Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember the day when my father had brought up a new laptop for me in my b'day. I still can see the happiness which was coming from his face at that time. All i wanted at that time was to show to my dear ones. I was 15 when i got my first Laptop as a gift.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My dad bought a laptop a few years ago for himself, which essentially became mine, because he doesn't know how to use a laptop, lol.

As for myself, I first purchased my very own laptop a few months ago. I am 21.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was 17. It was a graduation present.

I bought my own in like, April or so of this year. Saved up for a MacBook Pro.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I received from a distant relative for my 18th birthday a laptop which he probably found in a dumpster. Of course, I said that I was really happy for finally having a laptop, but I don't need one that has a patch of tape on it ^^

This year I bought a Toshiba laptop and we live happily ever since. It's not that I married it out of love but because it made me win a 1600$ voucher for a trip wherever I want... :proud:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I was 30. I had to get up in the middle of the night to get to Radio Shack in time for their day after Thanksgiving sale so I could afford it, and when I got there, I was standing in line in the cold until they opened the door. At one point, a man came out and asked people what they were all there for. I told him. There was one guy who showed up afterward who wanted the same laptop. I got inside to find that the worker already had my laptop boxed up and ready at the counter, and had all kinds of accessories for it also ready for me to buy with it if i wanted. I bought the little lap fan. I told him there was someone else who would be buying the same one, and he said that this was the only one they had. I hesitated for a moment and asked my mom if maybe I should let the other guy buy it, since they only had one. She said, "I didn't get up at three in the morning to have you give it to someone else."

So here it is. I'm using it now.

I just love my Acer.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
21. Though it's a Netbook rather than a laptop. I don't need a laptop, I prefer desktops for the more intense stuff.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I was twelve, I bought it with my confirmation money so I could start my book.

It was a dell inspiron, don't remember anything else about it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was 10 or 11 when I got my first laptop. It was a Compaq and it sucked. But that was probably my fault :tongue: I got an HP Pavillion dv6000 about four years ago, and it's sucking too, so I guess it rly is my fault :crazy: I'll get another one as a high school graduation present or a christmas present this year.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I never liked laptops. Still don't. Epic failure proceeds them.
I like mine's to be stationary. it's less space, but it's more universal.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
First laptop was when i was 12 im 17 now it still works magnificently. Good for school work these days not my gaming life.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I got my first laptop in August, from my dad who bought it in Hong Kong, which probably wasn't a smart idea since every single goddamn function was in Mandarin (I think?) and took me about forever trying to set everything in English, which still isn't most things (like the calendar but I don't care). But I can write in Chinese characters if I want 昨炊尖來嘗考火馳察動架堆土改梓火力 yea...

·
Banned
34 Posts
Hmmm....I was 16. It was a Toshiba one and I took it over from my Mom when she got a new one. "GB HD....needless to say it was always full.
Got my 2nd one as an X-mas present in 2006...it broke 2008 and got a new one for that x-mas as well. Still using and loving this one (Acer gaming Laptop)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I got my first laptop in middle school as a gift, though I don't remember what it was for. Bear in mind that I'm 16, so this was about 4 years ago. It was this fellow.

Earlier this year though, I bought myself one of these:

and I absolutely love it.

I also have a desktop on the side which I've had for nearly three years, which I built myself.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I got my first laptop when i was 16; I also got my second laptop when i was 16 as I dropped the first one down the stairs!

Reactions: Valdyr

·
Registered
7 Posts
For my birthday two years ago, I received a MacBook Pro....mmmmmmmm...I'm still lovin it! I first fell in love with it while living with my ex. So after the breakup I hinted around for one :laughing:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was given a Dell Inspiron for my 18th birthday. It was pretty good, but not the greatest. After that died during my second year of university, I bought the Dell XPS M1530 that I'm using now. It's faster, more powerful, and just generally far more fabulous. Love it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I purchased my own three years ago when it suddenly dawned on me that a desktop would not be the easiest thing to lug 400 miles North on a train with multiple changes. I'd prefer a desktop, but that has to wait until i've moved somewhere I actually plan on staying/purchase a car :crazy:

1 - 20 of 167 Posts