Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your view on homosexuality? Are you for or against? What are your reasons behind this?

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
It doesn't bother me in the least. I don't understand why it upsets other people. I have quite a few gay friends. I don't understand why it bothers other people so much to the point where they deem it as "wrong". I certainly don't remember choosing to be heterosexual.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I'm fine with people living however they want to, as long as they aren't oppressing others. I am for gay/lesbian rights. I think they should be allowed to marry and they should be allowed to adopt as long as they meet the required criteria (equal criteria for a hetero couple).

I do get annoyed with the catty gay men, but I can't stand catty women either so it goes hand in hand :)

Quick story: I was at a local attraction a few mos. ago and I saw a gay couple with 2 adopted boys...the boys were of a different race and the boys called both of the men Dad. I was moved deeply by what I saw...these men who seemed very loving and proud made a difference in those boys lives. I looked at the happy, clean, well nourished boys and thought to myself "who would rather those boys live as custody of the state over being a part of this seemingly loving family?". I looked at the boys (who statistically are the least likely to be adopted and usually spend their entire lives living in the loveless system) and saw two boys who were given a chance at a happy, loving upbringing and I don't give a rats ass if it's two men who provide them with that.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Mixed opinions. A bit undecided. However, I am inclined to believe that if you were really truly wired that way since birth, then there you go. You have my support. I certainly don't mind gay people and find they make good friends. I might mention I am a Christian, just to clear that little "Christians think homosexuals should all just go burn in hell" nonsense that some people believe.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
For me, the test of whether this type of question is appropriate is to insert the opposite (or a different) group into the equation and re-ask the question:

What is your view on heterosexuality? Are you for or against? What are your reasons behind this?

See what I mean?

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
For me, the test of whether this type of question is appropriate is to insert the opposite (or a different) group into the equation and re-ask the question:

What is your view on heterosexuality? Are you for or against? What are your reasons behind this?

See what I mean?

I like this model. It has a bigot crushing effect. I think I'll use it.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I don't understand why people want their opinion enforced on others. Homosexuality does not bother me one bit - but even if it did, I don't see why my opinion should be enforced on others. Two consensual adults should be allowed to have any type of relationship they want. Its none of my business.

It applies to a lot of things: abortion, drugs, religion, etc. The second you try to enforce your views by asking for government enforcement is the moment you create an oppressive society. Also... might help to ask yourself, what is the point of me wanting my views enforced? What is the goal? There is no difference at all to my life if gays get married or not... so why should I be worried about it? There is no difference at all to my life if some woman on the other side of the country has an abortion. If its my wife, we will discuss what is best for us - but its a fallacy to think that my situation is universal and should be enforced that way.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I am in full support of anyone living however they want to as long as they don't harm others. I know some awesome people that happen to be homosexual. Being a Christian, I somehow doubt anybody's going to burn in hell just because they're gay. I don't ever remember reading that, anyway...

God: "I'm going to make you this way."
Man: "OK"
God: "By the way, you're automatically damned"
Man: "WTF?!"

I don't pray to that god. Mine has justice and mercy; neither of which are reflected in this scenario.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Fucking *******. They are sinners who deserve to be stoned to death! Those homosexual deviants shall be put to death, for so is the word of God! He spoke and I listened!
Off with their heads!

Anyways, let's discuss something:

We've all heard of this "born this way" nonsense, but does that really matter?
What difference does it make if it's genetic or a choice?

If I made the choice to be gay, who are you to tell me that's not the right one? I don't think I have to make up excuses for myself just so I can avoid discrimination. What about the fact that I'm a human being? Doesn't that count for something?

However, we can all agree that homosexuals are fucking disgusting.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
If I made the choice to be gay, who are you to tell me that's not the right one? I don't think I have to make up excuses for myself just so I can avoid discrimination. What about the fact that I'm a human being? Doesn't that count for something?
Yep. I agree.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I guess I don't see how it really has any effect on my life and long as that is the case, I don't have a right to make a judgment.
To each his own.
I think that way over the top displays of public affection are a problem regardless of who is doing them, so keep it down to a dull roar and it won't rise to the point where I have to care.

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."
- attributed to Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
My opinion is this:

I'm neutral towards heterosexuals, bisexuals, demisexual, transsexuals, pansexauls, asexuals, homoesexuals, and all the other sexuals that I can't fucking list because there are too many labels to know in this day-in-age. Give them all their rights including benefits, rights to adopt, life insurance, etc. It's ridiculous enough of the US to get involved with the moral growl of the people. If most of these "issues" were legalized, they probably wouldn't be so "controversial". Therefore, to eliminate these "conflicts", just give these people their rights and allow them to lead their own moral code. I have a pretty Dutch mentality though... I think most things like this should be tolerated if they do not directly effect other citizens. I also don't think most people realise that making something legal does not mean that a nation is complying to it. They're just deciding to tolerate the differences so all voices can be represented. As moral values progress, so should the tolerance of governments, so there can be fewer emergences.

I put "" around these words because I'm quoting what most politicians say during these topics and how they personally make me laugh when they emphasis these words.

My drag queen friend who comes over, always goes through my old bras and yells at me for not having the same boob size as him. Unfortunately, I am not a 6'3" man with an endomorphic shape that is a size 46C.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
What is your view on chicken stew? Are you for or against? What are your reasons behind this?
I like chicken stew, but I prefer beef stew...better yet, meatless stew. I am for stew unless it contains ingredients I would not eat, but that doesn't mean I think others shouldn't be allowed to eat it. I am not very picky and tend to like stew in general :wink:

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
What is your view on chicken stew? Are you for or against? What are your reasons behind this?
I like chicken stew, but I prefer beef stew...better yet, meatless stew. I am for stew unless it contains ingredients I would not eat, but that doesn't mean I think others shouldn't be allowed to eat it. I am not very picky and tend to like stew in general :wink:
I can handle the gays, but chicken stew is just wrong. An abomination. How do people let their children eat that shit? Talk about horrible parenting.
... and we're off talking about food again ... just like in the religion thread ... lol

btw ... I'm a vegan, but I don't care what you do with your ... meat ;)

1 - 20 of 356 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.