Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I guess my Muse would be A lot of different things combined.

Past touches,Past people,Friends,The moon,The Wind,The Lake,How it smells during Night time outside,Stargazing nights with people who care,Things that have happened to me,Unrequited crushes and Loves,Strangers I've met on travels,Children who seem so free.

I wish I was a muse for someone else,I wish i could inspire people I try.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I don't want to boast, but it really is a great feeling. I have no idea how someone would go about finding one (mine found me), but if you do find one (and you know you will once you have), don't ever take it or them for granted.
Now you're just making me curious about the story on how your muse found you ;)

·
Registered
929 Posts
It was just pure chance. You could say it was fate, if you believe in that. I don't mean like, she was on a search to inspire someone and found me.:tongue:
If she had been on a quest to find you, that would have been decidedly more awesome though ;)
... but, enough derailing on my part! :D

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If she had been on a quest to find you, that would have been decidedly more awesome though ;)
... but, enough derailing on my part! :D
Hah, well... She has no idea I exist. Yeah, it sucks that she'll most likely never know what she has done for me, unless I put out a book on all the thoughts she has inspired in me, and then for her to some how learn of my book and read it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
This is very interesting. Is there where the band Muse got their name I wonder?

I think I have quite a few Muses. Past experiences of course. When it comes to writing music, my muse is the artists I appreciate, such as Andrew McMahon and Benjamin Gibbard. When I write, I look to my favorite authors such as David Foster Wallace and J.D. Salinger.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You said:
"It really is a great feeling.…. (mine found me), but if you do find one (and you know you will once you have), don't ever take it or them for granted.
She has no idea I exist….. she'll most likely never know what she has done for me, unless I put out a book on all the thoughts she has inspired in me, and then for her to some how learn of my book and read it."

Jinamuro- This is so lovely, so romantic, so beautiful....you could make her aware of you and your valuing of her. If she has inspired you, she would surely treasure you back. You could let her enjoy your work knowing it was of her....inspiring you. If you let her know you would be giving her something that I expect she would carry with her the rest of her life.....you would always be a part of her as well. Sometimes muses fly away.....she may stay if she knows you need her, or she at least could be inspired by you.
As to having muses. I suppose I've had many in my life in many forms, to varying degrees. There are a couple I revisit in my heart and mind from time to time... the most inspiring and precious of them. As to being a muse. I have been a muse from time to time I guess now that I think of it. I have been one for a photographer, an artist, a song writer...... I think though that is a tragedy that I never saw the drawing, never heard the songs. I only got to see the photograph. It feels good to know you've inspired someone but if you never get to see the result....then it is less real to you. Muses can become despondent without love from their inspired one, without understanding what they mean to them.
My greatest wish in life has always been to be someone's favorite muse and the great love of his life......It's not ego, it's the need to blossom fully in what you were meant for. If you feed your muse she may become even more brilliant for you, you may only be seeing the bud of her she may blossom more fully for you.
Whatever you do though, even if you do not tell her you are beautiful for loving her.

·
Registered
224 Posts
People who have been closest to me have unwittingly been my muses, but they never last very long. I think we'd all love to meet the Yokos to our Johns, though. Can you imagine what that'd be like?

I have had some lasting influences, though, people and things I can always go back to: Nature, the five sense, Gino Severini, and the life and work of Frank O'Hara. Gino Severini's sort of an indirect muse: In college, I had to critique Dynamic Hieroglyph of the Bal Tabarin as a futurist. So we read The Futurist Manifesto and I really connected with what I'd call "the speed of nowness": the way the artist tries to capture everything that is happening simultaneously now in a scene, including what you anticipate. The cool thing is that futurist techniques not only let you see now but also feel now. So you feel motion externally through "lines of force", color, etc., but you also feel it internally because you can take in the scene just like you were really there: the random 'VALSE', the cat head, the flags, the (what I take to be a) moor on the horse, etc represent the memories you would draw upon to contextualize and interpret the scene... So, anyway, I didn't mean for this to be a critique itself. The point is that futurism stuck with me and the critique turned into this creative writing piece that was the most fun I've ever had writing.

"Look at us! We are not out of breath, our hearts are not in the least tired. For they are nourished by fire, hatred and speed! Does this surprise you? it is because you do not even remember being alive! Standing on the world's summit, we launch once more our challenge to the stars!" —Marinetti, The Futurist Manifesto

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My muse has been inspiring my thoughts for the past 10 years. It has always fascinated me that it has lasted this long, and continues to last. It's as if I have some kind of soul/spiritual connection with her. Through her, I'm able to think so clearly and on such a level I couldn't do otherwise. She is like a window into my mind. She has made such an impact on my life, I have truly fallen in love with her because of it.

Thank you for your words, Elizabeth. I have always wished for her to know what she has done for me, and I would really hope that it would mean so much to her that she would blossom further into the amazing person she already is. I really understand your wish to be someone's favorite muse and the great love of their life. The way I feel for her is so raw, so strong, so genuine; it truly is a beautiful thing.

And lopare, thanks for sharing that. I find that fascinating.

I'm glad I made this thread. I love reading what you all have to say.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Heh, honestly for me it is the band Muse :) Listening to their music has inspired me to do a lot of stuff, from drawing sketches to writing to taking up drums and all sorts of other life changes I've been implementing in the past few years too. It just puts me in a really good place when I listen to their music and makes me want to go out and do great things.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Heh, honestly for me it is the band Muse :) Listening to their music has inspired me to do a lot of stuff, from drawing sketches to writing to taking up drums and all sorts of other life changes I've been implementing in the past few years too. It just puts me in a really good place when I listen to their music and makes me want to go out and do great things.
Love that band. I'm gonna have to google them and see where they came up with that name..Unless you already know?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Actually I've had a muse. He was a man who was a bit older than me and we were friends. He also had a thing for writing and I felt that everything I wrote I wrote for him. He was a bit bruised by life and we had common problems. I like to write those sort of "Everything is shit but in the end it'll be allright" -stories and I think he was that sort of person who needed them. He also seemed to like my writings. I haven't seen him for a while though and I haven't written as much as I used to. I don't think he's still my muse. Right now I don't have a muse.

I probably haven't been anyone's muse or at least I don't know that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My muse has been inspiring my thoughts for the past 10 years. It has always fascinated me that it has lasted this long, and continues to last. It's as if I have some kind of soul/spiritual connection with her. Through her, I'm able to think so clearly and on such a level I couldn't do otherwise. She is like a window into my mind. She has made such an impact on my life, I have truly fallen in love with her because of it.
Wow, that's amazing. Good for you!

·
Banned
463 Posts
Hmmm. My INTP says I inspire him, and vice versa: he inspires me.
He has borne a new perspective upon me. New ideas are constantly sprouting, and I hope the intense feelings I have for him continue to feed these ideas until they blossom into reality.

I would also name Nature as a muse of mine.
I don't think your muse necessarily has to be a person, it's the source of your creativity. It could be an idea, a place, a person, or an action.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I agree that a muse can be many different things...not just a person. Sometimes french fries are my muse. When it is a person though... it is pretty amazing. *sigh* It can also feel pretty amazing to be another person's muse...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Love that band. I'm gonna have to google them and see where they came up with that name..Unless you already know?
Supposedly, Matt Bellamy heard his art teacher use the word "muses" at which point he went and looked up the word in a dictionary. They shortened it, decided it also looked good on posters since and was easy to remember and went with it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts