Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those moments when all the stars align and everything is going according to plan. At this point you throw it all away because you knew the accomplishment was less meaningful than the knowledge that you can accomplish it - and [THIS] is so much more worth living for anyway.

What is this?

Reactions: lightbox

·
Banned
802 Posts
Love(?)
Alternatively: Friendship, Travelling,
Making art would also be look nicely in there:)

EDIT: My personal favorite would be development tho. When I don't have a project or something I can use my mind for, I begin to feel useless.

Reactions: forgotten reason

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Doing nothing which usually takes the form of internet browsing :rolleyes: It's a little sad because internet isn't really my favourite distraction, but it's the one I end up with. If I had an actual choice I would travel, travel, travel.

I like the way you expressed the issue. Not very long ago I had to work on something with a deadline. The minute I knew I could do it it became uninteresting. I remember the feeling of joy (or something) when I realized it's going to be good if I just continue doing it the same way I started, but also immediately switched to doing something else that was unimportant.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doing nothing which usually takes the form of internet browsing :rolleyes: It's a little sad because internet isn't really my favourite distraction, but it's the one I end up with.
:laughing: I relate to that way too much.

Reactions: lightbox

·
Registered
793 Posts
My favorite distractions.
I enjoy working out.
But I also like to draw a little, though I know I'm horrible.
my current source of distracts is either comedies, a little meditation or other music.
my favorite distraction though is also the one I've always spend extreme amounts of time doing. Thinking, reflecting, exploring the Fanta seas and so on. I enjoy and favor spending time in my mind exploring the worlds.

·
Registered
INTP
5,549 Posts
Those moments when all the stars align and everything is going according to plan. At this point you throw it all away because you knew the accomplishment was less meaningful than the knowledge that you can accomplish it - and [THIS] is so much more worth living for anyway.

What is this?
As @JustMe has suggested, THIS is love. Many times I've chucked it all to be with some "wonderful" man. Ha.

But even if love wasn't my go-to, just moving on would do. Once I've accomplished something I'm bored with it and need to move on. Or I find ways to make it not-boring, which is just wasting time. (An example is the nice little house I've lived in for 6 years. Now that I've finally made everything just right, it's driving me crazy. Time to move!)

So far I haven't become bored with hula hooping. Maybe because there's still room for improvement. I hope I don't become bored with Prince Charming.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
VIRTUAL REALITY

I only got to try it once, but when the tech becomes good enough I'm going to disappear into this realm, and I'm never looking back.

...I mean love would be nice too.

Reactions: Sava Saevus

·
Registered
INTP
5,549 Posts
Distraction from everything going right. Because when INTPs finally figure everything out, we get all bored and "Kill me now."

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Video games rarely disappoint, mostly because there's so many of them and I have a broad interest. Books used to be a good distraction too, later it became tv series, movies and, for a short time, webcomics.

Since a few years I also have a group of friends I can hang out with and just forget about all the stuff I should or could be doing.

And most recently, I found the love of my life, who is very good at distracting me with random fun stuff.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Distraction from what?
A particular [what] < [this]

For instance "the one ring to rule them all" - ooooooo but look a cat with a top hat.

Reactions: DarkBarlow
1 - 14 of 14 Posts