Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MOTM January 2013
10,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for a laugh, who out there has e-typed their pets?
I've got a cat whom I think is 6w7. She has such a cool character, she is incredibly loyal, I mean how often does a cat walk down to the corner shop with you, mine does, its the sweetest thing ever. She looks so lost when I go into the shop and then I come back out and she's there, meowing in panic until she see's my face. She's very daring as well, yesterday she climbled to the top of this massive tree, had no idea how she was going to get down so just decided to mega slide it down the diagonal tree trunk. Aww :kitteh:

Here is a picture of ma lil moggy
Cat Mammal Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers

Feel free to share your pet etype findings/pics etc

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My pointer mix has got to be either 7w8 or 8w7... she loves to roam around by herself, doing new things, she's very hyper, but she has intense boundary issues and hates being touched/petted, especially on her head.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Haha, this has occured to me before. I got my cat when she was a kitten and she was born in shelter so she loves to be handled. She's 1.5 years and the most laid back, cuddly cat I've ever seen in my life. She loves to be picked up. When she's sitting on the floor and I put my hands under her "arms" (the way you would pick up a little kid) she immediately stretches both front legs straight up and as I lift her she stretches both back legs until they're completely pointed and then hangs her head over my arm once she's up. Sometimes we spoon in bed and she likes to be held really close when she's on my lap. If I don't move she'll sometimes stay sitting or sleeping on me for an hour or two. She's a bit of an introvert because we don't have a ton of people over. If I really had to choose a type for her...probably a healthy 9.

I really enjoy observing my cats behaviours and figuring out what it is she wants from me by her body language. I've met a couple of other 5's who just seemed to be intuitive cat people. A close 5 friend always seems to know exactly how to approach and pick cats up whereas her 1 wife always seems so unsure of how to hold them comfortably.

I also have an 18 year old cat that lives with my parents - I've had her since I was 8 but it made sense for her to live with them. I found her at 4 months when I was 8 - she had been abandoned in a garage in -35c. weather with another cat and there was evidence she'd been abused. She seemed to "choose" me right off the bat and every night I was at home for the 16 years we lived together she slept on my bed. Once she hit 15 she started sitting on my lap but if someone else walks into the room she'll very slowly get off my lap and move to another spot. I don't know if cats can really be embarrassed but that's how she often looks. She only ever let me and my mom pick her up but I picked her up often. She has lots of boundary issues and is a very growly old lady. I'd probably peg her as an unhealthy 6.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
@sleepyhead
Haha, my cat does the same with her feet too, she stretches and points them as far as she can. Your cat seems uber trusting and affectionate, my cat hates being picked up, she loves being stroked though.
It's funny because my old cat was always tense and her body just felt so tight and rigid. But with Ketto (pictured above) it's like picking up a wet noodle. Like she's going to fall through your fingers.

I love the colours of your cat. Both Ketto and my old lady (Mittens - imaginative at 8) look exactly the same; gray and white with a pink and black nose. We wanted one with funky colours but personality won out at the shelter.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
My female dog is an ISFP 9w1 and my male dog is an ENFJ 6w7

Reactions: Curiously

·
Banned
891 Posts
I think my cat may be a 6w5 like me, in that she hates her own kind (wants to fight every cat- and dog- that she sees). Gets very stressed out when she is in fight mode. She is also afraid of certain situations and tries to escape (eg. being crated, running to the basement to hide during a storm, etc). Will cuddle with you, loves getting pets and head-butting and loves people, but she gives affection on *her* schedule, not yours. She is very independent, but gets whiny if she is alone for a long time (she can be clingy with me and DH- has some separation anxiety).

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
I think my cat is an 8w9.

He has his boundary issues with most people and animals, very selectively letting in those he deems acceptable. His pattern seems to be to set a boundary in his mind, then defend it when those he doesn't trust violate it. The boundary with individuals will change in stages as he gets more comfortable with them; it took him months to warm up to me.

If he could have a tritype too, 5 and 4 would probably be in it, in some order. He lounges around watching the world with a calm thoughtfulness, and he is eloquently expressive of his feelings.

·
Banned
596 Posts
I have two hybrids (Miniature Pinscher/Jack Russell).

The one who looks more like a Miniature Pinscher: type 8w7, 'thinker'
The other one, who looks more like a Jack Russell: type 2w1 or type 9, 'feeler'

The pinscher is the dominant one in the pack :p.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts