Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not albums, but releases based on previous works. Singles collections, greatest hits, out-take/b side comps.

Some of mine are:

The Kink Kronikles
New Order- Substance
Oasis- The Masterplan
Bob Dylan- Biograph
Superchunk- Tossing Seeds

There's probably more...

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Lady Isla

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
I can only think of Classic Yes, but there's a big possibility it's because that compilation got me into their stuff (and I was an artistically sensitive 12 years old so it hit me hard, lol). I don't really like compilations/"greatest hits" because I pretty much never agree with the choice :p

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
311: Greatest Hits 93'-03'
Alice in Chains: Greatest Hits
Smashing Pumpkins: Rotten Apples

These bands especially because I don't really care for any one of their albums, but I like the hits.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Smiths -"Louder Than Bombs"
Paul Westerberg- "Besterberg", a few of his albums are worth owning, but I think this best of is probably good enough, plus, it has a lot of great non-album tracks that are better than a lot of album tracks.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R.E.M. - Dead Letter Office, the band actually has fun on this release...shows their fun side more than any of their albums.
Tommy Keane -Tommy Keane You Hear Me? (title is a parody of "Tommy can You Hear Me", a Who song)
Violent Femmes- Add it Up, the band has a few great albums...but this has such classics and the album classics.

What's the best Who greatest hits?

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
I've just recalled finding some random Genesis compilation that was actually their two first albums on one CD idk who even comes up with such ideas

As for The Who, there's a good one... I think it's called "Then and Now". But I have to find it and check 'cause I'm not sure. But I remember I listened to it a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts