Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started reading about socionics! I've determined that my type is most likely EII, first by doing a test that gave me that result, then reading about the information elements individually (socionics' Fi really stood out to me in a way that its Fe didn't) and the full description of EII which does seem to fit me very well. EII is called INFj, but that seems to correspond to Myers-Briggs INFP, some sources say. I'm sure I'm not an INFP though; I've been down that road before, and came out even more certain of my INFJness!

The description of EII sounds like what I'd associate with INFJ in many ways, but I'm curious about which of the types might be most common for INFJs. Is there a variety? Socionics seems to measure a different kind of thing, after all.

So yes! I'm curious about your type! I'd ask in the socionics forum, but I'm specifically interested in the types of INFJs.

(I just read about IEI to see how well that fits me, and while there are a lot of bits that did speak to me, it didn't have the 'wow, that's accurate!' feeling of EII. Fi in particular is something I could talk about all day, whereas I'd be much less interested in talking about intuition stuff or bonding with someone over that. I don't adapt to my surroundings or focus on lighthearted banter like it says IEI does.)

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
MBTI and socionics do not completely match, especially on their descriptions of Fe and Fi.

That being said, I am pretty sure I am IEI

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Strictly by dichotomy EII is INFj so that's more similar to the INFJ dichotomies. By functions, it's a totally unrelated story in a sense -- socionics F functions are pretty different, so pick what works best there.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I got EII.... the description fits me like a glove...
Very much the same for me, with EIE only fitting like a hand sock ;-)

·
Registered
457 Posts
EII here as well. Socionics Fi really stood out to me as the center of my being in a way that MBTI Ni doesn't.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EII here as well. Socionics Fi really stood out to me as the center of my being in a way that MBTI Ni doesn't.
I got that feeling myself as well. Socionics actually seems like it could be more appealing to me for that reason! INFJ always appealed to me more for its F part than its N part.

Reactions: Random Ness

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't spent a lot of time with socionics because of the differences. I am definitely an IEI in socionics (INFp).

I'm also not convinced that every personality relationship type behaves the same way across types. I'm not convinced that an ESTJ-ESTJ relationship would mirror an INFJ-INFJ relationship. However, I haven't spent enough time studying it to say that with certainty.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I think this might be helpful:

Introduction to

Introverted ethics is an introverted, rational, and static information element. It is also called Fi, R, relational ethics, or white ethics. Fi is generally associated with the ability to gain an implicit sense of the subjective 'distance' between two people, and make judgments based off of said thing. Types with valued Fi strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with their friends and family. They value sensitivity to others' feelings, and occasionally will make their innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others.Also, these types convey emotions in terms of how they were affected by something (such as "I did not like that"), rather than an extroverted ethics (Fe) approach that would describe the object itself without clear reference to the subject involved (such as "That sucked"). Much of their decisions are based on how they themselves, or others in relation to them personally, feel in contrast to considering how "the big picture" is affected (such as groups of people).- See more at: Socionics Information Elements: Fi
Fi in INFj
Fi as Leading Function

The individual sees reality primarily through static personal ethics and stable interpersonal bonds between individuals, including himself, where the status of such interpersonal bonds is determined by his personal ethics. The individual is very confident in evaluating the ethical or moral qualities, and their consistency, of other people. This makes the individual seem "judgemental" or "self-righteous" to people less so inclined. If he has difficulty in deciding the status of a personal relationship, he will take action to try to reach a conclusion but if that continues to elude him, he will regard the relationship as not worth it. His own sense of constancy in personal ethics and in his relationships with others is a very strong factor in his sense of self-worth. Fi in this position implies the ability to almost instantly recognize whether someone is a friend or an enemy, whether they are demonstrating good will or ill will, and whether they are drawn to or repelled by the individual.
Fi in INFp:
Fi as Ignoring Function

This is manifested as a skepticism about, or reluctance to decide on, the status of a deeper personal bond in a relationship between two individuals in the absence of signs in external emotional expression that should reflect that status. For instance, the individual will be inclined to regard as "loveless" or lukewarm the relationship of a couple who do not obviously display their mutual affection and remain rather subdued in their emotions in the presence of others. The individual understands discussions or explorations of one's own inner feelings regarding other individuals but finds them less interesting and relevant than those focusing on one's emotional state in the same situation.- See more at: Socionics Information Elements: Fi
Ni in socionics:
Introduction to

Introverted intuition is an introverted, irrational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Ni, T, temporal intuition, or white intuition. Ni is generally associated with the ability to recognize the unfolding of processes over time (how one event leads to another), have visions of the past and future, develop mental imagery, and see intangible hints of relationships between processes or objects. Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect.- See more at: Socionics Information Elements: Ni
Ni in INFp:
Ni as Leading Function

As a base function, Ni generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his or her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with leading Ni may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he or she lacks the usual prerequisite experience. However, this may also become a disadvantage if the person ignores real data about the world too much. The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events.- See more at: Socionics Information Elements: Ni
Ni in INFj:
Ni as Ignoring FunctionThe individual thoroughly understands discussions and arguments focused on following present trends into the future and their possible implications, as well as on exploring one specific imaginative vision of personal meaning, but he much prefers to explore many possibilities, starting from a present point in time and reality, rather than to concentrate on just a few specific visions or trends.- See more at: Socionics Information Elements: Ni
IEI

Description of The IEI

Ego block

Introverted Intuition (Ni,
)

IEIs typically have richly developed mental landscapes. They are highly attuned to trends, patterns, and conceptual connections of past behaviors, experiences, relationships, and their role in the world. They are often highly reflective and imaginative, and the fantastic tendencies of IEIs are often vivid and complex. Many IEIs find an inner calling to express their unique perspectives, and often find ways to make use of a myriad of expressive forms, sometimes including poetry, novels, storytelling, photography, or other media.IEIs may also demonstrate their phrenic activities by assessing connections, patterns, and implications of events in their experience, often with a human slant. They may seek to understand the dynamics and mechanisms of people, groups, relationships, situations, or experiences. They make judgments and assessments of others based on past trends and behaviors and seek to explain what makes others tick.IEIs not infrequently may appear to tend to exhibit a mystical and intangible quality to their insights, and may base their ideas on observations that are not readily apparent to others. This causes the ideas of IEIs to be sometimes frustrating and confusing for more practically minded individuals. IEIs sometimes exacerbate this problem by getting lost in their thoughts, and are often prone to having difficulty expressing their inner perceptions to others effectively.Often IEIs exhibit a dreamy and gentle demeanor. They can come across as fickle, indecisive and vapid, and their fantasies can be often esoteric; they often may seem idealistic and focused on unrealistic or other-worldly utopias. They also can demonstrate a lack of attentiveness to daily affairs, and sometimes a generally withdrawn, inactive deportment. At the same time, they sometimes can be prophetic, prescient, and profound in their visions, and sometimes reflect a far more rebellious, aggressive, or outspoken demeanor.
Extroverted Ethics (Fe,
)

IEIs naturally conceptualize the people around them in terms of the emotional energy that they give off, and the way that they interact with the mood and energy around them. They are often especially sensitive to how others around them react to their own energy.IEIs are generally very sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around them. They are often good at recognizing and influencing the moods of others, and at communicating the depth of their feelings or experiences. They tend to be adept at reading the reactions that others have to them and are often quick to make use of emotional cues in interaction. They frequently feel a need to look after the mood of those around them, and characteristically seek to awaken or innerve others' emotional energy. They may exhibit a propensity for good-natured, friendly, lighthearted banter and try to promote good will and inclusiveness. On the other hand, IEIs can also direct their emotional influence through a mode of expression that limits their affable levity; they may take on a formal, toxic, serious, or even shock-jock emphasis as situations require.IEIs may feel the need to express the nature of their inimitable mental landscape and insights, and may feel a greater calling to make a difference in the lives of others. This is often manifest by championing intellectual, moral, social, or personal causes. IEIs may feel strongly about these types of causes and some may expend considerable effort towards expressing their avidity towards them, even posing toxic criticism to those that do not share these deep moral callings. However, many other IEIs may lack the impulse or motivation to take this type of action at all.The emotional energy of IEIs can sometimes appear restless, moody, or gregarious, but much of the time it is inwardly-focused and self-contained. IEIs are often highly introspective and often have a rich and vibrant array of emotional experiences, which they may dwell over and seek to display to others.

Super-ego block

Introverted Sensing (Si,
)

IEIs often exhibit a modest lack of attention to their surrounding physical environment. Often IEIs will place some attention to their physical comfort and physical needs, but are not always aware of the extent of their importance. Though some IEIs may place an extensive focus on their appearance, in the interest of producing an emotional affect (ie seeming elegant, unique, unusual, attractive, or otherwise), most IEIs pay little attention to their surroundings and may persist in disorganized or disheveled living conditions. They may have varyingly large or minimal appreciation for aesthetic concerns, and may range from squalor to a mildly obsessive zeal with regards to their aesthetic preferences.IEIs may be overly diffident about matters pertaining to their health. Overall, they may have difficulty interpreting the signals of the body and may be inclined to focus excessively on them, possibly leading to alarmist self-diagnoses. They may perceive caring for one's body as a chore rather than a fulfilling activity.

Extroverted Logic (Te,
)

When confronted with a large body of factual information with which they are unacquainted, IEIs will often hesitate and refrain from saying anything so as to avoid appearing unknowledgeable or potentially embarrassing themselves. They may feel threatened and vacillate if pressured into producing critical evaluations of factual information or statistics; they may feel as though they do not know what to do with this type of information, and often prefer to rely on their internal conceptual framework use their understanding of the relevant processes to evaluate a situation. They may also be wary of basing their beliefs or actions on facts from outside sources, instead preferring to rely on their own insights. These behaviors can sometimes lead to confusion and lack of clarity, as they may have difficulty clearly explaining and underscoring the information pertinent their ideas.They are often unconcerned with optimizing productivity or efficiency. They may generally try to avoid evaluating cost-effectiveness of resources, and are often not apt at making such discriminations. They may see persons who focus extensively on practical matters as boring and inanimate. They deeply dislike and can avoid tedious and disinteresting tasks that involve attention to detail and pragmatic focus, such as managing one's finances. They usually are exhausted by these tasks; they have no interest in and little idea how to do them, and often find it difficult to focus. They may be petulant and unresponsive in encounters with individuals who try to mobilize them into productive tasks, and may feel that such individuals are bossy and contemptible.They may seem overly dreamy, lost in their own enterprises, and generally oblivious to the nature of the mundane tasks that surround them.

Super-id block

Extroverted Sensing (Se,
)

IEIs are often relatively inactive and indecisive. Many IEIs may be relatively immobile and hesitant to interact with the outside world. IEIs can withdraw from action in many social or working situations, and may come across as inhibited or shy. They may feel as though trapped in their own thoughts and dreams. Some IEIs, however, are generally less reclusive and more comfortable in social situations, but even they may feel as observers and unable to mobilize themselves spontaneously.IEIs may tend to be stimulation seekers. This does not necessarily mean that they seek to surround themselves with alcohol, members of the opposite sex, and debauchery, but rather that they often seek some form of mental, social, or other stimulus. Often, however, they are not very skilled at spontaneous self-stimulation. They may seek to reproduce previous mental themes or past experiences and may have a deliberate, deadbeat attitude towards new events. They tend to only escape this cycle of inertia when impelled by another with stronger initiative. Some IEIs may be especially prone to enjoy such adventuresome sensations as lighthearted mischief or playful aggression.IEIs tend to have indecisive or even fickle air about them, and often give others the impression that they do not know exactly what they want. They have a tendency to vacillate on important decisions or establish clear goals in situations with some ambiguity. In the presence of others who make decisions quickly and assertively, the determinations of others may be accepted easily and relieve the IEI's confusion.IEIs tend to admire and gravitate towards individuals who are decisive, assertive, and inclined to energically defend their beliefs and opinions in discussions with others. Conversely, they tend to show little interest in individuals who they see as lacking those qualities.

Introverted Logic (Ti,
)

IEIs often have a keen interest in interpreting their surroundings in terms of logical categories. They may be drawn to descriptive logical systems and models, which ground IEIs' oft-scattered thought processes and help them to focus on somewhat more tangible ideas. IEIs' often exhibit a tendency to organize their thoughts in a deliberate, methodical manner -- though they rarely are inclined to regiment their lives in this way, their ideas are often subject to systemic associations, sometimes extensively so.IEIs may tend to brood and dubitate over logical categories rather than generate their own; their intellectual musings are often more observational, causal, and open-ended than those of Ti ego types. IEIs' insights are highly internal, and frequently prove difficult to disambiguate and elucidate properly. They may be inclined to circumlocutory tangents and lengthy illustrations that fail to address the intended point completely, sometimes presenting information in an overly vague and ambiguous manner. Many IEIs do not naturally think in a structured fashion, and the introduction of clarity and consistency helps to organize and refocus their jumbled cogitations.Many IEIs suffer from hesitation and uncertainty about the ultimate accuracy of their views. They also may be inclined to assimilate information indiscriminately from an eclectic and sometimes unreliable range of sources, which can in the long run serve to further their confusion. They appreciate a sense of certainty in others; they may appreciate the unfailing assuredness of the beliefs of their SLE duals, whose tenacity and confidence free them from their plaguing doubts.

Id block

Extroverted Intuition (Ne,
)

IEIs are capable of generating a large number of possibilities and ideas, but are likely to view such an exercise with disinterest as opposed to their more natural process of developing explanatory insights about the dynamics of a situation. They may be inclined to continually revisit and expand upon or better organize their existing areas of intellectual interest or mental concoctions instead of moving on to new ideas.

Introverted Ethics (Fi,
)

IEIs not uncommonly apply their cogitations to topics pertaining to morality, ethics, and relationships. They have a strong understanding of the breadth of their inner emotional responses and dispositions to others. However, they may be inclined to treat their internal ethical sentiments somewhat passively; instead they are often more concerned with the energy and emotional responses of others around them. They are more interested in the dynamism of their emotional surroundings and often are inclined to adapt their behavior or even their persona to fit the situation.- See more at: Socionics Types: IEI-INFp

EII:

Description of The EII

Ego block

Introverted Ethics (Fi,
)

EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction and to their own feelings towards people and things. They treasure deep feelings of attachment and strive to deepen emotional bonds between people and harmonize relationships. When those people that the EII is close to suffer emotionally, the EII will do everything in her power to raise the emotional condition in the individual, often at the EII's expense.EIIs are very capable of "sizing people up". They rely heavily on their instincts to understand the inner feelings of an individual. They are very empathetic people and find it very easy to feel with others. This makes them very sensitive to the moods of people, and they treat them the way they want to be treated, that is, with respect.

Extroverted Intuition (Ne,
)

EIIs have a natural understanding of people's inner makeup and see what can be done with that makeup to bring them closer to ideals. EIIs have a very well-developed view of what people and relationships should be like and are able to help others reach those ideals.EIIs understand people very well. They often give good advice, and have a strong understanding of the inner workings of even the most complicated minds. They have well developed ideas concerning ideal emotional states for individuals, and always have advice as to how an individual can reach that ideal.One of the largest complaints of EIIs revolve around the idea of "wasted potential." A lot of their neuroses, and "drive," come from fears that they are not achieving the maximum possible ideal in a certain field or area of life. Unlike IEEs, though, EIIs consider "leveraging potential" more in terms of depth - mastery of one or several specific areas - rather than breadth.

Super-ego block

Introverted Logic (Ti,
)

EIIs are not easily able to abstract themselves from the human dimension and apply "cold" logic. When they try to do this, they easily become unsure if their reasoning is correct. EIIs feel that not everything can be classified under the system since everything has its unique individual attributes.

Extroverted Sensing (Se,
)

EIIs are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them. They can be passive and self-absorbed, often preferring to wait for things to happen rather than make them happen. As such, they tend to have quite a number of lost opportunities. To a certain extent, EIIs can be oblivious to hints from someone who is romantically interested in them. Therefore, this gives the other party the wrong impression that they are not interested in them.Outsiders often think the EII is oblivious to reality because they will often neglect basic needs. Although it is by no means necessary, this may also manifest itself as a general rejection or aversion to violence or force as a means or way of life.

Super-id block

Extroverted Logic (Te,
)

EIIs have a great admiration for people who are able to get things done neatly and efficiently in the outside world. They themselves consistently forget to consider whether their activities are actually achieving their intended goal, whether their time spent is bringing worthy proceeds, and whether their activities are organized in the most rational way. They subconsciously expect and appreciate it when others take interest in the effectiveness of their activities and helps to take an objective look at what they are doing.EIIs are usually very curious and thirsty for information. When they have an interest in a particular topic or subject, they will try their best to read anything and everything about it in order to gain a thorough understanding. They are willing to listen to anyone who is knowledgeable or has a brilliant idea to share regardless of whether that individual is an expert or authority in his/her field since they strongly believe that there are many perspectives in an issue.

Introverted Sensing (Si,
)

EIIs tend to build up stress related to their work-related activities and go overboard in their attempt to be exemplary at work and in all other areas of life. They need people and situations to help them relax and take it easy and forget about their idealism for a while to just enjoy the moment as it is. EIIs can be prone to laziness and always seek the most convenient way in doing things. Moreover, rather than prioritizing their tasks based on their level of urgency or/and importance, they prefer to complete the tasks based on their liking and at their own pace. When they are preoccupied with a hobby, they tend to lose track of time and can be late with their appointments with others. As a result, they don't really have good time management skills.

Id block

Extroverted Ethics (Fe,
)

EIIs can become expressive and very lively in groups for brief periods of time, but they always gravitate to deep, focused communication between two people or a small, close-knit group. They tend to shun wildness and prefer serious, more sensitive communication.EIIs are usually very straightforward about their feelings in front of others; what you see from them is what you get. Even at a party where everyone is supposed to be happy, they still find it hard to conceal their true feelings when they are in a bad mood. This can create distaste among the rest who feel that the EII is not cooperating by contributing to the positive and boisterous mood. This tends to lead others who don't know the EII well to have a misconception that he/she is a grouchy person by nature.

Introverted Intuition (Ni,
)

The individual is quite adept at following discussions on the developments of present trends into the future and at contributing to them on occasion if he feels so inclined, but he does not take that as seriously compared to investigating possibilities in the areas he is interested in at present. He usually dismisses supernatural claims as being silly, wishful thinking, unless they happen to be related to the very specific religion he feels inclined to believe in and which he may be inclined to make part of his leisure activities.The individual is also not naive to future happenings. He will often warn others of negative consequences. In this way, he uses his Ni to help the PoLR of his dual. However, unlike an EIE, he will not often take his own advice nor expect others to. His Se PoLR makes it impossible for him to demand that others heed his advice, and his Ne-ego makes him place more value in the possibility that he is wrong - and that things will play out differently - than in avoiding foreseeable disasters.- See more at: Socionics Types: EII-INFj

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are the descriptions that I used when learning about socionics and choosing my type, so I'd also recommend other people look into them! The socionics Fi description really strongly resonated with me, and all the functions in EII seemed to fit too (especially with Se being in the vulnerable position; Se is the (socionics) function I do hate the most).

It was really useful because I know a person who's INFP who I feel I can relate to... but not really, and we seem to disagree about a lot in ways that aren't covered by MBTI. She's IEI and I'm EII, though, and reading descriptions of those, AND the description of how those types interact with eachother, was really eye-opening because of how accurate it was. It's shed light on so much!

I'd strongly encourage other people to read about socionics because of how useful it can be! No less than Myers-Briggs!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Those are the descriptions that I used when learning about socionics and choosing my type, so I'd also recommend other people look into them! The socionics Fi description really strongly resonated with me, and all the functions in EII seemed to fit too (especially with Se being in the vulnerable position; Se is the (socionics) function I do hate the most).

It was really useful because I know a person who's INFP who I feel I can relate to... but not really, and we seem to disagree about a lot in ways that aren't covered by MBTI. She's IEI and I'm EII, though, and reading descriptions of those, AND the description of how those types interact with eachother, was really eye-opening because of how accurate it was. It's shed light on so much!
But if you agree that you are using FiNe, why does your profile say INFJ?? FiNe and NiFe couldn't be more different :rolleyes:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But if you agree that you are using FiNe, why does your profile say INFJ?? FiNe and NiFe couldn't be more different :rolleyes:
This is a thread about socionics, and I was talking about socionics Fi there. I have socionics Fi and MBTI Fe, which seem to be quite different. My Myers-Briggs type is INFJ (Ni-Fe), but my sociotype is EII or INFj (Fi-Ne).

This is also the second post I've written today based around this Fe/Fi confusion! I really wish the two systems wouldn't use the same terms for entirely different things!

From what I gather, the different F functions are something like:

MBTI Fi: Subjective judgements directed at the self, sentiments would most likely be kept to oneself.

MBTI Fe: Subjective judgements directed towards the outer world, sentiments more likely to be expressed.

Socionics Fi: A preference for deep and serious conversations and a strong value placed on personal ethics; strong empathy for others, a tendency to judge emotional 'distance' between yourself and others. A focus on single, deep bonds.

Socionics Fe: The desire to maintain positive feelings for the group, a preference for lighthearted, fun behaviour that doesn't delve too deeply. Wanting to get everyone involved, maintaining a good mood, keeping things light. Sympathy, rather than empathy. A focus on wider bonds with the group. Boisterous parties would be full of socionics Fe.

Some descriptions of INFJ (MBTI type) describe them as having a sort of 'motherly' role that makes them look after people and go out of their way to make them happy... I could never relate to that, despite relating strongly to INFJ as a whole, and I think that socionics explains why. Those INFJs are probably IEIs, using socionics Fe, while I as an EII use socionics Fi, and prefer to have deeper, meaningful conversations one-on-one. I'm certainly aware of the emotional atmosphere around me, but I don't go out of my way to make sure everyone's happy or anything.

So yes! Fe Fi Fi Fe! Confusing! Useful!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This is a thread about socionics, and I was talking about socionics Fi there. I have socionics Fi and MBTI Fe, which seem to be quite different. My Myers-Briggs type is INFJ (Ni-Fe), but my sociotype is EII or INFj (Fi-Ne).

This is also the second post I've written today based around this Fe/Fi confusion! I really wish the two systems wouldn't use the same terms for entirely different things!
Sorry, I just don't get it. It's like saying "I have blue eyes in Germany, but here in Italy they're black". Either they're blue or they're black, right?? This was a horribly stupid analogy, but the idea is there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, I just don't get it. It's like saying "I have blue eyes in Germany, but here in Italy they're black". Either they're blue or they're black, right?? This was a horribly stupid analogy, but the idea is there.
Socionics and Myers-Briggs don't measure the same things. Myers-Briggs is an 'input-processing' system, how we handle information, whereas socionics is an 'input-output' system, specifically based around interactions with other people. (Just as the enneagram is a drive-fears system, meaning that an INFJs in MBTI terms can have a variety of enneatypes.) It uses the same terminology as Myers-Briggs to describe different things (confusingly!). It also calls its 'feeling' functions 'ethics' though, so maybe it'd be clearer to say that, for example, I as an INFJ have 'extraverted feeling', but as an EII I have 'introverted ethics'? Something like that?

It's the same for all the sociology functions, too. They're similarish to MBTI functions, but not exactly the same. For example, Se in MBTI is based around a strong affinity for the physical environment, whereas Se in socionics is specifically about forceful assertiveness (or something). So someone with low Se in MBTI might be 'detached from the world' or clumsy or something, while someone with low Se in socionics would dislike pushing others around. It's using the same terms for different concepts.

This website describes the socionics functions (called 'information elements'... sometimes), and you can see that there's some overlap with the MBTI ones, but mostly they're measuring different things that are specifically related to interaction with other people.

There's also a PersonalityCafe thread that specifically compares MBTI and sociology functions, which is quite interesting and useful, I think!

I can't really relate to MBTI's Fi much as my subjective judgements aren't directed inwards, and I freely express my sentiments. However, the way in which I express them is very much in line with socionics' sombre, deep, one-on-one Fi, and not its boisterous, shallow, fun Fe.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've tested as both EII and IEI in socionics but I think I'm IEI. It's hard to say, I think I can kind of relate to both but looking at the functions breakdown I relate more to IEI. Especially the idea that Se is my "dual-seeking" function. I'm not really interested in people who have great organizational skills and practicality (Te), instead prefering people who can be insightful as to how things work (Ti) and have that kind of assertiveness or energy to them (Se). I might have to read more about socionics, though.

Reactions: Dewymorning

·
Registered
800 Posts
@Vanishing Point The part in the Ni Subtype that says "Prone to emanate sadness masked in sardonic irony" is SO true for me. I've also noticed that, depending on the mood, if you just joke about your own problems as if you weren't taking them seriously you are distancing yourself from them and you avoid becoming too emotional about it.
The Fe subtype sounds like what I am in a particular state of mind. But it sounds too charismatic to be my typical self lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts