Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to David Keirsey's profile of INFP we tend to have "a fascination with the profane."

So my question is whether this is true in your lives, and if so, how? What does it mean to be fascinated with the profane.

You can read the Keirsey profile here...

INFP - The Dreamer

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I think my fascination with the profane has turned me into a pervert, but not in my actual sex life with others. Most of my perversion occurs in my head. I'm kind of a prude in real life until I am extremely comfortable with someone to the point of wanting to spend the rest of my life with him. I do masturbate a lot with all kinds of freaky sex toys, including an electric shock paddle and a pulsing vibrator with little rubber spikes.

Reactions: R2-D2

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:shocked: What the hell is an electric shock paddle?!?!?

Pics? LOL, :tongue: Just kidding!

I think I'm a little bit the same way sexually. There's a lot of people who can talk dirty, and can say profane things, but there's not many who have done any kind of real research and can give you percentages and explanations of the psychology, physiology, and sociology of sex. Sure I like dirty jokes, but I also have a strange obsession with understanding it.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
I am a profanity talker only when I am alone but when I am out in public, I don't use such obscene language. I hope that is what you mean by profane. hahaha.:crazy:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a profanity talker only when I am alone but when I am out in public, I don't use such obscene language. I hope that is what you mean by profane. hahaha.:crazy:
No I think it would mean anything that's viewed by the general population as being "off-limits"

·
15,420 Posts
Necrophilia, bestiality, pedophilia and other perversions are off-limits. Rape, incest, etc. Also, torture, extreme violence, certain hard drugs, etc.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL snail. Yah, that pretty much sums it up ;)

Those are all things that fascinate me. Not as fetishes, but I want to understand what makes people tick that do them, or understand how they effect us. Or in the case of sex, I want to know where the limits are and why. Like why can't you talk about erections, clitoris, and orgasms with a seven year old? It sounds like an obvious answer, and I'm certainly not advocating you go out and talk sex with kids, but when should you start teaching kids about sex? Or other questions and topics that are off limits.

If I'm in a group of people that doesn't like talking religion, I want to talk religion, because I want to know why. It's not just that I like the profane and off limits, it's that I want to understand them, and I think there are a lot of things that are off limits to talking about that do us harm. And a lot of things we think do us harm, that actually could help us.

·
Registered
871 Posts
you ought to study me...
oops... did I just say that?

also...
dritalin said:
What the hell is an electric shock paddle?!?!?

Pics? LOL, Just kidding!
http://www.xkcd.com/322/

not meaning to be a jerk, or trying to say anything about you... but it just fit too well :laughing:

·
15,420 Posts
That's awesome! LOL! :laughing:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha!

Dude, is she single?

That's why I put the "pics" statement up there, I always laugh when I see people hitting on women online.

It was probably still pretty sexist of me.

·
15,420 Posts
Nah, I set myself up for it by being overly honest about things that should have been kept private. I'm amused, not annoyed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah, I set myself up for it by being overly honest about things that should have been kept private. I'm amused, not annoyed.
LOL, yah but women get away with it so much easier than men :laughing: Imagine if a guy was saying he had an electric shock paddle that he hooked up to his penis. :blushed:

I also love it when people are too open with things they shouldn't be with. Just say it like it is.

·
Registered
871 Posts
agreed... it makes me happy for some reason. I think I just to know that cultural faux pas haven't sunken in and consumed everyone's mind yet.

·
15,420 Posts
Sure, for INTJs. Y'all are into being direct. I'm just now getting used to the idea, and it's still awkward.

·
15,420 Posts
I'm trying to figure out the difference. I think when I am honest and impolite, I am usually also offensive.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
INFPs can be blunt and direct. Especially with emotions. Just because we're more connection to emotions and good causes doesn't mean we're the never mean innocent flowers we're perceived as.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts