Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you come up with your username and what, if anything, does it mean to you?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
My friend had a dream that I was a baby unicorn last year. Thus, I am BUtheBabyUnicorn, just because I'm kind of odd like that.
But that same friend has been kind of bullying me (or rather, projecting her frustration onto me, more likely) as of late, so I kind of want to change it.
I can never come up with "deep" usernames.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts

Actually, not really.
Just google aef823, it's the hex code for the color of some necklace thing my girlfriend gave.
Of course it's long gone, it was one of the thingies I exchanged when I was being blackmailed, not the recent one, the other one.
While you're there google aef8234 I guess.

·
Banned
2,728 Posts
Been told by my psychiatrist that I have an extreme god complex.. I dont see her anymore.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
quintessentially insecure, neurotic, gullible, dimwitted, otherwise, moronic.

stuck with me since grade school. true story.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I didn't know what I wanted my username to be, but I was watching "Doctor Who" when I made my account so I took "Starship UK" from the episode because I liked the name.

It kind of works for me because I'm frequently "off in space" somewhere in my mind, and I do love British television/literature.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It is an acknowledgement to the idea that everything has been said and done before. Years ago I posted heavily on my local city's newspaper site. The same incorrect and loosely fact holding arguments came from the posters story after story, and after nearly perfecting my counterpoints it just kinda stuck as a hobby and name. I go back to that page sometimes, but the extensive banner ads, pop-ups, and page load times keep me away for the most part.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I wanted Akira or Strider. Both were taken. Then thought about an anagram of my real name... couldn't come up with anything interesting enough and I wanted to post, so my birth year comes to the rescue.

Lame I know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It was back when Arkham Asylum was just about to be released and I was nerd raging at how Harley Quinn's outfit did not look like Harley Quinn's outfit. This was also the same time where I wanted to change the usernames of all my accounts for everything, so nerd rage plus the desire for a name change created the name Haquin, but then I thought "what if people figured out what that name was referencing?" So I changed the "H" to a "K," and thus Kaquin was born.

Of course this is just a backup name for when my regular handle is taken, which it usually is. Usually I try to snag the username "Kino" which is the main protagonist of the anime Kino's Journey but alas...

·
Registered
72 Posts
My username has been a running inside joke between me and my friend. Whenever she got mad she would always say, "I want to kill something!" And then somewhere in my mind I'd wonder what exactly she would want to kill. Sometimes she answers that for me.
"I want to kill.. babies!" <--- seemed a little too sadistic.
"I want to kill.. your face!" <--- 'killingyourface' doesn't have much of a ring to it. Lol.
"I want to kill.. bunnies!"

It just seemed perfect.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I usually keep similar usernames for most of my accounts for everything. But I got tired of my old one. So one day, I decided to go on an adventure to find a new one. I decided I wanted it to be something from another language. Something with askew (improper usage of 'askew?')letters, like X or Z. So I googled french words with the letter "X" in them. And I found a word I liked. And it became my username forever. The end.

Honestly, I don't know if anyone else likes it, but I've grown attached to it. The English meaning is rather ironic in my opinion, as it's something fairly opposite of what I am.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's an oxymoron, I love them. Also, I've been told that it suits me by a friend.. and I liked it so, yea.

Reactions: qingdom

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a cherry blossom tattoo which I love. I picked cherry blossoms because in Japan they symbolise the transient nature of life, and in China they symbolise feminine beauty and strength.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I don't know. I signed up using Facebook because I thought the Sign-Up process would be too lengthy or whatever. My name means Lord Shiva or the Third Eye of Shiva and he is the God of Hashish. Yeah, I know.

@Promethea, is there a way I can separate my account from Facebook? I think I can only login using the Facebook button. o_O I'd change my Forum name then.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts