Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) what is your Enneagram type?
2) under what circumstances would you take the life of another human being?

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
1) See sig/profile
2) I guess if I was REALLY annoyed and thought I could get away with it.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5w4 Sx/Sp

obviously, I would way the benefit of consequences and do a thorough risk/reward analysis, but some situations in which I would be willing to kill someone are
1) Someone attacking me. if you take issue with me, feel free to take it up with me. if you want a healthy competition, that's fine....but you do not get to strike me ever.
2) Someone seriously threatening me. as with the above, that shit is not funny. don't do it
3) Someone attacking or threatening a close friend
4) Someone breaking into my home, even if I had the option of letting them live (it would depend on my mood)
5) war, including any number of soldiers I would have to kill to desert. my goal is to get out of there in one piece as quickly as possible, and if that means killing someone else to do so, I don't care.
6) anyone who tried to seriously blackmail me (ex: if someone said they were going to tell the cops I raped them unless I paid them an unholy amount of money)
7) witnesses to me killing someone else (would I like it? no, but it's all about survival at that point)
8) anyone who was abusive toward me or anyone I cared about
9) anyone who was abusive toward a child
10) anyone who severely restricted my freedom for an extended period of time.
11) corrupt political figures

the only one which would be regrettable would be #7. otherwise, if anything I would be proud of myself
@KindOfBlue06 @Vajra @Animal @FreeBeer @LeoCat
you might enjoy this thread

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I have to say Swordsman, your answers pretty much cover my own feelings on the issue.

SP 3v4

Although my top fantasies these days are abducting and torturing my cult leader father who recently emailed me for the first time in six years. Prior to that he sent minions to do his bidding, stalking us around the States.

I would never hurt him. Because my husband is too awesome to risk any time in prison.

Not because I have a conscience on the matter.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I would really like to not take another life. It's not my place to decide that. Honestly I would be tempted to kill those who abused me and scarred me and crap, if I got the chance and there were no consequences... But even then? Killing them would be 100x worse than what they did to me. I want justice, but I don't think death would accomplish that.

I don't believe in euthanasia but it would be tempted to kill someone if they were in so much pain and there was no hope for them... I can't see myself doing it, but I can imagine wanting to help them however I could.

I would probably be most likely to kill someone out of self defense, but even then I can't fathom killing someone just because... icky. I don't want to have a death on my hands, to know I stopped life, to know that person was a person and me, I killed them...

I would maybe be tempted to agree with a death if they were just a Bad Person and the world would be a better place without them hurting people, but I would have to be in a very unhealthy and disconnected state to actually agree with their being killed.

In general I it's don't agree with me deciding to take a life, and I don't think I would. I mean I could - all of us unfortunately have it in us - but I can't imagine myself doing it.

Also right now it seems I'm a 2w1 so/s-something

·
Registered
Amateur Newscaster
11,502 Posts
Enneatype: 6w5 Sx or 1w2 Sx

Circumstances: Self defense, defense of others, warfare (my job would be basically to kill people -- fortunately at 43 I have a distinct reason to assume I would not be pulled into the military)

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
21,025 Posts
1. 5w6
2. In order to protect myself, or those I love.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
1) 6w7.
2) Self-defense or defense of others only.
Same here....thou I'm reading the bible...and God is making me question that. I mean this thing is bloodthirsty & sadistic as fuck...o_O...so much death as if we are ants to be played with...

<.< the old folks were right to fear God...for it is a vengeful God full of pride who sins all over the place because it can. Gods degree of hypocrisy is to be condemned imo (thus far end of book 2)

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
6w5 sx/sp.
To save a life, never to take one.

That said I could imagine in some extreme circumstance when I'm not quite in my right mind being tempted to kill someone either to prevent the given situation ever occurring, or out of vengeance. Still, if it's ever about killing another person, it can't be justified to me.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
1. 3w4
2. REVENGE. Especially if they treat me like ****, which most people do.

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Same here....thou I'm reading the bible...and God is making me question that. I mean this thing is bloodthirsty & sadistic as fuck...o_O...so much death as if we are ants to be played with...

<.< the old folks were right to fear God...for it is a vengeful God full of pride who sins all over the place because it can. Gods degree of hypocrisy is to be condemned imo (thus far end of book 2)
Be more moral than God. ^_^

1. 3w4
2. REVENGE. Especially if they treat me like ****, which most people do.
So I am to assume you have a lot of bodybags?

·
Registered
7,672 Posts

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
1. 4w3 Sp/Sx (most likely).
2. Only under extreme circumstances. I generally trust our justice system.

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Type: 1w2

These are the circumstances where it would be most likely to happen.

1) Self-defense or defense of others.
2) If a close family member with a terminal illness or at a very old age was in extreme pain with no chance of recovery and wanted me to end their lives.
3) Abortion.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Be more moral than God. ^_^
o.o here is the kicker however. The original sin is this very understanding of morality that we apparently gained from the tree of knowledge. >.> apparently God designed man to be morally blind & this thing of moral blindness is repeated several times in the old testament as God doesn't really want man to be good, you are just not supposed to do anything God commands you not to...o_O so the way things seem is that God really wanted man to just be obedient & clueless. >.> also we sort of failed to eat from the fruit of the tree of life... and didn't become immortal.

o_O this kinda makes sense <.< as God made the angels & animals the same way. The big man upstairs seems like an egomaniac to me...

<.< so far there is very little about good deeds or being good in a moral sense (and I'm reading book 3). :/ there is a long winded genealogy, circumcision, God toying with man, mistreatment of women, explanations of under what rues you can beat slaves, lots of death & ritual sacrifice of animals :/ sprinkling of blood & burning animals...(God seems to love burning animals for some reason...)

...thou shalt not kill...my ass.

Basically if God is with you ^^ you are going to be rich, victorious & will have lots of kids, while everyone around you who is not with God gets fucked over by him :p...

...aaaand ppl could technically buy their way out of sin by offering animals as payment to God o_O. (ritual sacrifice/burning)

O_O ok, book 3 deals with morality...but one can be put to death, burned to death or stoned to death for quite a LOT of things...

@Swordsman of Mana :p did you know you can be put to death according to God for sleeping with another man? XDD God calls it "abomination" ^^; omg, I wonder how many ppl actually read the bible....>.> incest or sleeping with animals same thing...thou back in the old days ppl basically slept with their parents or siblings cus there was nobody else.

...ah well apparently God requires ppl who pick up sticks on Saturday to be stoned to death.

<.< also the shortening lifespan of ppl may be due to humanity becoming inbred XDDD

·
&#127872;
11,795 Posts
1)All kinds of self-defense and defense of others,so that includes someone attacking me but not necessarily to kill me,someone threatining me,blackmailing me,planning on killing someone,etc.
2)Revenge,if person really deserves it,and knows they deserve it(even if they personally think killing them is way too extreme)

2w3-6w5-9w8 sp/sx

·
MOTM June 2012
9,448 Posts
3w4. Possibly 4w3, or 6w7.

1. Sport, leisure recreation.

2. After torturing them.

3. Random person.

4. Children, women, the elderly.

5. Animals.

6. Anyone who opposes my faith.

7. Anyone who is weaker than me.

Loll, not really.

Self defense. War. Justice. Suicide.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.