Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your first transcendental experience that you remember?

I was in the second grade and I remember standing in front of the fence and staring at it. I could not believe it but my eyes were spontaneously going in and out of focus so that the chain links of the fence were forming alternate 3D realms in my mind as different parts of the fence merged with different other parts of the fence in my bifocal vision. Man, it was such a trippy experience and I enjoyed every moment of it! Needless to say, it was recess and some other bloke was curious about why I was staring at the fence and woke me from my reverie. Well, at least I didn't have to play dodgeball. :frustrating:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think I MIGHT have had some 'mystic' like experiences as a young child, but they seem like fantasy now,
so I'm not sure what they were.

However, in my thirties, after developing a strong interest in all things spiritual and paranormal, I had the
otherworldly experience of hearing sounds during meditation that can only be described as mystical and
enchanting.

After several months of intense spiritual practice, I began having auditory experiences. Sounds like a psychotic
episode and I did think that I was hallucinating in the beginning. However, after a year or so of this, I'm convinced
that I was tapping into some other realm. The sounds were of the flute, drums, waterfulls, buzzing bees, rushing
wind and more.

I had since found out from esoteric teachings that these are the higher planes vibrating a certain rate. Sounds crazy,
but any one can have this experience with the right techniques.

The other transcendant experience was falling in love for the first time! Or is that a descendant experience?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
In kindergarten, we all gathered around and sang some kind of Thanksgiving song. I don't know what it was, but it was beautiful, and I felt something huge just being in a circle of other people singing the same song. I mean, we did that kind of stuff in preschool but it was always for a performance or a learning activity.. either way, it always felt forced, odd to me. In this instance though, we were just in our classroom standing next to each other. It was so lovely.

I also did a lot of ... questioning before bed when I was a kid. I could NEVER sleep. So I developed a routine. I would ask things like "I'm me? Who am I? How am I me? How is this personality in this body? How is it not in another body? How am I feeling my eyelashes against the pillow? Why is it me, in my body, and not somebody else? How!? Why!?" in rapid succession. It'd always end with a lot of "I'm me"s. Like, really quick I'd ask all these things, just dig really deep. It sounds pseudo-deep but it really freaked me out sometimes because I'd feel like I was just floating in space and disconnected from myself... but I'd also powerful and individual and connected. Disconnected and connected. Hard to explain, but that's how it went. I should try that again tonight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies. Yes, I get you both completely. I woke up in a deep meditative trance state and I just want my spirit to be like free and beautiful and not conditioned into doing one thing or another. :rolleyes: I think like you said @cosmia I just want to share this spirit trance state with other human beings. :tongue:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Belovodia Yes I know the feeling of hearing divine sounds. I once remember I was hearing a song playing and I was sure it was not in my head and it also was not coming from the outside world. So I think there was something mystical about it. I wish I was more in touch with my spirit self but it comes out more in my dreams. :happy:

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
The first time I experienced something transcendental was six years ago. I had been going to the movies and out for coffee with a guy friend, and one night after the movie we were sitting in his car joking around. I pretended to choke him over something he had said, and he ended up grabbing my hand at one point. When he touched my hand, I immediately felt this otherworldly connection to his soul, and I could see that his hand, arm, and all of his skin was glowing a white light, and somehow I just knew that I loved him. I never mentioned what I had seen to him. I also began seeing his face beam with white light whenever he smiled at me. I fell deeply in love with him, but we were just friends, and although he made his feelings apparent to me on many occasions, nothing ever came of us...

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Just smelling the flora after a storm is transcendental enough. I've had many others, but sometimes it's the most simplest things that are only for moments that have the most lasting impressions. I'll just stare at the beauty of nature and I'm instantly uplifted with this soul piercing energy that is almost orgasmic for lack of a better word. A rapture of sorts. But like all things they disappear after awhile. Such good energy can't last forever. Perhaps it's a taste of the world beyond if there is one.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
EDIT: i'm an idiot.

first transcendental experience were when I was a child. the world I were living in, and still am, just seemed to have... happened before. not in the reincarnation or karma sense, but just a repeat of something that has just 'been' and continue to 'be'. much in the way the dark tower series ended. besides this, i've been troubled with either memories or fabrications in part of my imagination. certain snippets of my past seem almost too surreal to have existed, yet i feel foolish to even question their authenticity. i wonder, am i the only one who has this problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Candid Apple No, not at all.:happy: I completely relate. I think i am also just disconnected from people around me and I think I feel more connected with animals too. ^_^ Like just now I was trying to go to bed and it was that realm between sleep and wakefulness where I was aware of my dream thoughts and felt back at peace with myself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
@Candid Apple No, not at all.:happy: I completely understand. I think i am also just disconnected from people around me and I think I feel more connected with animals too. ^_^ Like just now, I was trying to go to bed and it was that realm between sleep and wakefulness where I was aware of my dream thoughts and felt good.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm still waiting for my first one!

However, sometimes as I'm descending into sleep I do have an 'inner body' experience where I feel very large (almost as if I'm part of the room itself) and very small at the same time (it usually feels as if I only inhabit the space just where my molars touch).

This usually only happens about twice a year and isn't an unpleasant experience. My sister has also said she gets it sometimes, and I recall reading about the sculptor Anthony Gormley and how some of his early work was based on a similar feeling.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm still waiting for my first one!

However, sometimes as I'm descending into sleep I do have an 'inner body' experience where I feel very large (almost as if I'm part of the room itself) and very small at the same time (it usually feels as if I only inhabit the space just where my molars touch).

This usually only happens about twice a year and isn't an unpleasant experience. My sister has also said she gets it sometimes, and I recall reading about the sculptor Anthony Gormley and how some of his early work was based on a similar feeling.

Anyone else?
This happened to me frequently as a child - I've since come to understand that it's the etheric body that gives us
this feeling.
Don't ask me to explain the etheric body! I think it's supposed to be the subtle light body closest to the physical.
Esoteric literature should explain it in depth.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thanks @Belovodia, I'll do some digging.

My take on it was that various parts of my concious mind were shutting down (while others remained fully functional) leading to a distorted perception of where my 'self' began and ended

·
Registered
118 Posts
On the first night I moved into my dead great grandparents home. I dreamt(maybe) I saw a my great grandfather standing at the end of the hall. I literally felt like life it self was being choked out of me. I could not move, my heart was pounding,yet I was terrified and enticed by the unexplainable.
It sounds like a ghost story, I don't believe in ghost or the unsolved mysteries of the universe. But the feeling of being awaking from slumber and every muscle in my body was stiff, its pretty bizarre.
:bored:sorry if my grammar is strange, I'm working on no sleep

1 - 14 of 14 Posts