Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As INFPs, we tend to connect extremely well with 4 other personality types, the INFPs, the ENFPs, the ENFJs, and the INFJs. (There's like 6 other good matches, but I'm going to discuss our very best matches.)

I believe that each and every INFP and their romantic needs are different from the next INFP. It's only natural that we all have different preferences. :) After studying the 4 above types, I've concluded that each of their personality traits can make one INFP happy while make another INFP not too happy. One INFP may want someone more outgoing, while another one wants someone more restrained, for example.

So without further do... Here is what I think:

• INFP- For those who want a very emotionally-charged romantic partner who is very dreamy and sentimental, another INFP is the way to go in my opinion. You two will spend hours upon hours talking about deep discussions and love the romantic side of the life; You two will no doubt be extremely sensitive to each others needs, and would write love letters to each other as well make little homemade gifts. For them, it is not money they want, but for the added thought and sentimentally. They will be surprised to see how easy their conversations with each other flow. They are each others twin souls, literally! For those who want a soft, sweet romance that will last a lifetime... I recommend the INFP.

• ENFP- For the socially-energized INFP who wants a partner who values the true meaning of happiness and having unadulterated fun, going for the ENFP would be a great idea. You two will have a blast together, but also hold a very deep bond that the world can't help but notice. You two have so much in common, can have deep discussions, and the next second get involve in a silly tickle fight together. ENFPs are said to be the least extroverted of the other extroverted personality types, which may be a good thing for the INFP who places great importance on spending time with people you love the most more than a bunch of strangers at a party. However, when they do go to parties, they will be the fun loving couple that people cannot help but envy them secretly. If you want an adorable, kid-at-heart partner, go for the ENFP!

• ENFJ- There are INFPs out there who may feel a little lost in life and love, and needs someone to help them guide them and teach them important lessons that can benefit them... This is where the ENFJ comes in to the rescue. INFPs who are more likely to respect and become swooned over leaders and authoritarians, will be extremely happy with dating an ENFJ. The ENFJ can help them come out of their shell, and the INFP can teach them some independence. What one lacks, the other gives it to them. ENFJs are super charming and charismatic, and INFP will feel a grand sense of luck that can't be denied. People will become extremely jealous of their super close bond and their amazing ability to open up to each other without hesitation. For the INFP who wants that super suave prince (or princess!) charming, the ENFJ just may be the ticket to your happiness.

• INFJ- Those who are typed as INFJs may be seem as poets or philosophers; Insightful, creative, visionary, idealistic, complex, and deep. For the INFP who wants an INFP partner without the tendencies to be late for dates or turn on the waterworks for small stuff, the INFJ may be the ones they are dreaming about. INFJs are usually quiet and thrive on being alone or with very close people in their lives, and have no time for big social events or going out every night; They are happy just staying home with their INFP darlings. INFP who are homebodies will find true happiness in this relationship, and the INFJ admires their insights on life and their sensitivity. The INFJ will try everything to keep their partner happy, and will do what they have to do to keep things running smoothly. The INFJ/INFP are like that of an old couple; Happily cooped up in their homes, sitting and smiling silently as one watches television and the other knitting a sweater. They are very comfortable with the silence they share.

Entirely all my honest assessment and opinions. With that shared, which one of the four above would you be the most happiest with, and why? (It's alright to choose more than one.)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I tend to be drawn to unhealthy INFJs; I think it's the nurturer in me and the part of me that recognizes qualities similar to my younger self, and wants to help. But, an ENFJ or ENTP would probably be most my speed at this point in my life. I need someone who is not afraid of socialization, someone who has a realistic view of the world, someone who is independent, someone who has leadership potential/qualities, and someone who has at least the same level of dominance/control/strength as I do.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Probably ENFJ. I like someone who may be more structured than myself but will only laugh at me and understand when I totally forget about appointments and randomly decide I want to go to Peru.
But honestly, I think I might prefer INTPs. Maybe.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm just now divorcing my wife who is an ENFJ. Despite things not working out, a lot of what was said in the first post rings true about her getting me out of my shell and teaching me some life lessons.

I think I'm leaning towards wanting a more typical ENFP, or someone who is sort of 50/50 on E/I and T/F now. I need someone who I can get really deep with, yet still go out and have a good time doing all sorts of adventurous things.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Isfj....... Ftw!
I have a huge crush on a possible ISFJ - she is so sweet and comforting it just warms my heart. Her voice is all soft, kind, feathery, and reassuring. She is super shy. The other day, someone was trying to talk to me, and I didn't even notice, I had zoned out. She said, in her super light voice, "It's okay, it happens to everyone." I didn't even feel embarrassed at all because of that. I just smiled and returned to my seat. :proud:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I have a huge crush on a possible ISFJ - she is so sweet and comforting it just warms my heart. Her voice is all soft, kind, feathery, and reassuring. She is super shy. The other day, someone was trying to talk to me, and I didn't even notice, I had zoned out. She said, in her super light voice, "It's okay, it happens to everyone." I didn't even feel embarrassed at all because of that. I just smiled and returned to my seat. :proud:
Yup. My ISFJ has an inner strength that is rock solid. If you get a chance to hook up with the ISFJ you speak of, I hope it really works da magic on you and makes you forget any other exists.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I seem to be the most attracted to the ENFJ's in real life, or that I attract most not sure which... but I would totally love to somehow snag an ENFP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't mind being with any of them, they all seem to have their own unique characteristics :happy:
but, i think i prefer ENFJs and ENFPs, because they take the INFPs out and teach them new things..
I'd love spending time alone with the INFJs at home, but too much of staying at home is boring..
and if two INFPs are together, i think that must means they're each other's ideal mate(do these couples exist?)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
After thinking for a long time about this I don't seem to be able to pick one.

To be honest I like them all. They all seam to be nice people or those who I have talked to and they all have different traits that attract me and stuff so I am not sure which one I would go with.

I might choose an ENFP but then again I am not sure, I have an ENFP friend who is lovely and we get along really well but I don't know. Oh well, I am fine with anyone of those. Can't choose, they all seem like a lovely people. The end. :proud:

Reactions: Sonne

·
Banned
295 Posts
I am madly in love with my ISFJ. He is gorgeous, sensitive, caring, mindful, strong, disciplined, spiritual, smart and oh so wise. I love this man. He is Mr. Perfect wrapped in a beautiful package solely for me and delivered by angels. :laughing: I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Very cute :happy: . Now I am going to offer slightly critical commentary.... :tongue:
Then I will reinforce it is cute, so you still feel good, because it legitimately is nicely thought out & expressed.

# ENFJ- There are INFPs out there who may feel a little lost in life and love, and needs someone to help them guide them and teach them important lessons that can benefit them... This is where the ENFJ comes in to the rescue. INFPs who are more likely to respect and become swooned over leaders and authoritarians, will be extremely happy with dating an ENFJ. The ENFJ can help them come out of their shell, and the INFP can teach them some independence. What one lacks, the other gives it to them. ENFJs are super charming and charismatic, and INFP will feel a grand sense of luck that can't be denied. People will become extremely jealous of their super close bond and their amazing ability to open up to each other without hesitation. For the INFP who wants that super suave prince (or princess!) charming, the ENFJ just may be the ticket to your happiness.
I don't know if I feel lost, but I do learn a lot from my ENFJ friends - mainly, how to express myself more, how to show when I care, etc. I can be quite guarded with my feelings & find them difficult to communicate, but interacting with ENFJs has shown me ways to express without being phone. I love that about them - they can be genuinely warm. I think both ENFJs & INFPs tend to lead by example, and they also tend to learn that way (by noting other people), so it can definitely be a win-win. The opening up part is the obstacle - getting an ENFJ to open up is hard. They can be masters at diverting attention away from themselves....

# INFJ- Those who are typed as INFJs may be seem as poets or philosophers; Insightful, creative, visionary, idealistic, complex, and deep. For the INFP who wants an INFP partner without the tendencies to be late for dates or turn on the waterworks for small stuff, the INFJ may be the ones they are dreaming about. INFJs are usually quiet and thrive on being alone or with very close people in their lives, and have no time for big social events or going out every night; They are happy just staying home with their INFP darlings. INFP who are homebodies will find true happiness in this relationship, and the INFJ admires their insights on life and their sensitivity. The INFJ will try everything to keep their partner happy, and will do what they have to do to keep things running smoothly. The INFJ/INFP are like that of an old couple; Happily cooped up in their homes, sitting and smiling silently as one watches television and the other knitting a sweater. They are very comfortable with the silence they share.
It's a slight pet peeve of mine that on these boards (& most MBTI boards), INFJs are simply seen as INFPs minus the flaws. INFJs can be very flawed. I don't find them any less sensitive than INFPs or any more insightful. It is a distinct personality (as each MBTI type is) with its own strengths & flaws, some of those similar to INFPs & some entirely different. INFPs are not flaky INFJs either! :angry: :laughing:

I do agree with the latter part of the paragraph - the pair would definitely be offbeat homebodies. :happy:

Oh yeah, and this was very cute - thanks for posting :wink: .

·
Banned
295 Posts
It's a slight pet peeve of mine that on these boards (& most MBTI boards), INFJs are simply seen as INFPs minus the flaws. INFJs can be very flawed. I don't find them any less sensitive than INFPs or any more insightful. It is a distinct personality (as each MBTI type is) with its own strengths & flaws, some of those similar to INFPs & some entirely different. INFPs are not flaky INFJs either! :angry: :laughing:
Boy oh boy do I agree. Very annoying. No one is perfect......no one.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Personal preference is other INFPs.

When I date, I typically look for what I call "hidden gems." These are the type of people that have felt overwhelming amounts of pressure throughout their lives which many people will fail to appreciate or seek to understand. Yet, if you look closely enough, you will see a faint glow. How does someone who has basically been buried under the Earth, still exhibit a form of silent brilliance? These people absolutely fascinate me.

So many people out there look for others who already stand out. You know, the ones that are noticeably attractive, perky, happy, and just create a vibe that warms everyone around them. It's as if the sun always follows them around, they have no baggage or problems whatsoever, or so it would seem. The people overly enthralled in these kind of people aren't necessarily dreamers, but rather delusional.

A hidden gem has the potential to be far more dazzling than their more noticeable counterparts. Through time, commitment, desire and trust, you will have something far better. You will have someone that resonates with your soul. A type of beauty that will always warm your heart and never allow you to stay upset or sad for long. These people not only put you in a trance of tranquility, but are also receptive to your thoughts and desires. As their confidence grows with your hand in theirs, people will start to take notice of them. People will admire them from a distance and may even try to take them away from you. Some will gather closer, as if warming their hands by a gentle fire. While this refined gem will soon garner the interest of the delusional people I mentioned previously, it will truly only resonate between you because of the bond you created. You will belong to each other forever.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts