Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know, Pottermore opened today!
If you're like me and you're a Harry Potter fan (or like the movies), you can head on over to pottermore.com. Once there, you can sign up and get the party started.

After being sorted into a house, which one did you end up in?
I'm a Ravenclaw!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Somehow a Slytherin which I have no idea how that happened, as on every MBTI-based test I've took, I've *always* got either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff with Slytherin coming in the least out of the four.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The test on pottermore sadly isn't totally accurate. If there's too many students being placed in one house, the test will skew your results to prevent you from entering the house that was too full or to force you to enter the unpopulated house to even out the numbers.

Regardless, I got Gryffindor.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got Slytherin on my pottermore account and usually score Ravenclaw with Slytherin second on weighted tests.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Gryffindor! And here I was thinking I would get into Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff...

Reactions: Lady Nurture

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not entirely true about this rigging business. I know someone who has been keeping the data on Pottermore sortings and almost always the sortings makes sense and certain answers consistently go with certain houses. I've had all my answers analysed and I know what houses they go with and based off that my sortings make sense.

People should not think the quizzes are rigged, there's no reason to believe so if you look at the facts, and I have.

Anyway, Pottemore Gryffindor. I did the sorting multiple times(deleting the extra accounts) because I didn't feel doing it once was enough as you can take it multiple times and get a different house, as I was in the Beta group back in the Summer/early Fall and was a Slytherin. On the second time around I mostly got Gryffindor with a couple Ravenclaw sortings as well(I tend to go for the designated Gryffindor and Ravenclaw answers most of the time, but Gryffindor seems to win out, so Gryffindor it is.)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ravenclaw. :) That's the only house I'd ever want to be part of and I only answered the questions as honestly as possible.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Slytherin, and my wand comes close to Bellatrix', except for the wood I think:

Length: 12 3/4 in
Wood: Black Walnut
Core: Dragon
Flexibility: Hard

Less common than the standard walnut wand, that of black walnut seeks a master of good instincts and powerful insight. Black walnut is a very handsome wood, but not the easiest to master. It has one pronounced quirk, which is that it is abnormally attuned to inner conflict, and loses power dramatically if its possessor practises any form of self-deception.
If the witch or wizard is unable or unwilling to be honest with themselves or others, the wand often fails to perform adequately and must be matched with a new owner if it is to regain its former prowess. Paired with a sincere, self-aware owner, however, it becomes one of the most loyal and impressive wands of all, with a particular flair in all kinds of charmwork.
Pretty neat ^^ My wand's cool only if I'm cool. xD

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ravenclaw. I expected either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, so I'm not surprised.

I thought the wand I ended up getting was pretty cool.
Laurel and pheonix feather, 14 1/2", hard. :)

·
Banned
748 Posts
Hufflepuff, weirdly. I always thought I was torn between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, like Hermione and Luna. But I was in the beta group and when I took the test, Hufflepuff had less members than the rest of them, so it could be entirely incidental.

Anyway. It makes some sense. But not much.

"Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil" -- I'm mostly true but definitely afraid of toil.

---

Wand: 14½", ebony, unicorn core, slightly springy.

This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.
Bless, it's a type 4 wand!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hufflepuff, weirdly. I always thought I was torn between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, like Hermione and Luna.
I definitely not get a Hufflepuff vibe from you in general. D:

Reactions: Adriana

·
Banned
748 Posts
I definitely not get a Hufflepuff vibe from you in general. D:
That's a relief. When I took the Pottermore test and the result showed up my first thought was that there was something horridly wrong and they showed me someone elses result due to a bug (I was in the beta group after all). Then I just clicked 'previous' like a madmen. I don't think I'd ever have allowed the real sorting hat to put me in Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Ravenclaw, and I am quite happy with my result. It fits me perfectly. Ravenclaw also has the best colors.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm doing the wand quiz as I post this...

• You are Average height
  • You have Blue / Green eyes
  • The day you were born was An even number
  • You most pride yourself on Imagination
  • At a deserted crossroads you would Continue ahead towards the forest
  • You most fear Fire
  • In a chest of magical artefacts you would choose The bound-up scroll
Now, what wand did I get..
ALDER WITH UNICORN CORE, TEN AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, SURPRISINGLY SWISHY

If you want that wand, use my answers lol...
I'll tell you what House I get shortly, back to Pottermore haha :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts