Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What was the least infj thing you've ever done?

Okay, perhaps I was a bit vague. What is one of the most out of character things that you've done and how did it make you feel? What was the reason you decided to depart from your typical mode of being? Did it have a long term impact on the way that you conduct yourself?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I was very unINFJ when I was younger in terms of how I treated others, compared to how I do now. I used to be really mean and unsympathetic. But, in terms of how I conduct myself these days, I'm not entirely sure how "INFJ" I'm supposed to act. I can only compare myself to myself. I'll have to think of times where I behaved out of character.

I was a at a club for my friend's 21st birthday. I got drunk and did a whole bunch of stupid things on the dance floor, mostly just flailing my limbs around uncontrollably. Most of the unINFJ things I did when I was younger. I cussed at a teacher in 10th grade for giving me a low grade on an essay. I felt ashamed and embarrassed. I really can't think of anything else that would go beyond what would be considered unINFJ since all of us have our own ways of behaving.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I love the "criticize the personality above you" thread. But mostly I love it because it makes me read up on the other types. You have to know them to beat them ;)

I think most INFJs will stereotypically dislike a thread where you say mean things to eachother. Yet... we do post there a lot...

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the "criticize the personality above you" thread. But mostly I love it because it makes me read up on the other types. You have to know them to beat them ;)

I think most INFJs will stereotypically dislike a thread where you say mean things to eachother. Yet... we do post there a lot...
That sounds like an interesting thread. I need to break out of character more frequently so maybe posting there might give me a good start. My most uncharacteristic moments mostly seem to involve alcohol (which is why I very rarely drink) but aside from drinking, I started a conversation with a gentleman the other day by complementing his leather bag. Unfortunately, that seems to be as daring as I get :dry:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Once upon a time I went to a party and I was the party. It's still talked about to this day, many, many moons later. I'm not sure what happened really, I basically became uber extrovert and super confident, imagine someone on coke, that was me but without the asshole side effects.

If I try to analyse it; I was with a small group (3) of good friends (all extroverts I might add) who went to a friend of a friend's party, so I was in comfortable surroundings but also not, there was a sense of 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas' due to being at a party where I knew nobody else outside my group, I could reinvent myself to the strangers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts