Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha!

You know that fantasy that gets you going? That one that "floats your boat", as is the common saying? Yeah, that one. Do you believe it's attractive to you because of your MBTI type, your Enneagram type, or both? Or, do you believe it's not related to either of your types at all? If not, then what do you believe is behind your attraction to that fantasy?

- You need not share the fantasy you're no doubt lost in thought about now, unless you really want to. - :tongue:

Reactions: FreeSpirit

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I suppose that the detached quality of 5w4 would have something to do with it...

I can't figure out how to work my MBTI type in, but I'd say that it has to do more with my sexual orientation (for lack of a better word) than anything else.

Reactions: Paradox1987

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I like big power reversals; my fixation on that might be something that is common for fives. I really don't think "personality type" plays a big role in this sort of thing, it would probably vary a lot by culture for instance.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Most of my fantasies revolve around what most people would call being "sexually playful". I am led to believe that ENFPs do tend to enjoy the more playful aspects of sex. So maybe; but sex is so damned subjective and context specific on the best of days that I'd not speculate on personality type - fantasy links.

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Another one of these threads? It really depends upon the individual, my type 7-ness has more influence than my Jung/MBTI type. Other than that, you can't really determine that all people of a certain type like a certain activity. It's just too big of a generalization.

Reactions: Paradox1987

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not really concerned with determining whether or not all people of a certain type are attracted to certain fantasies or not. I didn't even really consider that, lol. Just thought it'd be interesting for people to take an introspective look at themselves for their own perspective on this. I find personal experiences to be pretty fascinating. Maybe that's the Fe in me though.

:tongue:

Anyway, it's been going good so far, so I suppose I'll share my own perspective. I find the attraction I have to my own is due to either/both my types INFJ and 9w1. I'm fairly certain that a fantasy that was too opposed to those in how it played out wouldn't do anything for me. I prefer gentle scenarios, and ones in which the focus is on my partner, and my giving to them, and not myself. And not in a submissive role either, mind you. Power plays only serve to make me cringe/queasy.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I don't think so, because fantasies can originate from two totally different places-- it's either something you really, really want, or something that realistically you'd never be capable of doing or even want to do in real life, hence it being simply a fantasy.

For example, as an NF, my fantasy could be falling desperately in love with someone at first sight and then making slow, sweet, passionate love to them, yadda yadda yadda. Or... I could fantasize about being a sexually liberated woman who sleeps with any desirable man who crosses her path, with no real desire for an emotional connection, only enjoying the carnal, physical experience-- a fantasy because I obviously personally wouldn't be capable of that in real life, but it's nice to think about.

So it's kinda hard to tell where fantasies originate from, meaning an ISFP and INTJ or whatever might have the same fantasy.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts
Yes, of course it's related! I like what I like because of who I am. It's the only thing that makes sense. If I dig deep enough I always find a reason for why I like the things I like whether they be sexual or otherwise. I personally just discovered why I enjoy the fantasies I enjoy. It definitely has to do with me being a sp type 1. There are probably other factors involved as well such as life experience which may or may not also influence personality type (I'd say it definitely does) but that's a different topic.

And obviously two different people with two completely different personality types can like the same exact fantasy for completely different reasons. You follow something deep enough and you will find the answer.

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,123 Posts
I doubt mine are related to anything other than the fact that I've been abstinent for a looooong time. My gazillion fantasies are pretty much all I've got going! Some are based on past realities, some on things I have not gotten to do but might yet hope to, and some are just plain naughty (not likely to even want to try, but are hot to think about).

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm an INTJ 5w6(sometimes 5w4) and I have many types of fantasies, most of them are usually surreal or kinky/taboo(sometimes a mix of both), I guess most of my fantasies come from Ni-Fi loops, but even though I heavily indulge in my fantasies I can often separate fantasy from reality and know that what I have is all just fantasy and nothing more.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
In all reality, the only way it could be attributed to type is if it had to do with Ne itself....because there is no way I would be in similer situations from a realistic standpoint.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's interesting that people bring up unrealistic/practically impossible fantasies. I hadn't really considered that, I suppose. I always just sort of figured whichever one would be most alluring to a person would be the one most apt to possibly occur at some point. Hmm. Mine certainly is. It hasn't happened as of yet, but could under the right circumstances.

Makes me wonder what the factors are behind the allure to the impossible/impractical ones now. In so far as them being the primary fantasies, I mean. They could never happen, so why invest so much interest?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Specifically, I wonder about people who have feelings of compersion or cuckold fantasies. This fantasy of sharing that so many happily married people seem to feel toward their lover. It's always been the furthest thing from my heart. When I came across threads discussing this subject I initially thought it was all troll talk but that's not true. I then came to realize that my own wife fantasizes about me being with another woman.

I've been guessing that it's mostly extroverts who feel this but maybe I'm wrong. Could we narrow down which types feel compersion or have a fantasy about sharing? Does it have anything to do with type?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I only really (recently) fantasize about just being with (literally not in a sexual way) the person who I have a crush on, so I don't think the types have much to do with it. In fact I'm pretty sure it's a pretty common fantasy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts