Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm completely convinced that we see through people's mask because we have the strongest mask of them all. Sure we try to explain but still its only so far someone can go.

has anyone ever been able to get completely through it? to know everything about you.

Yes or No?

If so why.

Do you even think it's possible? Any theory is welcome.

After 5 years my INTJ is the closest to understanding me but even she say's there more to me and she can't figure it and I've tried to explain but I only seem to confuse her because I will leave person information out. so I guess I'm making my own poison.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I knew an INFJ who I thought was the most boring person ever, because of what you just mentioned: a mask. But instead of a different personality, it was bordom. She was an intensely boring person.

But then we went out for a drink, and suddenly she became an interesting person. So I'd say I've done it before.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew an INFJ who I thought was the most boring person ever, because of what you just mentioned: a mask. But instead of a different personality, it was bordom. She was an intensely boring person.

But then we went out for a drink, and suddenly she became an interesting person. So I'd say I've done it before.
Hmmm maybe. lol

·
Registered
964 Posts

Ok, truth time then, what DJ said is one of my biggest fears, i guess, that i'm actually the most boring person in the world. Best not say anything, and remain mysterious, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt.
Tis true that a drink or ten brings out the ESTP shadow, who is quite the charismatic charming spontaneous mentally quick and witty raconteur though.
thank the Lord for Vodka, I say.
To get to the OP's post, no Nikki, no one has yet got to the core of me, theres so much I keep to myself, for reasons unknown to even myself,..an INTJ freind of mine has come close to certain parts of me,.. but I dont think they could predict my behaviour on what they know. I always seem to zig when Im expected to zag.
G. x

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Ok, truth time then, what DJ said is one of my biggest fears, i guess, that i'm actually the most boring person in the world. Best not say anything, and remain mysterious, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt.
Tis true that a drink or ten brings out the ESTP shadow, who is quite the charismatic charming spontaneous mentally quick and witty raconteur though.
To get to the OP's post, no Nikki, no one has yet got to the core of me, theres so much I keep to myself, for reasons unknown to even myself,..an INTJ freind of mine has come close to certain parts of me,.. but I dont think they could predict my behaviour on what they know. I always seem to zig when Im expected to zag.
G. x
Oh, come on. You're not boring.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
LOL

Well, sit down by the camp fire, and I will tell you all about it.

Just kidding.

I guess I feel like I've covered this for the most part, but let's just say that I don't think of myself as being 100% introverted, and also I realize that I was SHY when I was younger.

As far as anyone can tell, I am an extrovert, and as far as I am concerned, that is at least partway true.

This is why I have been an Fe advocate. I'm pro-balance- not anti-introvert or anti-intutior, but pro-ambivert and pro-intuisensor---ok, I made that word up.

So many people are trying to develop Ti more, because they think Fe is the Devil, but I have embraced it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G. x
Okay, I'm glad you told me so you also had a INTJ friend get close like me..that's interesting. I did expect that zig. She understand what I say which I enjoy If that counts for anything.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL

Well, sit down by the camp fire, and I will tell you all about it.

Just kidding.

I guess I feel like I've covered this for the most part, but let's just say that I don't think of myself as being 100% introverted, and also I realize that I was SHY when I was younger.

As far as anyone can tell, I am an extrovert, and as far as I am concerned, that is at least partway true.

This is why I have been an Fe advocate. I'm pro-balance- not anti-introvert or anti-intutior, but pro-ambivert and pro-intuisensor---ok, I made that word up.

So many people are trying to develop Ti more, because they think Fe is the Devil, but I have embraced it.

I love making up words :p

Hmmm, okay I get what you mean because Fe is the expressed emotion.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Unfortuantley, though I also love to make-up words, I do make a lot of typos which might cheapen the effect, and I'm aware of that.

But, since I am trying to stop being a perfectionist, I have decided to let them go.

Also, just for kicks, I often use incorrect grammer. Man! I am becoming a wild one. :happy:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortuantley, though I also love to make-up words, I do make a lot of typos which might cheapen the effect, and I'm aware of that.

But, since I am trying to stop being a perfectionist, I have decided to let them go.

Also, just for kicks, I often use incorrect grammer. Man! I am becoming a wild one. :happy:
The wild child oh yeah :tongue:

·
Registered
303 Posts
To be honest (do we know any other way? why do I keep saying that?), I take off what I think is my mask - only to find out unbeknownst to me - there is another one! I'm like an onion. hahahahah jk, I'm not like Shrek. At least I hope I don't stink.

As I dig deeper to discover what is me & what is conditioned from DNA, culture, environment, I end up peeling off layers rather than the whole thing. I'm always surprised along with everyone else what's underneath. Then I work on getting comfortable with it, before working on the next level. Baby steps.

Has anyone else uncovered it? No, a work in process myself. But at this point I wouldn't mind it. I want to see what's there too, and it would be cool to get to share that experience with someone who cared enough about me as an individual to go on that discovery with me. Invisibility as a superhero power is seriously overrated. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be honest (do we know any other way? why do I keep saying that?), I take off what I think is my mask - only to find out unbeknownst to me - there is another one! I'm like an onion. hahahahah jk, I'm not like Shrek. At least I hope I don't stink.

As I dig deeper to discover what is me & what is conditioned from DNA, culture, environment, I end up peeling off layers rather than the whole thing. I'm always surprised along with everyone else what's underneath. Then I work on getting comfortable with it, before working on the next level. Baby steps.

Has anyone else uncovered it? No, a work in process myself. But at this point I wouldn't mind it. I want to see what's there too, and it would be cool to get to share that experience with someone who cared enough about me as an individual to go on that discovery with me. Invisibility as a superhero power is seriously overrated. :crazy:
When I heard that explanation from Shrek i remember thinking "i understand"
Your words are right. I'm not sure. Maybe that's the point.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I tend to understand others far better than I understand myself. This mask of mine is stuck to my face out of fear of the unknown--I don't know what's beneath it, and am afraid at the possible faces I could discover as my true self. As melodramatic as it may sound, it's quite terrifying.

However, I'm slowly trying to peel back the barrier and look at myself purely and as a whole. Bright Laughter nailed it--I tend to take the onion layer approach, pulling off bits and pieces at a time as to not overdose on the truth.

Who knows, maybe when I've removed a significant portion, I'll be pleased and excited as to what I find. But until I find out who I really am, no amount of prying and torture will get me to expose my vulnerable self to others; at least, not until I fully know. I think this is the reason why nobody gets me completely... I'm too afraid to display to others what I think they may or may not get or fully understand and ultimately look at me with disgust.

This may be why I don't really connect very much with others. In order for a connection to be made, both parties must expose who they really are, and accept the truth. I hold back on my part, severing any connection that may or may not have been created.

I've adopted the mindset: Prepare for the worst, hope for the best; this is just me acting upon that mindset. This method may be more difficult and frustrating at times, but it's the only way I feel safe and secure, and I'm all about security. Perhaps I just need to get out of my comfort zone, and speed up the process, forming deep and meaningful relationships now, rather than years and years down the road. Because regardless of what you find underneath, someone, somewhere out there isn't going to like it. Why put off what you can speed up now?

I piss myself off sometimes. :dry:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tend to understand others far better than I understand myself. This mask of mine is stuck to my face out of fear of the unknown--I don't know what's beneath it, and am afraid at the possible faces I could discover as my true self. As melodramatic as it may sound, it's quite terrifying.

However, I'm slowly trying to peel back the barrier and look at myself purely and as a whole. Bright Laughter nailed it--I tend to take the onion layer approach, pulling off bits and pieces at a time as to not overdose on the truth.

Who knows, maybe when I've removed a significant portion, I'll be pleased and excited as to what I find. But until I find out who I really am, no amount of prying and torture will get me to expose my vulnerable self to others; at least, not until I fully know. I think this is the reason why nobody gets me completely... I'm too afraid to display to others what I think they may or may not get or fully understand and ultimately look at me with disgust.

This may be why I don't really connect very much with others. In order for a connection to be made, both parties must expose who they really are, and accept the truth. I hold back on my part, severing any connection that may or may not have been created.

I've adopted the mindset: Prepare for the worst, hope for the best; this is just me acting upon that mindset. This method may be more difficult and frustrating at times, but it's the only way I feel safe and secure, and I'm all about security. Perhaps I just need to get out of my comfort zone, and speed up the process, forming deep and meaningful relationships now, rather than years and years down the road. Because regardless of what you find underneath, someone, somewhere out there isn't going to like it. Why put off what you can speed up now?

I piss myself off sometimes. :dry:
Your post is interesting to me how you really put it together.

Prepare for the worst, hope for best. <-- That's going to stick with me.

We live with ourselves everyday, we don't want to look at ourselves as unpleasing. We want to fix it. maybe that's the main problem why we can't get through who we really are. Sometimes I have a hard time going back to my past to unpleasing thoughts I had. improve improve improve improve improve. embracing the past is easier now though.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I always seem to zig when Im expected to zag.
G. x
Kind of like theparticle observed by the scientist. The basis of Hiesenburg's uncertainty principle which I understand to be by virtue of observation of the particle, the particle acts in an unexpected manner.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I always thought that the only person I could ever be with would be the person interested enough to see through the "boring" facade or facade anyway and see me. There is no intentionality in creating a facade however I am not boring or geeky - I am straight up in fact and maybe that is what people find boring. Perhaps that's what a mask looks like. If you want to hide something from someone put it right in front of them.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I always thought that the only person I could ever be with would be the person interested enough to see through the "boring" facade or facade anyway and see me. There is no intentionality in creating a facade however I am not boring or geeky - I am straight up in fact and maybe that is what people find boring. Perhaps that's what a mask looks like. If you want to hide something from someone put it right in front of them.
Great point.

·
Super Moderator
11,741 Posts
All my masks are me. Through my eyes, I see it this way: I'm a jack of all trades; a master at none. Yet, that is a master in and of it's self. Here lately, I've been very calm; I don't know why either...just am...must be a new mask!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts