Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you people thought of what you would like to be written for your epitaph?

I would like to have the following words:

"I have lived my life as best as I could, struggling to overcome all the challenges I faced. The wisdom I gained I have shared with all who would listen. I have no regrets."

What about you people? If you know how you want to die, it may help you to know how you want to live.

Reactions: Jojo

·
Registered
801 Posts
I gave love and received love; that is what gave my life meaning. My life's joy was found in the simple things, the people in my life, the sound of laughter and the drop of a tear. For every experience I am thankful.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought it would be cool to have some sort of quote and also something like "hey how are you doing?" so that people who pass by would be able to be amused.

As for my quote I would want my significant other to write it for me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't have one yet but I will soon, and then I'll prob change it a million times.
I think its really important, it tells the world who you were in a sentence or two.
I find it very poetic

Reactions: The Vizier

·
Registered
30 Posts
My signature. (see below)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave love and received love; that is what gave my life meaning. My life's joy was found in the simple things, the people in my life, the sound of laughter and the drop of a tear. For every experience I am thankful.
That's a beautiful way to live. :happy:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have one yet but I will soon, and then I'll prob change it a million times.
I think its really important, it tells the world who you were in a sentence or two.
I find it very poetic
Sure, keep changing it until you get it right. The Japanese were fond of changing their own death poems right up till the last moment before they died.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought it would be cool to have some sort of quote and also something like "hey how are you doing?" so that people who pass by would be able to be amused.

As for my quote I would want my significant other to write it for me.
Keeping people amused even after you've passed on. That's a light-hearted way of doing things. :wink:

Will you be helping your significant other with the input?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
"A guy like me looks in the mirror, he either grins, or he starts to fade away. And I haven't seen anything to grin about in a long time. This may not be the most graceful exit, but I know when the bottle's empty. The only thing I'm really going to miss is the conversations we had. At least I get the last word, even if I had to mail it in. Coughlin's Law: Bury the dead. They stink up the joint. As for the rest of Coughlin's Laws, ignore them. The guy was always full of shit"
I stole a movie quote as well from "Cocktails"

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"A guy like me looks in the mirror, he either grins, or he starts to fade away. And I haven't seen anything to grin about in a long time. This may not be the most graceful exit, but I know when the bottle's empty. The only thing I'm really going to miss is the conversations we had. At least I get the last word, even if I had to mail it in. Coughlin's Law: Bury the dead. They stink up the joint. As for the rest of Coughlin's Laws, ignore them. The guy was always full of shit"
I stole a movie quote as well from "Cocktails"
All nicely chosen. I thought you would put some Zen or eastern philosophical quote or something. No kick ass martial arts quote? Maybe you're not in that frame of mind today. :wink:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
All nicely chosen. I thought you would put some Zen or eastern philosophical quote or something. No kick ass martial arts quote? Maybe you're not in that frame of mind today. :wink:
I could of added a Zen style or a martial arts style but in the end is the last time we can be truthful, huh
Besides I loved that phrase from that movie okay I liked the movie also.

Yeah todays mind frame is not quit there today

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could of added a Zen style or a martial arts style but in the end is the last time we can be truthful, huh
Besides I loved that phrase from that movie okay I liked the movie also.

Yeah todays mind frame is not quit there today
True, it's your epitaph and if it sums you up nicely, that's all that truly matters. :happy:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"She danced in the rain". Or, how about "That was one hell of a ride!"
Sounds good. Now I know you danced in the rain and like extremes haha!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Everything has a bittersweet taste to it. But alas, death is the only exception to this. It's not bittersweet, bitter or sweet at all. It is ordinary because death is all but ordinary.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts