Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've looked around, and there doesn't seem to be a thread like this on the forum. So I figured I would try an experiment: What types do INTPs tend to befriend?

Here are the types (as I see them) of my closer friends:

INTP
INFJ (best friend)
ESFP
ISFJ
ESTP
ENTP

Anyone else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
ISTP- best friend
ESFP- pretty close
ISTJ
ENFJ

Not really close with to many people and where I live there's not many NT's , and I have never met a fellow INTP in real life but I think I would get along with them.

·
Registered
793 Posts
INTP
INFJ(best friend too)
INTJ
ENTP
ESTJ

This is the acquintance sector
ENFP
ENFJ
INFP x 2

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think one of my friends is also an ENFJ. However, my best friend is an INFP. I am not too close with people nowadays though.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
From what I can tell of my friends' friends:

HUMAN: INTP 9w1
ISTJ
ExFx
ENTJ (me :))

HUMAN: INTP 6w5
INTJ
INTJ
ENTJ (ME AGAIN)

HUMAN: INTP 4w5
xNTP
INTP
ISTJ
INTJ
ENTJ

INTP 8
INFJ
INTJ
ESTJ
ENTJ

Reactions: freud

·
Registered
639 Posts
thread like this on the forum
There have been lots, I guess.
But...
INTJ - school colleague since 4th grade.
INFJ - school colleague since 7th grande, me, him and the INTJ above are a trio.
INTP (probably INFJ) - too much Ni to be an INTP, yet he classify himself as INTP. He has a way too strong attachment to closure in a relationship, so I take it he has some auxiliary Fe of some sort.
INTP (prrobably INTJ) - Unusual Ni/Te, yet classify himself as INTP too.
ISTP - We never really talked in-depth about or friendship, but we do seem close-like. I feel like I want to understand him more, but it seems there's no such a thing to look for, him being an ISTP. He has really strong Ti and know how to keep his cool, that's the only thing I need to admire him. Yet we do share a lot of traits. Also, we waste our time on Skype playing games and shit, so yeah, I think we're some kind of best friends.

·
Registered
ENFP 6w7 694 I guess
1,540 Posts
My guesses for some of my school/college friends' types:
ISTP- good friend in high school who was kind of like my brother.
ESFP- best friend in high school.
ENFJ- really good friend who was one of the nicest people I've ever known.
ESTJ- friend I had in elementary school and again in high school.
INTJ- best friend in college.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Only counting my closer friends for obvious reason. Also I don't have a best friend because I don't do favorites. My friends all piss me off in some way or another so it's hard to pick a best.

ISTJ/INTJ - Male
IFNP - Male
ENTP - Male
ENTJ - Male
ESTP/ENFP - Male
INTP - Female
INFJ - Female

·
Registered
691 Posts
ENTP
ENFJ
ENFP
another friend is some kind of Fe user probs... I can't figure out her type.
ISFJ.

ENTP and ENFJ have great humor. They're just gr8.

·
Registered
691 Posts
(edit: ew. double post.)

Reactions: maust

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welp, seems like we have all the types accounted for. Just goes to show that anyone can be friends, and this mbti stuff is by no means definitive. However, there were a lot more N's than S's, and significantly more T's than F's, as I expected.

Now that I think about it I probably should have made a poll. Whoops.

Also,

From what I can tell of my friends' friends:
Spoken like a true extrovert :tongue:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The three I'd prob consider my closest/most stable and longrunning friends are one ENTJ and two INFPs.
It's not so much having things in common or similar interests(we really have very few), but they all tolerate me and my... me-ness... extremely well. Not suffocating, not complaining or taking it too personally when I need to disappear for a while and not talk to them for a few hours/days/weeks. They support my rapidly changing interests and smile n nod when I go into passionate info dumping sessions.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My closest friends are:
INFJ
ENFP
ESFJ
ESTP
INTP

I wish I had friends who would listen to my "passionate info dumping sessions". They just start replying before I've finnished. Except for the INTP. He would probably listen, but I don't see him often enough to feel comfortable dumping. :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
My closest friends are:
INFJ
ENFP
ESFJ
ESTP
INTP

I wish I had friends who would listen to my "passionate info dumping sessions". They just start replying before I've finnished. Except for the INTP. He would probably listen, but I don't see him often enough to feel comfortable dumping. :(

·
Registered
530 Posts
My closest friends that are females: INFJ, ISTP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ISFP, INTJ.
Closest friends that are males: INFP, ESTP, INTP, ENTJ, ISTJ. One of which I have a small, peculiar crush on...erhm.
I have know all of these people for at least 3 years, and have seen me and my good and bad moments XD Except the ISTJ. I don't know how he'd react o_O But all the rest somehow love and care for me despite it all :D

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
So many people have betrayed me, I don't really consider anyone to be my friend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ISFJ - Best female friend, also dated one but it failed
ESTP - Close female friend
ESFP - Female
ENFP - Male
INTP - Close female cousin

Failed friendship with a male ESTJ, I struggle to get along with this type. My mom is also this type.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
Mostly ENFPs and INTPs. Probably ENTPs-I only know one IRL but he's damn great. My best friend is ENTJ. I get along well with NPs, generally. My favourite peep may feel special, normally I have a hard time befriending Judgers.

Anti-friends: ESFJs. I have not a single good experience with those.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts