Personality Cafe banner

Your Very First Mobile Phone

[Generation Y] 
16K views 164 replies 159 participants last post by  Manhu 
#1 ·
My very first mobile phone is Botch and i really cant remember its unit, its a 2 liner sms and have really long battery life... after that i bought a nokia 5110 then 3310 when it was release in the market...

#100 ·
I think I had the same phone, but it was in college. I *gasp* didn't have a cellphone in high school, since they cost money. This was about the time they started ripping out payphones too. I always felt they should have been converted into slot machines.

#3 ·
Funny as,
My FIRST phone was a phillips savvy given to me by a bf when i was about 14....circa year 2000...
After that it was 5110 followed by 3310 then 3315 then i can remember what they look like but cant remember the numbers...always nokia's, had about 4 or 5 after the 3315...
now im a proud HTC owner :)

#7 ·
An ancient Sagem... was kind of cool at that time. Had a blue baclkight , that's what I remember :D

#8 ·
My first was a Samsung something or other in 2002. I had to pay $600 for a deposit because I didn't have any credit established, and I didn't want to use my parents' credit; I wanted to do it by myself (this was especially smart of me to do that the week before christmas). It was a flip phone with a blue backlight and that thing lasted forever.

#9 ·
Chocolate phone that dark red color, love of my life but it died last year so now I have a android

#11 ·
Mine was some kind of Verizon phone.

#15 ·
My first phone was an Ericsson (long before Sony came along), it had a two line display and was (I think) the first phone to feature customisation - there was a panel surrounding the keypad and screen that could be swapped out for a different coloured one :crazy:

I've guessed all the model numbers I can but can't find a picture :mellow:

#16 ·
it was a little Samsung plastic-y flip phone. no camera, barely had picture messaging. it was a really sturdy phone. got it in about...2005? Unfortunately, after about having it for about 2 years, my mom washed it in the machine. It worked a little bit after that, but the screen was pretty much gone, and then it completely died a month later.

#19 ·
I had that same type of Sony Ericson which musique247 mentioned. I remember mine was green and it was massive. I remember i lost it when I accidentally dropped it overboard when I was on a friend's boat.

My uncle had mobile phones much earlier. He started out in the days of the kermit phone which you could only use at home or near a gas station with a transmitter.
Later on he changed to the very first true mobile phone network system which preceded the GSM system. Those phones were twice as big as my Sony Ericsson.

#20 ·
My first phone was the luxurious Fusic. The hidden fees that came with that phone were absolutely scrumptious and the beautiful interface put a smile on my face every time I flipped it open.

..-sarcasm-
and then..some -nostalgia-

#22 ·
A Nokia 3210. I love Snake.

#25 ·
Mine was some Ericsson T10? I don't know, it was some sort of mini-brick with that plasticky cover that closes the keypad. I got it when I was 9 back in 2003, because I wanted to be like the cool guy in Air Force One whipping their cell phones in the crisis. The Ericsson looked very much like those baddies' phones they used in Air Force One.

#26 ·
I was 11 and demanded to inherit my mother's worn out mobile phone. It felt like a necessity as I was approaching the age of 12: my gosh, another expression of "maturity"! I was intrigued by the fantasy of having a private phoning device and didn't even use it that much. It reminds me of my unexplainable joy for the Tamagotchi, Tetris, even Furby FFS... And I still like Nintendo! For its Brain Teaser game that is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.