Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
itry to be laid back and to an extent minimilaistic.i try not to take thnigs to seriously and jsut enjoy the little things in life, not be overly social, hang out with friends 35% of my free time. i do my best not to take much from the earth, i don't ever want to drive and i walk everywhere i go

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I feel like I'm walking into a trap set by Fred Phelps or somebody...

Ah, screw it, do your worst.

I try to focus on my academic life, and allow myself ample time to rest/relax these days. I'm openly queer in more than one dimension. I'm a happy atheist, feminist, and vegetarian. I speak out for my values, and I especially speak up when I am representing a reluctant or suppressed voice. I do not care about the consequences of any stand I take; if I do it, I've already decided it's worth any consequences. I rarely buy new things except for school stuff. I socialize only when I have a reason to do so, and sometimes that reason is just that it is good for me to force myself to do it.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
To be honest, my lifestyle is religious but I'm also moderate. I don't go to too extreme in certain things.

I allow myself freedom to find myself, to understand others and at the same time try my best in doing what's right.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just go with the flow... I'm very free spirited and hope to find a way to make enough money to have just enough to have a decent home and enough food, and then just live my days like each day was my last doing whatever makes me happy. I still regard education as important, it just ain't at the top of my list.

·
Registered
444 Posts
laid back, I let life run its course with an occasional nudge in a direction I want to go. Ideally fun and humor oriented, definitely look at the brighter side of things - but school and work dominated. I am very environmentally aware and try to do my part in making it a better place. I recycle everything that can be recycled. I love to spend time outside in nature - though it is difficult to do when not only is work (outdoor industry!) and school dominate but when dealing with very serious injuries. Most of my spare time these days is spent alone rejuvenating, but during times with more free time available a very high portion is spent being social - 35-50% I'd guess.My views are simple. I don't care about money and try to keep life simple, however I do enjoy my fair share of toys heh.

Sum it up, i easily can fit the stereotype of: outdoor enthusiast:cool:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Lifestyle: Lazy, lazy, and more lazy. Like some of the others here, I'm pretty laid back, although I have no problems making changing a few things around if necessary. I guess one could say that I try to live life with as minimal stress as possible--but of course, there's over 5324069826 different things that interferes D:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I study all the time, and go to work, and college. I'm over halfway through this quarter, and I'm taking several fun classes. I'm trying to earn my degree to become a doctor in the army. I stress all the time about what I'm going to get done next. I need to get everything done, or I will go crazy. There's too much to do.

I love to study many books, I find all of my books are fun, especially the pathology books, and the one on Neuroscience. I'm making good grades in school, I am also meeting with some really neat people in a couple of weeks, and I'm flying to New Jersey to do work and hopefully also visit some of my ancestors graves.

I hate it when people invade my boundaries.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
dream
scramble to find the button on my phone to shut off the alarm
drag self out of bed
move body, requiring thinking "left, right, left" reminders to walk
get dressed disregarding temperature and precipitation conditions
sometimes eat something
get on the bus
go to school and sleep while awake for 6 hours
sometimes hang out with people
sometimes go to work
get on the bus
get on the train
get on another bus
walk home
eat either cereal, an omelette, a tv dinner or ichiban (these foods remain constant...)
waste time on personalitycafe
ignore homework
watch the "world's greatest head massage" video on youtube in order to get to sleep
sleep
and the beat goes on...

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I take it one day at a time. I'm gonna be going back to school, so I'd imagine I'll be in school for a few hours and then just come home. Maybe I'll go out 4-5 times a month with friends. :) Laid-back and chillaxin is good for the body.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
What lifestyle do you choose to live and why?
I live an emotional, spontaneously independent lifestyle separate from the mainstream. I live with my father, but he's not here most of the time so I choose to do what I will, which is going out with friends, developing, college, work, gym or hobbies. I chose to prepare for what I want to be able to do, because I won't be able to walk into a place and just say "Hey, I'd like to apply for a job here." Half way across the globe one day. No. I want to know that I have a real shot at doing what I want to do, heighten my chances by preparing for opportunities that will mostly always be there because of the mediocrity of my generation.

In addition, I set my sights to the future because the place I live is zoned like a corporate box, like someone is keeping a close eye on everything that goes on in this area. Two educational institutions, three major areas, back roads, and living zones. It's like it's straight out of SimCity developing all around here. I'd like to prepare so I'm strong enough to stay out of trouble, help others out, and leave this place one day, which I plan to. I'm in a box, thinking outside the box for crying out loud.

Reactions: Luke and NinjaSwan

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I used to be a fringe dwelling, vegetarian, non conforming, unemployed, "crazy", misfit

But now I am a:

vegetarian, non conforming, unemployed, misfit, uni student, who's still somewhat crazy. Things are looking up :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm someone who stacks their life full - though I wish I wasn't! There is waaaaay too much out there that I want to do and I have trouble saying no to opportunities.

I like to do different things, so I work fulltime across 2 day jobs in the community sector. I do casual contracts (when they're offered to me) at night & on weekends for the work that I really love. I do occasional gigs on the side. I belong to a community garden - though my membership suffers severely when I'm working extra contracts.

I'm also vegetarian and I meditate a little every day. We recently had our suburban house renovated in as sustainable way as possible (solar cells, rain water tanks, low VOC paint etc), so I guess I'm a greenie at heart. I spend the 15 minute train ride to work writing - impressions, imagery, story snippets. I wish the train ride was longer! I JUST finished all contracts for the year and am looking forward to having evenings at home to rediscover writing.

I'm also thinking about a five year plan. I don't want to work in 9 to 5 day jobs to earn money to live beyond 5 more years. We have a beautifully renovated house which I never get to spend time in. I want to get to the point where I can work from home for at least 3 days a week. Doing what? Not entirely sure yet.

·
Registered
15,640 Posts
What lifestyle do you choose to live and why?
Quiet, not complicated/simple, happy, content, not-much-arguing lifestyle. Why? Because it feels best to me. It matches with my insides (my inner *stuff*). There isn't a lot of multi-tasking or stress in my life.

·
Registered
162 Posts
:) That is awesome. You are a perfect soul.

I'm someone who stacks their life full - though I wish I wasn't! There is waaaaay too much out there that I want to do and I have trouble saying no to opportunities.

I like to do different things, so I work fulltime across 2 day jobs in the community sector. I do casual contracts (when they're offered to me) at night & on weekends for the work that I really love. I do occasional gigs on the side. I belong to a community garden - though my membership suffers severely when I'm working extra contracts.

I'm also vegetarian and I meditate a little every day. We recently had our suburban house renovated in as sustainable way as possible (solar cells, rain water tanks, low VOC paint etc), so I guess I'm a greenie at heart. I spend the 15 minute train ride to work writing - impressions, imagery, story snippets. I wish the train ride was longer! I JUST finished all contracts for the year and am looking forward to having evenings at home to rediscover writing.

I'm also thinking about a five year plan. I don't want to work in 9 to 5 day jobs to earn money to live beyond 5 more years. We have a beautifully renovated house which I never get to spend time in. I want to get to the point where I can work from home for at least 3 days a week. Doing what? Not entirely sure yet.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I'm a dreamer, bookish, a bit artsy, somewhat reclusive, spiritual and religious, not frugal, but not extravagant. I appreciate beauty, but see things as replaceable; my apartment is simple but aesthetically expressive. I see it as a physical manifestation of my whole life: I'm drama free, clutter free, & prefer quality over quantity in most things (including relationships). This is partly because I create my own mess - books & stuff not put away, as I'm not done with it, just like my ideas. Everything else needs to be "clean" so as not to get in the way of my thoughts & basic interests.

My interests are art, design, music, fashion, religion, philosophy, psychology, literature, cooking....mostly the arts, basically. My vices are coffee & clothes (especially vintage), and I'm a slightly reformed makeup/product junkie (I consider these "art supplies" :tongue: ). I suppose a vice could be over-analyzing things also & being a bit detached from people at times. I have moments of being temperamental & difficult, but just with close family. Otherwise, I'm subtly moody at worst.

I like good food (fresh & healthy), but also different foods & rich/spicy foods; I like to try NEW things. I like when I can walk places, but right now I am in the country. I do love my car, but prefer to not be so reliant on it. I'm easy-going as far as not insisting on my way with people; we can see the movie you want, basically. Somewhere down the road, I will speak up if I feel people are taking advantage of that.

I spend most of my time thinking & reading about stuff that has nothing to do with the reality of my life. At any given moment, I am obsessed with some topic & understanding its nuances. Lately of course, that is typology. I have a NEED to understand what everything means & make decisions for myself as to what is good/important.

I'm a graphic designer, but I think I would have been better fit to some kind of research psychologist, librarian, even scientist. Commercial art can feel soul-sucking at times...I wish I had kept art a hobbie, just for me. At the moment, I am jobless & spend a lot of time volunteering with my church. I'm trying to avoid the rat race now & keep my life flexible. I feel sort of restless; I think travel would help, but I'm only sure that committing myself to too many things will box me in, which I don't want.

Oh, and I'm perpetually single, with only a few short periods where I dated anyone past 2 dates. I admit I have semi-high standards, rarely get infatuated, and my need for autonomy & space is threatened easily.

Reactions: Aero and refugee
1 - 20 of 34 Posts