Personality Cafe banner

Your parents personality type? INFP only.

[INFP] 
16K views 253 replies 236 participants last post by  Scales 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's see if our parents type has something to do with ours :)
At some point i'm going to add all up and post results.

ESTJ stepfather(upbringing).
ENTJ father(genetics).
ISFJ mother.

I think mother likes strong organizing personalities that get things done. :laughing:

#6 ·
INTJ mother
INFJ father

It's sometimes hard because my dad goes through periods of wanting to get rid of like everything except for the clothes on his back, so I have to make sure that the things I have at home that I want to keep are locked away in a safe place, lol.

#7 ·
Father: INFP
Mother: ISFJ
Stepmother: ESFJ
Me: INFP
Sister: INFJ
(Step)Sister: INFP
(Step)Brother: INFP

#11 ·
Mother ENFP
Father ISTJ

Opposites attract. They had a beautiful marriage. Mom died six years ago. Mom was a gifted musician and a great athlete who dedicated her whole life to improving the lives of children. Dad is extremely logical positivist/scientist/doctor. He remains very healthy at 82. He doesn't really understand me, but he tries. He was always working when I was a kid and since I didn't play (American) football like all my brothers, he didn't really know all of what I was into. He came to visit a couple of years ago and was blown away that I play jazz guitar--all his favorite artists from when he was young. He had no idea. He knows all about my climbing and skiing big mountains around the world and he is very proud of what I can do with sticks on my feet. I wish I had his genes because even though I am active and fit, I am not as healthy as he is. He looks younger than I do too--no wrinkles and very clear skin. I am 55 and the oldest of 8 siblings. I've spent most of my life outdoors at high altitudes, which explains my pruny skin.

I have a sense of deja vu like I wrote this in a thread here before. No worries, just please excuse me if I am repeating myself. :tongue:

#13 ·
My mom - ESFJ
My dad - ISTJ

Both of them, being judgers, have a harder time dealing with the fact that I don't have a whole lot of organizational skills like they do. But then I can have a harder time with them not being as intuitive or perceptive of how I am.

#18 ·
@BlazingFire It is! It can be extremely tough at times. Especially when it feels like with the way their personalities are, they'll never be able to fully understand the way that I am since they're not quite as in touch with their intuition or perception. And I'm not completely blaming it on them, because that's just how they are. But it's just very frustrating at times because their views are typically so black and white so any other view that goes against their's just can't be right.

#19 ·
Father- ESTP
Mother- ISTJ

I'm really glad they both took the mbti. woot!

#22 ·
Mom: ESFJ (I'm pretty sure)
Dad: INTJ (I think)
Sister: INFJ

Reactions: Geoffrey
#24 ·
My mother is ESFJ. I'm not sure about my father's type but I think he is an exact oppostie of my mother, I guess he is INTP or INTP. I think he is depressed and deeply frustrated.

#25 ·
INFJ mother
INTP father
Something NP brother - he's bipolar and it's a bit difficult to type him. I have never been able to figure out his functions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.