Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of your functions is the most developed that isn't your Primary (Ti), Auxiliary (Ne) or Tertiary (Si) and why?

Being around a lot of J types has helped me develop my Introverted Intuition (Ni) pretty heavily.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Same, I have managed to develop a very high Ni. It's my third highest developed behind Ti and Ne. I think my development of a high Ni came from a natural inquiry in my interests in science.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Erm...I'll be honest, Fi.
My older sister's an INTJ, I've made friends with quite a few INTJ's, and one of my oldest friends is an INFJ so I've also managed to develop Ni quite a bit.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Se

*anti-shortest-post-ever-patch applied*

My Fe is quite strong but it's more of a weakness at the moment. I need to teach Ti to analyze my Fe a bit more before acting on it, because it's altering my judgement way too often.
I'm not sure about Se, as I find this function and Ne very hard to grasp, and I'm not even sure which is my primary perceiving function. Actually I noticed that when reading descriptions of functions on the Internet, I remember particular details about sensors and intuitives, but I feel like I haven't really wrapped my head around both functions yet. I'll probably never cease questioning my type.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I just did cognitive functions test and despite not being sure about some questions, I turned out INTP (most likely), but my Fi is 60-70% high almost as much as my Ti (70%), Fe is just 25%, if even that. Funny thing Se and Si are equal - both 45 %.

Why? I started nurturing Fi when I spontaneously realized that sort of as I called it 'inner feeling' is source of creativity, passion, beautiful, unique, idealistic and along with Ti builds ethics and worldview independent of outer values of conformist, that happen to be also sh*tty (it's not just about 'rebellion'). Spirit and reason united; HELL YEAH!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Fe.

It kind of came naturally once I realised how people worked. When I'm out in the real world, using Fe to deal with people, it's like I am there to keep the world together, emotional organization empowered with intellectual know-how and understanding. People are amazing, and there's not much that makes me happier than gently pushing the flow of human interaction into better shapes.

When I was younger and less socially competent, my parents stressed getting along with people in a sort of Si-Te, "This is how it's done, it keeps the world together" sort of way, but looking into that deeper I got to understand why it's so important- namely, that other people are good, interesting, and deserving too.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
My Ti and Ne are very close.

From being around Fe users in the environment I grew up in, I learned more about what they value, even if I happen to feel uncomfortable acting from my inferior function. However I have learned to lessen my critical nature and have empathized with people to reduce disharmony. Although I often find myself arguing fruitlessly with dominant Fe-users about what matters in life. They tell me that I should act to please others and uphold social rules. And yet through my very existence and my own way of doing things, I offend their way of living. But I've grudgingly had to compromise my values with theirs from being polite, writing thank you cards, showing appreciation for what I get, and so on. It's just that refusing to do things that make no sense to me but makes sense to them causes a lot of conflict.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
191 Posts
I guess it's Se. Many years of fishing, collecting insects and other related activities have made me the ability to be quite aware of my surroundings is I want to be.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Te, maybe? At least one other member of these boards has commented that I seem quite comfortable with it, and, growing up under my comically stereotypical INTJ father, it wouldn't surprise me if I'd learned it by example. When I was still typed INFJ, I also found that I would frequently escape to the NT Temperament and INTJ forums for a breath of fresh, not gushy-wushy air. (No disrespect to the INFJs... they're good folks.)

My functions tests are always sort of an intractable mess, though; generally, my functions end up grouping something like this: (Ni >= Ti >= Fi) > (Ne >= Te >= Fe) > (Si >= Se).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts