Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFP men & women, how would you describe your absolute ideal partner? Describe him/her in as little or many details you'd like.

Don't hold back! Be as honest and "unrealistic" as possible, I'm really interested.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Sense of humor
Adventurous
Rebellious, just a bit
Free spirited
Calm, mellow
Authentic, an individualist
Nice eyes
Good kisser
Comfortable with his/her sexuality

Based on type I'd love an ENTP or INTP relationship, they're so intriguing to me, though, we may not have the best compatibility :)

·
MOTM January 2013
10,593 Posts
Someone who is open minded in discussion, brings new perspectives to the table, who isn't super-imposing, someone who knows a little about most things.
Someone that loves animals as much as I do.
Someone respectful and considerate, who accepts me as I am but doesn't give themselves up.
Maturity but knows how to have a laugh.
One with no history of serious mistreatment towards previous partners.
They should be supportive if we intend to be together for a long time, so I feel I can be as honest as I can.
A similar energy to mine. Not pushy if I am not in the mood to do something.
A good, honest person with integrity.
Respectful of a certain amount of independence and encouraging of it. I've been in a couple of clingy relationships where all they want to do is be with you and be physically near you all the time. Im only human and I work better in a relationship when it's allowed to breath.
Similar and differing interests.
And someone who puts as much effort in as I.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Someone I think is handsome. It's not possible to describe the physicalities you're attracted to with language because language is very limited. You just kind of see it and know. I will say...I really like a man with either grey eyes or brown eyes and a killer smile. :th_love: Good shoulders and masculine hands also pull me in.

Someone with similar values. Does not overspend, wants to live a simple life, responsible in his career and passionate about his hobbies. Interested in security.

Can talk maturely and calmly about things. Good communicator. Wants my opinion in large life decision.

Knows how to relax and be present. Not antsy.

Doesn't watch a lot of television, movies, or play video games.

Does not have an addictive or compulsive personality. Values driven.

Experimental sexually. Doesn't have some weird whore/Mary complex where I become his mother just because he loves me.

Let's me spoil him with food, hugs and massages.

Is committed to self-improvement and supportive of my self-improvement goals.

Most ideal: We get busy a lot but I don't mind because he tells be he loves me a lot. :tongue:

Likes to dress up sometimes and go out.

·
Registered
362 Posts
One that:

Knows good music, likes music/camping fests

Can smoke a joint and not make it a huge part of their lifestyle/getting couch crashed

Can stay home and just have a peaceful quiet night as well

Plays video games

Sense of humor-dry is best imo

Lives with a true sense values without being dogmatic/religious

Not materialistic

Easy to live with-laid back hates drama

Loves good food

Has a thoughtful deep side

A good communicator/doesn't play petty head games

***I realize these are things I most value in myself-It pretty hard to find a man that does too though...doesn't have to be LIKE me-that's completely different-these things I named are traits-not about personality..they, of course have their own...

That's another thing I'd appreciate-Being their own person/not dependent

·
Administrator
XNFP
13,221 Posts
I find it difficult, but I'll try and of course none of this is set in stone.

Someone who I can enjoy an afternoon with, trusting that they will get my jokes or at least not be offended by them (or most of them), who I can just enjoy silence or conversation with, who also wants to appreciate life and be kind.

Someone who understands me at a deeper level than most, and who I connect with easily.

Someone who would not hurt me on purpose. Ever. (Unless it actually was for medical reasons or something--like setting a broken arm). Or if they did, feel immediate regret and remorse and make true amends.

Someone who needs me, and who's life I can be a benefit to--lend myself to making more pleasant for them.

Someone who can share information with me--deeper truths.

Someone who feels comfortable expressing their boundaries to me, and mine to them--and respecting and understanding of the nature of them. I would eventually prefer to have asserting them framed in a humorous way, because it would be expected/common knowledge that boundaries are welcome though we all make mistakes.

Someone who is willing to try new things with me, and who is capable of growing as a person in the directions he wants to grow, and being respectful of the direction I want to grow, while still maintaining an intimate relationship. Accepting of change, I suppose.

I want to be with someone who's like a traveling partner who I really trust, and who loves me, and who I love. And who can accept my contradictions and change, and wants to explore life as a team. I guess.

I want someone to see the Riviera with, and slow dance underneath the stars. Just kidding--that's just a romantic song lyric...I don't really know anything about the Riviera or whether or not I want to go there.

I would like to learn how to enjoy life more right now, and would love to travel. So I suppose someone who also enjoys that to a degree.

Meh--mostly I just need to work on myself and how to be a healthy, responsible person who can pay attention to their own boundaries, feelings, and needs and feel more satisfied with what they contribute.

This is probably really long-winded since I haven't drank any tea yet.

I moreso think of images when I think of what I would want. I ripped a picture out from a magazine because I felt it captured a little bit of what I felt. It is of a man and woman on a balcony or terrace. There are flowers and it is beautiful. The woman is sort of gazing out...she could be looking over the terrace. The man is drinking coffee and reading a book, but facing her. They seem happy...maybe they could either stay in or go out exploring, talk or enjoy each other's comfortable silence, focus on each other or on the world or themselves.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Husband and I will be together 23 years this July, married 21 of those years. He's *ideal* for me, I really lucked out.

The only thing I can think of, to answer your question with, is:

1. The ideal mate must not talk a lot.

That's great...don't take it for granted, because it really something special to have :wink:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I must have deep conversations where I lose track of time with them.

They would be either cute or moderately attractive to gorgeous.

Must have chemistry.

Not into the "best friend" as romance thing. I have platonic relationships with girls that are like my best friends.

I guess once you go "kindred spirits" you don't go back.

·
Registered
243 Posts
A will to overcome adversities, because the relationship is going to be rocky at some point and I'm not looking for someone who is going to bail on me. Growth is very important imo.

Then there's the "list" that a person I date may or may not have to fulfil i.e. Intellectual curiosity, intelligence (I find intelligent men irresistible), loyalty and commitment, individuality, common sense of humour, integrity and I need to be given a reasonable amount of freedom.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Someone I can have very engaging conversations with..someone who believes in peace (or at least strives to be a bringer of peace themselves.) They have to be polite - not chivalrous because chivalry gets on my nerves, but not JADED in the sense that they think they should be mean to me to protect themselves. Kind of ties along with the whole being a "bringer of peace" thing. I'd prefer for them to be very, very open minded to the many possibilities I think of..I won't put up with anyone calling me stupid or other things of that nature. And I'd like them for them to have a big sense of humor but that's not absolutely necessary, I guess. I'd prefer them to be interested in the same music as well as animation but, again..not a necessity. As long as we both care about the bigger things, it's all good.

On the topic of sex and anything physical in general, I'd really want them not to rush me because I do take my sweet time getting to the point where I want to do that stuff with anyone.

Norman Bates from 'Bates Motel' comes pretty close. I think he's adorable, though a bit too J-ish with much too little Fi for me, perhaps. At the same time I crave the sensitivity towards others' feelings as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts