Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was it like? How did you feel? What did you do? What happened? What do you think about it looking back?

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
What was it like?
Best drug in the world, while completely sober.

How did you feel?
10 feet tall and on top of the world.

What did you do?
Everything ;) We worked together and spent all of our off hours together.

What happened?
She left work a few minutes ahead of me and was killed in car accident on the way home.

What do you think about it looking back?
What might have been? I will never know.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,225 Posts
Never been in love, but only dated a couple times.

I'm one of those rare people that everyone else thinks I'm full of bullsh*t no matter how many times I say I'm very, extremely, happily single. Dating girls didn't make me happier, it didn't make me less happy, it was just the same good energy in a different way. If some genie, angel, or INFJ came to me who had seen the future and told me I'd never date again. I'd say no worries, as an ENFP I need a good deal of recharge time in between intense N.e. dominated experiences, and I'm very good at keeping myself entertained (not that way, you dirty minds, you).

So yeah, never been in love. Would be cool if I was one day, would be cool if I never was. We'll just see how life goes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What was it like? How did you feel? What did you do? What happened? What do you think about it looking back?
It was pure and naïve. :)
I felt safe and content and sure.
We dated from 7th-10th grade in different schools. He was INTJ. I thought I was gonna marry him.
Distance got to us. We found better people.
I look back at it fondly... I have no regrets. We are still friends, and I care about him very much. :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I don't think there was much love involved in the relationship with my "first love" but my view of our whole relationship is colored the careless manner with which he handled the break up. It could not have been done more carelessly. He is the one person who I told never to contact me again lol. I do forgive him but it doesnt matter either way how I feel about the situation because its in past. It was a huge growing experience though. No regrets. :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
It was a great feeling. Imprecise, but yet awesome. I completely freed my Fi to the skies of irrationality, for which I've suffered later in my life. It has made me a lot more wiser and matured. The trauma of the heartbreak was present for many months. Sometimes, I still look back, but it's just a mere memory to me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's the best thing ever, basically. I'm still with her. I feel FANTASTIC except for the fact that she moved.... but we're gonna make it work. I only have eyes for now and the future. The past is in the past.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It taught me how much I wanted a man with substance; not money, but a person with interest in the world and the desire to be a better person. My first love taught me many a thing about longer term relationships, but I never felt like I grew as an individual with him. He was just so dry and boring (to this day I have no idea what type he was, I can gather IxxP at best). I loved him a lot initially, but once we got through that honeymoon phase I realized that I had no potential with him. I broke up with him after realizing I wanted more from others instead of him.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
She was nice, but way too introverted.
I think I scared her a bit... I'm ridiculously extroverted, and she just didn't like to reveal much about herself.
3 years later, I still liked her.. We were friends, but only slightly.
She was from a great family that I still respect I huge amount.
She had a nice smile.
We had a lot in common.. Music, movies, beliefs, etc.
But she was not the right one for me, and she knew it.
I'm glad that I know it now.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
It definitely taught me that I need an extroverted feeler, and likely an Intuitive.
The only possibility for a sensor, is if it's a really smart ESFP (they exist, right?).. And that would be because I'm a musician and actor, so I'm bound to meet quite a few.. But in all likelyhood, I'll find an ENFP.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
Ohh gaaawwdd she was a loud intj. Her and I were crazy attracted to each other for three years before I said something hahaha.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
The first time I was in love, it was the most amazing feeling ever. I had pretty much resigned myself to never meeting anyone (since it takes years in the friend zone to even have a chance), and then out of the blue, he kissed me. I was in a happy haze for some time, but eventually I realized he was nothing like the person he was pretending to be. He fell off the pedestal I created for him and eventually the whole facade just crumbled away. He was insecure, manipulative, and mildly sociopathic - I was fortunate enough to get away from that whole mess. I did learn that no matter how awesome someone is as a friend, that doesn't always represent who they are as a love interest, so that's pretty valuable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts