2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Fi works in you?
Can you explain Fi to me?
Please some examples :kitteh::th_love:

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
If you want examples you'd best ask an Ne dom :tongue: but you are in luck, my Ne is pretty well developed so I might be able to give you a few examples.

Fi: Makes me look inward (introspective), makes me in touch with my own emotions but since it is not an outward projecting function like Fe or Ne it means I don't express my emotions as much as an Fe dom. The iceberg metaphor is highly appropriate when describing Fi. Personally I do have very powerful emotions, my iceberg is pretty big.

Example 1 => Me and Fe dom friend are watching a drama movie. Both feel emotional when watching a particularly dramatic scene. She cries a river. I cry one tear.

Fi, as you might or might not know, is not just about emotion but it also is a highly personal value system. This actually makes an INFP highly opinionated, we have our own ideas & opinions about an array of subjects/issues. But. Since Ne is only our secondary function, we are less likely to express our opinion than an Ne dom is. We silently judge you :happy: :laughing: An INFP doesn't like to betray his or her own values, this makes us stubborn in the eyes of others but an INFP will call it authentic or true to themselves. Social pressure is felt by INFPs, because our values differ quite a bit from other types, but I don't think the average INFP is likely to crack under social pressure and change his/her personality. Again: we wish to stay true to ourselves.

Example 2 => A few of my family members are not keen on 'foreigners' and they freely make remarks about that in my presence. I could make it easy for myself and just 'nod & agree' but since I don't agree with their point of view INFP-me ends up arguing with them (in a friendly manner).

Example 3 => My co-workers, they are a few years younger than I am, often go out partying after a Saturday night shift. They always try to convince me to go with them, but since I dislike clubs I always say no. One of my co-workers made this remark: 'Come on!! Everybody is going!! You should go to." I still said no. Another co-worker then asked: 'You don't feel any social pressure, do you?' My answer: nope :tongue:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts