Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking to engage in a conversation with ESTJ's

thinking....our brains are mirror images of each other's....usually leads to interesting conversations

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thinking.....with my head in the clouds, and your feet planted firmly on the ground....there should be some place in the middle to meet

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*taking notes*....sure, could steer clear of those topics

I'm sitting here at work in my office, should be working....ya know, but....would rather be stretching my fingers on the forums here.

When did you start learning about personality types? Are you happy with who you are?

·
Registered
707 Posts
My dad was a psychotherapist, so I'm sure he saw that I was an ESTJ from a young age. My mom and my sister are too, but mom goes from T to F sometimes. My first boyfriend was a psychology major in college, so he knew it too and I'm sure he told me, but I couldn't be bothered by it back then. I guess it's been about 3 years now... I love being an ESTJ and knowing how I work as opposed to how others work. I have to hold back a lot of what I think in order to not offend. I'm a strong T so my brain tends to be on overtime.

I'm supposed to be taking a nap right now, but the computer is much more entertaining. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I started reading about personality types about 10 years ago...found it fascinating, discovered that I could just be myself...the best self I can be...and had things to offer etc.

I have a great deal of respect for ESTJ's....their clarity of thought and action set them apart, nothing can compare to a well oiled enterprise directed by a healthy ESTJ.

I'm not strong T...but would say that my brain is also on overtime...don't think it has to do with personality type...maybe consumed with different sorts of things than others....ha, I come across as quiet and reserved...but always tell people that it's LOUD IN MY HEAD...!!

indeed...the computer is much more entertaining than the papers on my desk....*smiling*

·
Registered
707 Posts
lol. My friends tell me to hold back a good portion of my full self when I meet new people. I have strong opinions on just about everything and there are certain ways that people that I closely associate with MUST behave... I'm a true control freak. Not for me, necessarily, but to help other's lives run more smoothly. I am really good at attaining goals and getting results. I hate it when my friends complain about the weight they've put on, but when I go to thier homes, all that's in their fridges is frozen pizza, 89 flavors of ice cream, tons of red meat, sour cream, and JUNK! It takes just about every ounce of self control I have not to empty out their kitchen! But then again, I'm not an emotional person, so I don't understand all the issues that people have with their food.

I know this is a problem, by the way. I am working on my inner control freak to be more understanding and accepting.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup...combine the two of us, and you'd have the complete representation of humanity

just kidding about the control freak thing, I think I understand (sorta) where it comes from....a burden to direct for the common good

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have a battle within myself over which is for the greatest good. Example: I'm very feminine (look nice, smell nice traditional, etc) but I have a very masculine personality and I'm driven to succeed wherever I am. If I have a family, am I going to continue working, or stay at home and raise my children? I don't have this answer yet, but this is the type of compromise I encounter.

·
Registered
707 Posts
This is also why I prefer to have relationships with other ESTJ's or ISTJ's. The ones I associate with generally have almost my exact opinions and preferences. I'm dating a guy now and he doesn't know what's about to hit him if I snap... I think he might be an ENFP, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is also why I prefer to have relationships with other ESTJ's or ISTJ's. The ones I associate with generally have almost my exact opinions and preferences. I'm dating a guy now and he doesn't know what's about to hit him if I snap... I think he might be an ENFP, but I'm not sure.
you make me laugh...be gentle with his ENFP soul

it is certainly easiest to be with our own "type"....no doubt about that, when I'm with my similar minded friends things just flow and glide, very refreshing.....but, when I'm with my ESTJ wife *smiling*...the sparks fly

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a battle within myself over which is for the greatest good. Example: I'm very feminine (look nice, smell nice traditional, etc) but I have a very masculine personality and I'm driven to succeed wherever I am. If I have a family, am I going to continue working, or stay at home and raise my children? I don't have this answer yet, but this is the type of compromise I encounter.
masculine and feminine personalities should never be defined on that basis...a great injustice, but...that is how they are typically defined. We certainly have to define our battles. All personlities can be driven to succeed and win....some just do it quietly, quiet determination is unstoppable...!!

·
Banned
48 Posts
:unsure:

I don't really get it. What part of you is "masculine"?
You just seem extrovert, nor masculine. And being feminine is not just looking nice and smelling nice, I can arrange myself to look nice and take a bath and use perfume to smell nice and I'm still a guy. hahaha I do believe though that there must be something deeper in your post that I am probably not catching.

I hope to see more of this thread! :happy:

·
Registered
61 Posts
lol. My friends tell me to hold back a good portion of my full self when I meet new people. I have strong opinions on just about everything and there are certain ways that people that I closely associate with MUST behave... I'm a true control freak. Not for me, necessarily, but to help other's lives run more smoothly. I am really good at attaining goals and getting results. I hate it when my friends complain about the weight they've put on, but when I go to thier homes, all that's in their fridges is frozen pizza, 89 flavors of ice cream, tons of red meat, sour cream, and JUNK! It takes just about every ounce of self control I have not to empty out their kitchen! But then again, I'm not an emotional person, so I don't understand all the issues that people have with their food.

I know this is a problem, by the way. I am working on my inner control freak to be more understanding and accepting.
Wow, you did an excellent job describing my behavior, quirks, and thought processes. Honestly, this is almost exactly how I think and act, minus the control freak part. I'm more of a "consultant" than a control freak, when it comes down to it. I'd rather tell someone what the "right" thing is, and then let them do it in their own time, than do it for them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts