Personality Cafe banner

201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
ISTJ father. Well...secret guardian typish. Somehow.
ISFJ mother. I really need to stop her 'I wanna die for your sin' attitude or else she would forget about herself.
My bro passed away even before I get to know his....

So well. Guardian parents type. I feel so safe but misunderstood sometimes hahahah.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
mom ISFJ
dad ESTP
According to David Keirsey, your parents are an ideal combination - same perceiving function (S), everything else is complementary. Do they get along well, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's a lot of INFPs! How does that translate practically? (sorry, I'm very curious. I have INFP friends, but I figure its different when they are your friends and not family members)
I don't think any of us can function without our partners. My mother and father have each other, obviously, and my INFP middle sister has her ESFJ husband to support her. And I have my INTJ girlfriend/fiance who works online and makes more money than I do. I certainly wouldn't want to marry another INFP. That would be a financial disaster.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think my parents are both ISTJ, but I'm not 100% sure.

I find it interesting how many INFPs have J parents. I wonder if there's any reasoning behind that or if it's merely coincidence.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Mother: ISFJ

Father: INTJ

I take it one step further and describe my whole social circle as well, since I'm in the mood.

I put it in spoiler tags. Open if you don't mind reading.

You can feel free to ask about how the different types in my social circle get along with each other and whatnot. :proud:

Brother: INFJ (typed by himself, other typings are our co-operative results)

Grandma from the father's line: ESFJ

Aunt (father's sister) : ISTP

Grandma from the mother's line: ENFP

Uncle (mother's brother): ISTJ

A distant male cousin (10 years older than me): ENTP

A distant male cousin (5-6 years younger than me): ESFP

A distant female cousin (10 years older than me): ISFP

The people not related to me:

Step dad: ISFP

Current best friend and also a childhood friend: ENTJ

Current best friend and also a flatmate: ENFP

Best friend and flatmate when I was studing abroad in college: ISFP

Best friend in elementary school: INTJ

Best friend in high school: INTP

Ex-girlfriend (the only girl with whom I have had an actual serious relationship with): ISTP

·
Registered
75 Posts
My father is ESTP
My mother is ISFJ

Giving birth to an INFJ, INTP, ISFP, ISTJ, and last but not least, INFP (me!)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mom: ENFP (Her stalking and constant need to misplace my stuff in the name of "cleaning" bugs me)
Dad: INTP (His quirkiness and bad jokes bug me)

I'm happy I'm away at college again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My mother is an ISFP, we really rub along well, altough when we go in deep conversation she seems to don't get the spiritually part of the speech, until we speak about feelings we understand each other, but she is more in the present time than me, more impulsive and more not-so-deep.
My father-in-law should be an INTJ/ISTJ, so we don't have so much in common. I don't know my father's type, but I suppose he is an ESTP.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Well I have lived with my grandparents for most of my life and my mom was not a healthy person so I don't think I could type her. So I think I will use my grandparents:

Grandmother - Probably ESFJ. Drives me insane sometimes because she can be really bossy and controlling. She can also be over emotional and take things too personally (and I thought I was bad with that...).

Grandfather - Most likely ISTJ. He's extremely organized, used to be an accountant, quiet, kind of goes along with what other people want him to do, and is really helpful and practical.

I don't think I really take after either of them, though I think their J has rubbed off on me a little as I get antsy if I'm running late and though I'm very disorganized it does bother me a lot.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Dad is an ENTP, mum is an INFJ.
Aww, right?
Nah, they divorced.
I wonder if I already posted in this thread.
I've often wondered if cognitive functions get inherited. I take after both of my parents in some ways. I have my dad's sense of humor, snobbish taste, debating skills and logic, but mum's strong connection to her value system and impulsiveness. I also had a temper like my mum when I was younger, but the older I get, the less upset I get about things. Or, perhaps just less surprised.

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
Father: xNTP
Mother: ISTJ

me and my dad really connect and have amazing conversations, my mom and I love each other but clash hard.

201 - 220 of 254 Posts