Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
Depends on the change. In the past, I've reacted poorly to forum changes, particularly when it came to cosmetics. I'm very particular about how I like web pages to look. It needs to look clean and professional and the color scheme can't be an eyesore. The changes here fit the bill perfectly and I'm excited for more changes as the update process continues.

·
Registered
509 Posts
"Its so... bright!"
I don't mind much the changes, but I do hope they'll darken the background a bit, as it was suggested in the update thread.
I like the new header and that waving smiley up there. :p
As for the new features, some are definetely useful, like the auto save, but we're yet to see the rest.
Overall, I'm neutral to positive about the updgrade.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't like change because it shakes up my insides a little bit and I don't like my insides to be shaken up. Roller coasters do not excite or intrigue me. I love knowing what to expect so therefore I can remain pleasant and calm internally. As for the PerC upgrade, I was a bit wary when it was first announced but now, I actually like the changes and the color scheme. Now I'm just waiting for the day Facebook finally decides to force Timeline upon me. /Shudder.

·
Registered
ESTJ 3w2 sp
3,087 Posts
Do you guys seriously like this though? I mean the old one kinda had a nice coffee-homely feel to it... Now I just feel like my posts are on a white board...
I personally love the white background, but tons of people seem to have problems with it. The natural solution IMO is to have multiple skins to choose from so everyone will be happy. I don't know how feasible this is, however.

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
I like it! It's kinda like being in a hospital.

:laughing:

Let me explain.... hehe.. it's clean! It's like years of grime has been power-washed off the dark grey forum side walls.

Yes, I know there's lots of MRSA in hospitals but that doesn't jive well with the metaphor I'm trying to make. I like it -- it's cheery and still grey -- I love grey. I say - - ->> good show!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
"Ohh, it's bright.. and the coffee cup is smiley!"

It looked unfinished at first glance, but now I like it. There's a sterile feel to it. Or, as @Sily said, like a hospital. xD I can picture the old site colors being washed off to reveal this.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,856 Posts
I'm down with change, so long as it doesn't compromise functionality. Most updates here seem good.

Facebook finally decides to force Timeline upon me. /Shudder.
That happened to me the other day :sad: so I converted to chrome so I could use an anti-timeline function :happy:

Stupid timeline.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I thought it was quite bright (this was before the current ripple-y grey background) and I read the thread about the update in support because I wanted to know what other people thought of it, or maybe see if they thought the same as me. And seeing as the update was only 15% complete, I thought that they hadn't finished with the colour scheme yet and so would still change it.

So that's my reaction: checking out what other people think and maybe denial:p (I don't want to get worked up over something that is only temporary:p (Actually that makes me think about how all things might be temporary, anyway))

Currently, I don't think I mind the white that much, but I think there needs to be more contrast between posts. I really like the grey ripple-y background:)

I can't exactly remember how the site used to look like anyway...

edit: aww. Just now I saw that ripple-y background had changed to light grey. And I thought "[insert rude name], they changed it". Then I carried on thinking about other things:p

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
It didn't bother me in the slightest. I'm a YouTuber though. YouTube changes on a weekly basis. :tongue:

I'm just surprised it's taking so long for all the upgrades to come in. Only 15% done? Is there really all that much going on that it couldn't have all been changed at once? Seems more complicated than necessary.

·
Registered
745 Posts
First time logging in to PerC when it was still in the 5-15% update progress: "WTF? I can't see anything...Where is everything?"

Now: "Cool, whatever."

I like the auto-save I like the revamping with the upper right-hand corner of the Notifications/Subscribed Threads. I don't mind it being white as a whiteboard as whiteboards are terribly useful as someone studying science/math. Thus, I am used to stuff written on vast blank spaces.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,900 Posts
Haven't really noticed anything, but I only just rolled up in here before the changes. Did the banner or whatever have a happy little guy sitting at a desk with a steaming cup of coffee or something? If so, I felt better with that for the coffee-homey feel but whateva.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts