Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What interests in life do you have that may appear odd to others?

Some of mine are:

- I just love to be creative when I over analyze.
- I tend to find connections without caring whether they are considered concrete in their relevance or not. For instance, I attempt to find connections between some of others' experiences and mine, even if they appear different in nature. And then I try to make them fit in an intuitive, insightful vision personal to myself.
- I tend to exaggerate to myself about how certain song lyrics and music represent my life, but they feel 'right' anyway.
- I sometimes tend to over emphasize on independent individual growth that has no restrictions in the world of imagination.

Haha I think a lot :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Sometimes I worry that people won't get what I'm saying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm very interested in Jewish customs and culture, which is odd for someone like me who was raised strictly Catholic.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I think that I have many interests that may seem odd or atleast nerdy to people. I'm interested in many different subjects that I've heard other people call boring, I 'collect' pretty much everything under the sun, I enjoy free-writing/brainstorming my thoughts and ideas, I like fantasy and sci fi, I'm interested in the paranormal, and I like world music as well as many styles of music that may not be commonly listened to.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I often walk to and from work, which are several miles apart by choice. This isn't just a chance to introspect but a chance to find some peace and quiet from the world as my route takes me through numerous woodland areas. People at work find this very weird, as my route takes me along a major road really only used by cars, they nickname me Forrest Gump :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I often walk to and from work, which are several miles apart by choice. This isn't just a chance to introspect but a chance to find some peace and quiet from the world as my route takes me through numerous woodland areas. People at work find this very weird, as my route takes me along a major road really only used by cars, they nickname me Forrest Gump :)
I have similar but it's about me riding my bike. I did it in college and I still have people commenting on me riding my bike to class. And, in college I don't think it was that unusual. Although lots of people love animals and nature, my love of animals and nature seems weird to a lot of the people I hang around because it's pretty intense.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I am fascinated with serial killers/cannibals/sex crimes.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I like merry- go-rounds. I am 20 years old and I love to spin on them...when no one's around of course.
I don't like ham but I love ham fried rice from this one restaurant.
I have a specific route I take when joy riding.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I am fascinated by love and learning every aspect of the subject. There are so many different kinds of love and each individual love is so unique. I am also fascinated by how others show and feel love. And why some people don't ever show any type of love no matter what.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I like learning everything I can about other people. Not in a stalker kind of way I might add .____.

I want to know what makes them tick, what sets them off, this that and the third, so I know what to avoid and how to help them.

^That sounds super INFP-ish aglhagjagljahha

Oh yeah, I also love learning why people refuse to display certain emotions when you can tell that they feel it deep down, something like Blue Butterfly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm OBSESSED with medieval and tudor history. I could talk for hours about the reformation. I'm also glued to period dramas. My sky plus planner is overflowing with episodes of Upstairs Downstairs.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm OBSESSED with medieval and tudor history. I could talk for hours about the reformation. I'm also glued to period dramas. My sky plus planner is overflowing with episodes of Upstairs Downstairs.
Oh I actually feel a little envy. What you do might be more productive than the instances of complex self analyzation and also obsessive online stalking I had fallen into :crazy:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like photography, but love to use 40+ year old lenses on my dslr.

I lose auto focus, it messes up the metering, it's almost impossible to shoot anything but static objects, if I go out for a day about 80% of my pics turn out bad because I won't use a tripod on top of all that. But I keep doing it. The few other photographers I know think I'm nuts. I seem to take the route of most masochism with a lot of things.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Aside from a bunch of typical INFP-y things (i.e. acting out the books I read, having philosophical arguments with myself, trying to communicate with animals on their level), I'm fascinated by quantum and theoretical physics! It almost feels that when you're looking at the essentials of the universe, you're looking for the ultimate truths...and I have a very strong Te.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
What interests in life do you have that may appear odd to others?

Some of mine are:

- I just love to be creative when I over analyze.
- I tend to find connections without caring whether they are considered concrete in their relevance or not. For instance, I attempt to find connections between some of others' experiences and mine, even if they appear different in nature. And then I try to make them fit in an intuitive, insightful vision personal to myself.
- I tend to exaggerate to myself about how certain song lyrics and music represent my life, but they feel 'right' anyway.
- I sometimes tend to over emphasize on independent individual growth that has no restrictions in the world of imagination.

Haha I think a lot :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Sometimes I worry that people won't get what I'm saying.
I can relate....because what is "strange" about me is not necessarily WHAT I am interested in, but HOW & WHY I am interested in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am interested in sad things :X
I'm glad I'm not alone... I have always gravitated towards sad things much more than "happy" things.
It's almost like sad things make me happy! Odd...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've lived in Europe and I have this flaming bias for all things European. This is rare and strange in these parts (Phoenix, AZ) and it weirds people out, particularly my extended family. (Along with the fact that I'm quadlingual... people here are at most bilingual.)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I love math, logic and other close branches of knowledge. It's common for me to be told that "two and two don't always make four." (also common: being told I'm a genius and that I'm arrogant/overconfident)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Damn, so many of you INFP's are effing sexy.
I know I am. I have Ultraviolet hair. It's friggin' hawt. Legit approved by males and females of multiple races and nationalities. Kablam.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts