Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As iNtuitive people, we sometimes just know the answer. We don't know how, but it's there. Most of the time, we get our answer from the grace of thoughts linking together, jumping from one train of thought to another at blinding speeds until they reach a destination we'd have never known about if we were actively looking for it. Sometimes, however, we can catch brief glimpses of this odd process, usually after we've reached the conclusion and start retracing our steps to figure out how we got there in the first place.

For example:

One of my strangest iNtuitive leaping sessions was...fun, to say the least. I was trying to remember a song by "The Eagles." My mind jumped from there to "Theodore" to "theory" to "mythology" to "dragon" to "dracorex" to "limericks" to "soliloquy" to "Shakespeare" to "Othello" to "Desdemona" and finally, to "Desperado." It took around five minutes to get there...it was one of those annoying moments when it was standing there in the doorway, but just wouldn't come out to play. I'm still not 100% certain how everything linked together (namely the steps that occurred between the ones I've listed here), but hey. Whatever gets the job done, right?

Bonus Round: The most embarrassing iNtuitive leap I can remember ended with me blurting out "Man, I love chocolate pie" in the middle of class. It was 8th grade physical science, we were discussing soil erosion. Soil erosion reminded me off crumbled up Oreos. Crumbled up Oreos were the topping of my favorite dessert (Oreo chocolate cream pie). That pie reminded me of so many other chocolate pies (chocolate silk, double dark, chocolate chip...)......which led to my declaration. And my teacher's irritation. She made me explain myself in front of the class, which was hell, considering I have a hard time speaking in front of a group, much less a class of 25 kids all snickering (as if they didn't have enough ammunition to make fun of me with...)

Care to share any of your own odd iNtuitive leaps?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hmm...I've had quite a few.

But one time I remember: my friends and I were playing pictionary. I think I'm an alright artist in the right context, but not a context such as this one. We were all abysmal at drawing the prompts and my partner was no exception. So he drew a rectangle with a short line coming out the back end of it, and out of nowhere, my brain pulled up a word I hadn't used or even thought of since childhood: caboose! And I was right!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Take my SN for example:
"Spiffy"= stole from a buddy back in my runescape days....
"Mooge" = I was playing fiestaonline (some korean turned english mmorpg) and I wasnt to make a mage but spiffymage just sounded lame and I was drinking milk when I was pondering this and I remembered all the cow levels I had played in D2 and I just started laughing because the cows just moo-ed a lot when they attack or die, etc. So here I am, just laughing and mooing in my head. And I was like here. Mage + Moo = Mooge. I'm Spiffymooge the fabulous bovine mage. FUCK YEAH!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Okay this sounds weird but when I'm intuitive, I automatically come off as "psychic" to other people. HAHA. But anyway,

this one time, these bunch of guys came over to my friend's place while I was over and they were hanging out. There were three guys but one of them came off as shady to me. We spoke for a little bit (Mr. Shady) and I learned 2 new information about him. Based on that, I concluded that he was a guy who abused the fact that he was white to get what he wanted (I live in an Asian country and over here, it's a big deal to be white.) and that he was the last person you'd want to trust.

A few month goes by and I no longer see or hear from him. My friend then told me that he got deported because he fucked up with some gangs over here. Also, he steals from girls he seduces lol.

So yeah, that was strange but it did the job.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I concluded that he was a guy who abused the fact that he was white to get what he wanted (I live in an Asian country and over here, it's a big deal to be white.) and that he was the last person you'd want to trust.
Really? May I ask which Asian country is this? I'm Chinese, and in China money is king and race is used to judge people via stereotypes. White people are just assumed to be foreigners which is true most of the time.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Really? May I ask which Asian country is this? I'm Chinese, and in China money is king and race is used to judge people via stereotypes. White people are just assumed to be foreigners which is true most of the time.
Malaysia. Ahaha, a lot of things are king here and one of them being your race, if you're lucky enough to be that particular race.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts