• Chaotic Evil

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what you consider yourself paired with your MBTI. Try to have some fun with it.

Lawful: You follow rules and regulations. You follow some kind of code and prefer to do things the proper way. Order in things is important.
Neutral: Whatever suits you at the time for your goals you will be lawful or chaotic.
Chaotic: You do not like being told what to do. You like to do things on a whim and are generally anti-authority. You enjoy the freedom of being away from codes and rules.

Good: You find yourself to be morally acceptable. Anything you want to fall into this falls into this since it is a subjective evaluation. It is that you actively seek to be morally or ethically good.
Neutral: Good and evil don't concern you. Sometimes you could be considered good and sometimes you consider yourself evil.
Evil: You find yourself to be evil. Any reason you consider yourself evil is up to you whether you are a criminal or have whatever intentions that may be considered malicious.

I consider myself Lawful Good. INTJ.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
I test frequently as chaotic evil. I don't think I'm evil by any standard, though. I'd say I'm neutral, but VERY chaotic.

Reactions: T.K

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 (539) // IEI-Ni
4,105 Posts
Neutral Good sounds the most like me. (INFJ).

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,778 Posts
ENTJ, Lawful Neutral.

I wrote this years ago on the blog section, and it still applies...

---------------------------------------------

Unsurprisingly, I'm Lawful Neutral. I wasn't always, however. The "lawful" part of my alignment has been set in stone for at least 20 years now, while the other axis has shifted around a bit. I've been Lawful Good, and I remember how it was to think, feel, and live that way. I've also been Lawful Evil, and I can give you an insider's perspective on that, too.

The real differences are these:

Lawful Good is often more or less Lawful Codependent. (They'd bitch at me for saying so, but it's true.) You have the same concern with order, stability, and so on that typifies a Lawful alignment, but you are possessed with the near-ungovernable urge to use that to endlessly "help" (enable) misfit toys who just can't seem to get their shit together. Eventually, this degrades the system as a whole as resources are stretched past the breaking point, as well as leading to inevitable personal burnout. True, Lawful Good doesn't necessarily have to be Lawful Nice, but it so often degenerates to that.

Lawful Neutral is concerned with the stability of the system, full stop. They neither wish to enable the trashy behavior of misfit toys out of misguided pity, nor do they wish to take ruthless advantage of misfit toys or the system in pursuit of their own goals. Rather, they run damage control for the effects of fools, tools, and idiots on the system as a whole, in an attempt to preserve the system as a whole, as the aforementioned idiots invariably experience the natural consequences of their actions/self-destruct. :p

Lawful Evil upholds order primarily out of self-interest, and any greater moral convictions re: order are secondary. Order provides a stable backdrop and set of variables upon which one can pursue one's own ends, while helping to shield one from the depredations of others. Lawful Evil will take advantage, not only of the system as a whole, but of the fools/tools/misfit toys as well. While it is true that such people are usually good for nothing else from a pragmatic perspective, behaving in this manner only degrades the integrity of the system over the long term.

·
Registered
INTP 5w4 549 sp/sx
977 Posts
I like to think that I am Neutral Good, but it's more an accurate reflection of reality to say that I am True Neutral.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
I’m chaotic good. It’s the only thing I score on various tests consistently.

I believe my being chaotic good has actually been the root cause of most of my personal pain/tribulations in my life. I don’t mean that like ‘Victimy’. I mean it more so matter a fact. Same with my Enny 7w6.

Most of the time I have had dramatic things happen with my life pertaining to love, jobs, friends, family etc could have been avoided if I were instead either neutral good, lawful good, chaotic neutral,

I believe that chaotic goods are often those that do a kamikaze like move in life or are martyr. Chaotic goods I believe a lot of time probably are ESTP/ISTPs 7w6s.

I think Chaotic goods can often see who sells them out, who switches sides, who hides in the shadows etc. Actively as events take place. The problem is Chaotic good operates under the principle of the matter. Chaotic good isn’t likely to use self preservation strategies that many other alignments or enny do. And this IMO is why chaotic good ends up having turbulence.

Chaotic good I think are often who the people love to get behind when the goings good. And run and duck and switch sides when the going is bad.

Most people who are attracted to chaotic goods are attracted superficially. (Chaotic goods know this).

Ultimately chaotic good will still do what is right by their conscience not by the crowd, the law, or deviate outside their principle.

When I say all this I’m just speculating from my experience of what I think happens with this pairing.

When I speak to this turbulence with Chaotic good, I don’t mean that chaotic always has turbulence. We have times of peace and quiet and clarity too.

We are just probably the type most likely to hand someone the knife, the information, etc and test what they do with it. Chaotic good won’t fuck someone up (intentionally), until they’ve proven to misuse information, stab etc. Infact Chaotic goods may even still use someone whose proven themselves untrustworthy as a patsy rather than expose them. (Leading people to think a chaotic good cant see something).

Just to be clear I’m not saying chaotic good won’t go fuck some shit up. We do and will. But it’s after the village lights us on fire. Interestingly I think chaotic goods are villainized a lot in true society. Because it’s a misunderstood lot. We let a lot of people take their jabs, misportray, sell out and win battles so we can win the war. And because when we come back to win a war and are so silent with the BS it can upset a lot of people who never see it coming from us.

I do believe Chaotic good is a crap alignment. I’d rather be neutral good, or neutral.

·
Registered
ENTJ LSE
561 Posts
ENTJ. True neutral.

Not only by reading the descriptions, but years ago I got this result from some quizzes, and lately I took the test and got it again. I think it matches me.

I personally believe someone being good or bad really depends on the context they're inserted in (so, I consider myself neutral). As for laws: there are some great laws and some awful ones which weren't even supposed to exist lol. I like laws, rules and guidelines but not every single of them are what I consider necessary.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I follow laws and rules out of self-interest, some of them I agree with, many of them I do not. I believe in fewer rules. not more. 90 percent of the rules and laws can be done away with, and humanity would be better off and run much more efficiently. Still, though, some rules are necessary to keep everyone on the same page and to prevent chaos.

However, with fewer rules overall, the playing field is closer to being level for the disadvantaged to excel through their talent. Full compliance of every law and rule can be a time-consuming and expensive endeavor for some.

However, so long as there are rules, they need to be followed by everyone equally, especially those who create them. Aristocratic types must be held to a higher standard, but unfortunately, they rarely are...and this is where part of the problem lies.

Some laws are evil or can be used for evil purposes in the future. Evil in the form of law or rules, should not be enforced under any circumstance. But, how do you define evil? This has a wide interpretation and much is subjective. But, basically, I am not a big fan of the "just doing my job" excuse when I hear that. Where have we heard that before? hmmm

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629 sp/sx
1,881 Posts
INFP Neutral Good
I follow laws based on principles. I also break from following laws based on principles. Usually not.

·
Boaz & Jachin
Верховная Жрица ENTJ · LSE · VLEF
14,916 Posts
True Neutral. Te Dominant.

·
Registered
what you make me
176 Posts
Chaotic Neutral. I'm aiming to be Good though. INFP.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,774 Posts
ENTJ, Lawful Neutral.
I get the neutral part, but why lawful? I'm also ENTJ and I'd say neutral good. I use rules as I see fit, depending on my mood in the moment. I can close my eyes and pretend I didn't see something or I can bury someone in the worst bureaucracy ever. I tend to bend the rules for fun to serve my own aims.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts