Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite words? Whether speaking them, writing them, or hearing them, do you have some favorite words because of what they mean or how they sound? Share your favorites! - and add why if you want to.

My favorites:

Serenity
Harmony
Sublime
Lucid
Pulchritude
Ethereal

I'll think of some more, these are the first that came to my mind. It seems I like words that sound or mean something peaceful or transcendent...oh, yeah, I like "transcendent" too! :)

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Intruiging is my most favourite word, i love it's definition i love the way it sound i mean theword sounds so much like it's definition. it's also underrrated and i don't ever hear dumb people saying it!

·
Registered
701 Posts
My favourite word of all time would have to be schifezza, Italian for 'disaster', basically. :crazy: "Ma che di una schifezza!"

Googolplex. Harpischord. Fungi. Cheeseball. Numpty. Englebert. Basically anything that sounds very odd and/or absurd, I find strangely fascinating. My favourite phrase in the English language, on a completely different note, would be "I love you." :bored:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Metropolis
Hug
Cuddle
LOVE
Life
Amor
Breathe
There are a few that only exist in my mind and can't be spelled. So, I guess you would have to read my mind to get them. :wink:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Intruiging is my most favourite word, i love it's definition i love the way it sound i mean theword sounds so much like it's definition. it's also underrrated and i don't ever hear dumb people saying it!
Yes, I like that one, too. It's definitely in my favorites list.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Skies (baby blue)

Solstice (Winter, the first fall of snow)

Brigade (In defense of hope.)

Inquisitive (Oceanic mechanics. The way a watermill works. The only way blue seems to reach metal was through water itself)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
"Fancy" is my favorite word ever.

But I also enjoy: effervescent, labyrinthine, quixotic.

4,757 Posts
meander,
wonder,
diabolical,
maniacal,
ephemeral,
transcendent,
melancholy,
slumber,

... those are all I can think of now

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
meander,
wonder,
diabolical,
maniacal,
ephemeral,
transcendent,
melancholy,
slumber,

... those are all I can think of now
last four (ephemeral, transcendent, melancholy, slumber) rock my world. i can tell you're an exceptionally deep person, not that i didn't know that already....

4,757 Posts
last four (ephemeral, transcendent, melancholy, slumber) rock my world. i can tell you're an exceptionally deep person, not that i didn't know that already....
thanks, what a lovely thing to say <3

·
Registered
299 Posts
Tranquility
Context
Relative (as in: "that is relative", not absolute)
Knowledge
Understanding
Oneness

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I'm not sure what my favorite words are..I think all kinds of words can be extraordinarily beautiful, as long as they can fit well in a poetry or story

1 - 20 of 87 Posts