and have more time for hobbies and personal stuff, but right now, my schedule is a bit demanding. and definitely taxing on me, because i have less time to let myself out through creative outlets.

·
Registered
139 Posts
wow you have a really good schedule :eek:
mine goes something like this

8.00 Alarm goes off. Visualize what I should wear
8.30 Get up, put on outfit
8.40 Change outfit x2, look for missing laundry
8.45 Eat breakfast, think about making lunch but instead spend all spare time brushing teeth etc
9.00 Catch bus into uni
4pm Get home. Internet.
6.30 Dinner
7.00 Generally something social, small group etc
10.30 study
11.30 shower
12am Pray
12.30 Bed.

No jokes this is probably flattering for me lol.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Monday & Wednesday:
5:00am ~ Wake up, breakfast
5:30am ~ get ready
6:00am ~ leave for school w/ dad to carpool
7:00am ~ arrive to school; do homework
9:30am ~ first class begins
3:00pm ~ last class ends; do homework
5:00pm ~ get picked up; go home
6:00pm ~arrive home; Dinner
7:00pm ~ shower
8:00pm ~ TV time (prime-time shows ftw); get ready for bed
10:00pm ~ bed.

Tuesday & Thursday:
8:00am ~ wake up, breakfast
8:30am ~ get ready
9:00am ~ leave for school; drive self
10:00am ~ arrive to school; do homework
2:00pm ~ first class begins
5:30pm ~ last class ends; leave for home
6:30pm ~ arrive home; dinner
7:30pm ~ shower
8:00pm ~ TV time; get ready for bed
10:00pm ~ bed.

Friday
8:00am ~ wake up, breakfast
homework? lazy day? up to me.
8:00pm ~ TV time; get ready for bed
10:00pm ~ bed

I'm freakishly scheduled. I want those hours of sleep in on T&Th.... :p Sometimes i don't wake up until 10:00, but it takes me an hour to get out the door no matter what, and an hour to arrive to school, and i have to plan 2 hours of traffic. So i have to at least be up 3 hours before i go to school. I lack a social life to do anything exciting out of my rut of ritual.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Generally my day is very loosely structured, or structured not at all unless someone else imposes a schedule on me. This has been a life-long struggle.

I am currently unemployed and waiting for a government job to begin, sooo....this is what a typical weekday would look like for me:

6:30 or 7:00 Get up and make school lunch for my son, clean him up and make sure he's ready. Send him off. Afterwards maybe a little internet time, especially if I didn't sleep well.

8:00 or 9:00 shower and start doing dishes/laundry/general cleanup (ugh :bored:)

12:00 lunch

1:00 depends, changes everyday. Could be grocery shopping, internet, nap, errands, tutoring

2:15 Go pick up kids from school

3:30 Get home to meet son that takes the bus

4:00 Snack for me and the kids. Bible study with one or the other of them

5:00 Make dinner

Rest of the evening: either attend a meeting or chill until bedtime, when I have to round up the hooligans and put them to bed.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I do not have one right now, It's still kinda summer I don't start college til 27th.

My schedule is very random, like my head.

·
Registered
166 Posts
work day's My schedule is not regular... I don't like that
5:15 am wake up
5:20 am dress up with close that I prepared the night before
5:25 am go to bathroom, put on a little mascara
5:30 am make my self a cappuccino
5:35 am prepare brakefast + eat
5:40 am as I eat and drink I prepare my lunch
6:00 am I leave for work
4:00 pm I'm home
4:30 pm get the supper ready (usualy with one of my teen)
5:30 pm me and my teens eat and talk and laugh...
6:30 pm unwind; bath or shower, computer, movie, tv show...
10:00 pm time for bed

Day's off
get up at 8:00 am or 9:00 am
try to do all the things I can do, like household chores or just take it easy and read or watch a movie.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I live with an INFJ, who definitely has a schedule. Getting to work in the morning is a very well planned and meticulous activity.

May I ask, what is your reasoning behind these schedules, which seem to be standard in this type? Is it done consciously or subconsciously? -hides-

·
Registered
473 Posts
I live with an INFJ, who definitely has a schedule. Getting to work in the morning is a very well planned and meticulous activity.

May I ask, what is your reasoning behind these schedules, which seem to be standard in this type? Is it done consciously or subconsciously? -hides-
structure=security+productivity

Reactions: Knives

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I subconsciously create structure, not so much because of productivity but because it helps me take control of my life, especially when I feel I am in chaotic surroundings.

When I have weekly and daily routines, it gives my day and week a more ordered and calm feeling. It also simplifies my life because I have blocks of time marked off to do something.

Routines are a good thing for me to fall back on, kind of like a safety net. At least for me, I guess it is more of a reaction to the life i find myself in right now. Perhaps things might be different when I am in a more relaxing or less chaotic time in life.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Right now until about Thanksgiving my basic schedule is:

6 AM - Wake up, start coffee, put contacts in, wash face and put on exfoliate... then find what to wear and get dressed.
6:30 - After dressed, eat breakfast. Sometimes turn on the news on TV... other times just check e-mail.
7:00-7:30 - get to school. Once at school, print off copies of assignments in office if any, plug in my flash drive into computer and get powerpoint, handouts, etc. organized to teach at 8.
8:05-8:50 - teach 8th graders
8:53-9:34 - teach more 8th graders
9:35-10:40 - Prep... so grade papers, fill out behavior reports, get activities ready for next class periods, give cadet work, etc. It depends on the day but there is always something to do.
10:43-11:25(ish) - teach ag science class of freshman through seniors
11:30-12:05 - lunch
12:05-12:30(ish) - Homeroom... which my mentor teacher takes care of most of the time.
12:34-1:20 - Teach 2nd ag science class
1:25-2:12 - teach ag business management (or observe if mentor teacher is teaching instead of me)
2:15-3:05 - teach ag operations (or help out mentor teacher with teaching kids/helping kids with the lab work since there are a TON in there)
3:05-3:30 or so (depending on day) - organize homework, handouts, etc. according to class period... take papers that need grading. Perhaps update grades online.

Sometimes at 3:15-3:20 there may be a a meeting or activity later in the evening, but that's variable.

If I have no activities or meetings going on after school I'll leave by 3:30. If I don't feel like leaving that early (which some days I don't feel like leaving as early as my mentor teacher does) I'll hang out in front of the school as the kids are dismissed with the administration and talk with them just for moral support, ideas, to learn more from them in general, etc.

5:30-6:30 (monday, wednesday) - yoga class... I may go there earlier or stay later to run and/or lift. Depends on if I did strength training or cardio the day before or not because a day of recovery is needed after any strength training.

Evening - read, go online (like on here), reflect on classes and come up with new lesson ideas.

8-9: shower.

10: sleep

Weekends are completely variable. I'll spend some of the time writing up lesson plans and lesson materials for the week. Might hang out with friends if they are around. If I'm home, I'll visit family. It all depends.

So basically to sum it up, I'm very structured at work and school because I feel I need to be in order to be successful. However, in the other aspects of my life I like to keep it flexible where I can. I will also comment that in teaching I can plan lessons all I want, but not everything goes according to plan.... I still have to be flexible and be on my toes for coming up with backup ideas for the kids to do on the spot. This is why planning a weeks work (or even a week and a half) ahead of time is very helpful because then I know exactly what to cover next.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I didn't really think I had a routine.

5:00 to 8:00 AM Wake up depending on how I slept. Get ready for work and usually get busy with tinkering and end up running late and loosing track of time. I try to meditate and sometimes get the mat out for yoga. I will soon begin a daily practice and am working on the barriers/obstacles to this in life right now. I will also spend time in the garden sometimes.
5:00 PM to 8 or 10 PM Get home and get dinner, Mondays, Lions Club, Thursdays dinner with my son. Other days an occasional art class or other class. Bike ride, walk, yoga at home, neighborhood meeting etc. I must watch the balance between too much structure and not enough. Both are important to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts