Registered
442 Posts
Mother: ESFJ or ENFJ*... Not sure
Father: ISFJ

Can get along quite well with my mother

·
Registered
582 Posts
My mother passed away when I was 5, so I can't really type her..
My father was an ISTJ
My stepmother came in around the age of 8 (?) and she is an ENFP.

·
MotM 5/2015 | Bankslayer
13,347 Posts
Hmm my "dad" probably is an INTP and my mom is an ESFJ

·
Registered
991 Posts
both entp, and my older brother (who is 33) is intp.
i get along best with my mother, who is on the border between t/f... though i love both of my parents. also, i feel very similar to my brother (he is a half brother, and his father is isfj.)
i really like having this combination of relatives... i think i am very lucky! we all understand each other rather well and are able to communicate clearly. many of my cousins and aunts are nfp... so i always feel included. good luck to all you infps with xstjs as your family...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mom: ENFP - We have our ups and downs but for the most part get along. We agree on a lot of things and share a sense of humor.
Dad: INTP - The parent I'm the most like since we're both quiet, calm, and sarcastic. If emotions are involved we clash a bit.

I know that for sure because they've taken official tests.

Step mom: INFJ? - She's a child behavior analyst and has always been a stabilizing force in my life and helps me keep my shit together.
Ex Step dad: ISTP? - We always clashed and he was so destructive for me. I get a lot of my self destructive tendencies from him.

My brother is an ENFP, my half sisters are young, but I suspect they're ENFJ, INTP (dad and stepmom's daughters), and ESFP (mom and stepmom's daughter)

The similarities in letters makes me wonder if these preferences are genetic in some way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm more certain about my dad's type than my mom's, but these are my guesses.
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: INTJ
I'm more like my dad. We don't like big gatherings (as opposed to my mom who loves them) and we can be sarcastic.
I usually have more thought-provoking conversations with my dad. I generally talk to my mom about things on my mind, but we seem to argue a lot.
I find my mom more predictable and the unpredictability of my dad (especially his emotional outbursts) sometimes scares me. I can't really say I prefer one over the other. When I'm at home, they leave me alone most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My mom is an ENTJ, and I never tested my dad but I have a strong feeling that he is an ESFP. They compliment each other really well and have a very strong marriage despite having totally opposite letters. Unless my dad is an ENFP. I don't know, but I am pretty sure he is some kind of ExFP.

My freaking sister tests differently every time. First INFJ, ISFP then INFP. Sometimes it's hard to tell xD

·
Registered
140 Posts
ISFJ mother.
ISTJ father.

I've always gotten along with both of them pretty well. I think I can count the times I've fought with my father on one hand. My mother- a tad more, but never anything awful.

My sisters are both extroverts, though. Interesting how things work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dad is probably ISTJ. My mother, it's harder to say. She died when I was 16, so I have to draw on those memories. Almost certainly INFP, though. My sister is the epitome of EFSP.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not entirely sure but they might both be ISTJ. We get along very well, we are very close, but sometimes we clash. Over stupid unimportant stuff. Like example, once we were all going to go see a movie and get dinner afterwards. However, it was looking like we would have to miss a lot of the beginning of the movie because we were late leaving for it. So I just suggested we get dinner first and then just see a later show, but they couldn't handle that. They absolutely had to stick to the original plan, even if it stressed them (and everyone!) out to do so. They couldn't just change the plan even that small amount, even though it would be convenient; they HAD to keep the plan just for the sake of it being the original PLAN! It was amazing to me. I couldn't even understand it.

Anyway. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
ESTJ Father - Greedy
ENFJ Mother - Smothering
INTJ Brother - Four eyes
ENTP sister - Annoying
INFP 01010 - Ignoring
Ignore the words at the right :laughing:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
ESFP dad ISFJ mom
@Teen Rose, I am requesting you to stop actively searching for old posts to respond to. You have answered around 15 old threads in the past week, and it is getting difficult to find new content amidst your reviving of threads from years ago.

221 - 240 of 254 Posts