Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I love any kind of sassy/witty funny character, I also just love kickass people. Like Han Solo, Dumbledore (he's funnier in the books), the Weasley twins, Maggie tWD, Elizabeth Benneth from Pride & Prejudice (book), Olivia in Fringe (love her, one of my faves), Elizabeth in The Crown (still have to watch S2 though), Tyrion Lannister, Ned Stark, Lord Varys, Ygritte, Olenna Tyrell (also one of my all time faves) ,...

Usually people that make the most informed and logical decisions are a fave. But I also have a sassy kind of humour myself so I tend to like those kind of characters. The combination of humour and intelligence always results in the most relatable characters for me personally.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hmm... Favorite characters are different from those I personally identify with.

Favorites are characters like Daenerys (GoT - the exception here; I totally identify with her badassery), Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach), Riku (Kingdom Hearts), Jon Snow (GoT), among others.

But characters I actually identify with are people like Homura (Madoka Magica), Tommy (The Fountain), Levi Ackerman (AoT - also a favorite), among others.

I guess it isn't intuitive that the two aren't one in the same? Favorites are characters I adore and understand, but maybe not necessarily identify or agree with, but would admire and support regardless; characters I identify with are those whose shoes I can easily place myself, from whose eyes I can easily see the world, and can actually feel where they're coming from as if I were experiencing it with them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I see myself in parts of Jane Smith (Mr & Mrs Smith) and Root (Person of Interest). Both intelligent 'feminine' 'true neutral' INTJs. Both highly driven/capable, not 'normal', always up to something with their sense of humor not far behind. Jane has the highly controlled aspect (running her household, her company & more) while making it appear effortless and all in good taste. Root has the well worn half smiles, the self enjoyment/playfulness and a human element I strongly relate to.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I don't know, there are so many fictional characters, and it would take me a long time to ratchet-wrench my way through them going "yes," "no," "here," there."

But I'm watching Cronenberg's *The Dark Zone* again, and while I'm probably the only person alive who can't do a good Walken impersonation, I feel close to the main character.

I read the book as a kid, but I don't remember many of those pulp fiction books except the bare bare structure.

Also, Julien Sorel from *The Red and The Black* -- I've tried to watch some of the movie versions, but the book is so good I just had to turn off the movies. Lots of internal monologue and clever bons mots from Stendhal.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
I filled this out on an old thread recently which never really seemed to catch on. Here's a quote from it. Click the blue arrows to read other people's responses, but it's not specific to INTJs. These aren't FAVORITES, but ones I see bits of myself in.

Characters

Belle - All incarnations of Beauty and the Beast
Anya - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Amelie - Amelie
Stan - South Park
Stewie - Family Guy
Gregory House - House M.D.
Dexter Morgan - Dexter
Sherlock Holmes - BBC's Sherlock
Raven - Teen Titans Go!
Jon Snow - Game of Thrones (HBO)

Fitzchivalry Farseer - Assassin's Apprentice / Robin Hobb
Bridei - The Bridei Chronicles / Juliette Marillier
Bambi - Bambi / Felix Salten
Tyrion Lannister - Game of Thrones / George R. R. Martin
I don't think I could list all of my favorite characters, but if I can condense a list, I'll come back and put it in this thread.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Which are the fictional characters (from movies, TV shows and/or comic books) you identify yourself the most with?
When you say identify, does that mean whom I can see myself the most? Well i can relate to Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin. He's also my fictional crush (and love? Hehehe), and that was even before i was made aware of mbti. He's infp coincidentally. His past and his path to redemption is what's most striking for me. I made several mistakes in the past too and i hope i could be as committed to redemption as he is.

I can relate to his goofiness on the outside but sadness in the inside. I am frequently like that. There's so much jealousy, envy and / or hate in the world that sadden me. And what's moew saddening is the fact that I haven't done anything to help the people i care about the most or the society as a whole so i really admired Kenshin's commitment to his ideals as the result of his painful past.

As for other fictional characters, i am typically drawn to people who redeemed themselves (similar to Kenshin) or those that are really good hearted but their past experiences made them hard as a rock. Sample: Apostle Paul (opps he's not a fictional character, sorry), Stitch (ok not a person but more of a person to me), Magneto (but i like him better when paired/combined with his best friend prof x), John Preston, Sherlock Holmes, protagonist from the movie Zap, Jellal Fernández, hiroshima (first hokage), captain america, thor, rocket racoon, fox from Zootopia, gladiator maximus, etc.. i have always believed that there is goodness in each of us no matter how evil he project himself to be, he/she just needs love, care or acceptance / understanding.. and i always want to believe that at the end of things, goodness always truimphs against evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I kind of have an odd sense of kinship with Rick Sanchez (*Rick & Morty*). Mostly his tendency to be a hot mess, not so much the gadget-mechanical-engineering elements. He's also pretty upfront about being a racist, sexist, elitist misanthropic asshole.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
My id.

My ego.

My spirit animal.

My muse.

My "Burt Reynolds."

·
Banned
800 Posts
Anya - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Hmm, and here I was going to say I couldn't agree with ANY here. LOVED her candor. Her ultimate greed and status-assimilation was problematic but tended to at least be honest, at least around Xander and, less so, the other Scoobies. I can identify with the arbitrary throwness of how she experienced other people's social bullshit. Constant "WTF is wrong with yall?!" sprinkled with personally easy insights that might as well be emotional bullets and grenades. Something I was to avoid yet was fair game to attempt at me. Seem to recall her calling out that ironic hypocrisy among the consummate snarkers.

Still working on relevant personal examples though. I never did personal "heroes" EVER. Aside from preferring and identifying more with several villains, all characters hit some point where I just wanna shoot them in the face, like everyone else. The last characters that made me cry were Dinobot, Iron Giant, and the Tachikomos. Dinobot's pseudo-bushido's no better than any other "honor" bullshit I loathe. Iron Giant was basically retarded, and the girls were socially codependent, among other things. Seven of Nine had similar candor for similar reasons to Anya, but her bizarre collectivism sucked in both the Borg and Voyager versions. She was basically anti-Anya there. WAY too INFJ. I hate social types. I hate business types. I hate most "vision" types too. Keeps sounding INFJ utardopia or ISTJ clockwork monstrosity or both.

Did like that guy, at least in context. Needed more planning but was fucked before he started no matter, as per the moral. His so simply forgone failure should be the breaking point but is depressingly identifiable.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
This will be the shallowest answer, but james bond. Bc he is this guys that gets things done. Talks little, a lot of action. Also everyone loves his poking. And all the best women are up for it even for a second time even if hed have to run for a job and leave them halfnaked, unsatisfied in bed. They just KNOW what that he will take them for a homerun in terms of inner, external, inner, external climaxes and this immense sentiment of winning and fulfillement as their inner aftermarketing emotions. I think everyone just wants to have kids with Mr. Bond.

This is perhaps a little naughty of me, but, I actually strongly believe women are able to estimate correctly the dimesions (both latitude and longtitude) of a mans tank right off the bat. Thats kinda cool since I cant do that with even female breast not to mention smt more, delicate. So hiphurray to women. In this context, all women.

Or course Im not Bond, but I guess I had my minor share of being a player before getting married, so..

·
Registered
15,425 Posts
Which are the fictional characters (from movies, TV shows and/or comic books) you identify yourself the most with?
Movies
Josephine March ( 1994 Little Women )
Claire ( Elizabethtown)
Susanah Kayson( Girl Interrupted)
Jack Driscoll (King Kong)
Mercer ( Go Getter)

Tv shows
Eric Foreman( that 7os show )
Ellen Parson ( Damages)
Merlin ( BBC )
Arnold ( hey Arnold)
Carrie ( sex and the city )

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
You know, he's not a traditional "character," but I kind of like Conrad's narrator, essential, "Charles Marlow."

Competent, experienced, sort of hangs in the back, doesn't miss a trick, observes and tells.

What were the books/stories, *Heart of Darkness*, "Youth," *Lord Jim* (I think), and *Chance* (Conrad's sort of "pop novel," still a good one IIRC).

I guess if I wanted to be perverse, I might throw in Melville's Bartleby, of the scrivener's trade, don't you know. I don't think Bartleby can really be related to, wholly, but there's a little of him in many people, perhaps.

And, of course, my fascination with Hercule POIROT has not ended, especially since I've tracked down more of the BBC TV series -- gawd, there are a lot of them. It is he, and not Ferris Bueller, who is "my hero." :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Alright, I should share mine as well:
Movies:
Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting(1997)

Mark Wahlberg in The Gambler(2014)
Bradley Cooper in Limitless(2011)
Kevin Spacey and Jim Sturgess in the movie 21 (2008)
Jet Li in Fearless(2006) and Cradle 2 the Grave(2003)
Kristanna Loken in Terminator 3 (2003)

Elektra (Jennifer Garner), Kirigi (Will Yun Lee), Roshi (Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa) and Typhoid Mary (Natassia Malthe) in Elektra (2005)
Iko Uwais in The Raid (1 & 2)

Jason Statham in Homefront (2013)
I assume that I identify myself with ISTP, ISTJ and ENTJ characters as well..

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fictional (Marvel) Heroes/villains:

Mister Sinister

The Punisher (Thomas Jane) (2004)

Doctor Octopus (Spider-man Series)

Magneto

Scarecrow, Doctor Doom, Saruman the White, Virgil of DMC, Emperor Palpatine, Ma-Ma of Dredd, Vicious of Cowboy Bebop, etc

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
TV Shows:

Dexter Morgan (Dexter)

John Locke (Lost)
Matthew McConaughey in True Detective (season 1)

The main character in Mr.Robot

Matthew Raymond Dillon in Wayward Pines (season 1)

Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)

Dr. Gregory House (House)

Gil Grissom (William Petersen) in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

I have only some things in common with Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory) and BBC's Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock).. but I had to mention them.

And.. Hannibal Lecter (Hannibal).. for his soft classy lifestyle, introverted (solitary) phlegmatic personality, superior education/intellect and for his fancy cooking abilities..

1 - 20 of 53 Posts