Registered
6,937 Posts
Curious.

10 characters

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay why are we talking about vegan/non vegan?

Ok, My views on death: a natural release, a major part of life and an essential part of the journey of life.

I both accept a void and afterlife with welcome arms.

Every story needs and end and every soldier deserves some sleep. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think death can be what you make it. Fear and anguish, or just simply a means of collecting your life's paycheck...multiplied.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Okay why are we talking about vegan/non vegan?

Ok, My views on death: a natural release, a major part of life and an essential part of the journey of life.

I both accept a void and afterlife with welcome arms.

Every story needs and end and every soldier deserves some sleep. ;)
Pretty much how I feel in general. Death will happen to all of us, and I find many deaths are most welcome to the individual. Whenever my late grandpa spoke of my grandma, you could see in his eyes he wanted to be with her badly. It was tearing him apart. When he died, I was sad to see him go but glad he found peace once and for all. I'll miss him, but I prefer he not suffer like that. I'm not sure if I believe in an afterlife, but the idea is quite grand. If it does exist, I know exactly what it's like! My imagination is crafty like that. :)

I really only fear it in that I don't want the people I love to suffer if a close relative, friend, or I pass away. The pain people experience after death, especially what I see at funerals, moves me greatly. It's heart-wrenching to see your loved ones mourn, and after going through several deaths recently, I've developed a healer mentality for when someone dies. I don't feel the need to cry and openly mourn, and instead, I've taken to tending to those most affected. It's really my way of healing now, and I find solace in the caretaking I do. I guess you could say it's my pure INFP side. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think it's a wonderful bed waiting for me at the end. For doing a job well done, in this world. I don't know how the room will look like... or how I will function, but it's peaceful there. I just know it. It's foolish to want to live forever. It's nothing but endless torture.

"People are endlessly reincarnated in this evil world so that they may suffer endlessly."
-A thought from Eternal Punishment

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
honestly i invite death with open arms. life has been highly overrated so far and i dont see anything improving.
Keep trying. life is fleeting and there are many things to enjoy. Trees, birds, dogs, waterfalls, the occasional friend, and most of all hope. Hope is one of the main reasons I enjoy life...the promises that hope brings.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Meh, If I die, that's ok.
If I don't until I'm old and can't wipe my own bottom, well actually idk about that. o_O

Anyways, I'm curious about death, but at the moment I'd rather not die because I still want to see what else this world has to offer, and of course to leave my own mark on it in some way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty much how I feel in general. Death will happen to all of us, and I find many deaths are most welcome to the individual. Whenever my late grandpa spoke of my grandma, you could see in his eyes he wanted to be with her badly. It was tearing him apart. When he died, I was sad to see him go but glad he found peace once and for all. I'll miss him, but I prefer he not suffer like that. I'm not sure if I believe in an afterlife, but the idea is quite grand. If it does exist, I know exactly what it's like! My imagination is crafty like that. :)
Very beautiful. My Grandpa is going through the same thing. I personally believe in the afterlife, but I'm prepared for the void. What do you think of people who fear it? I have a friend who has diabetes and she believes in void and she got upset with me when I said I didnt want to live till 90 and that I wanted to die on my feet. I greatly sympathized with her but at the same time I pitied her. Why would anyone be afraid of or try to avoid something so ineveitable. I realize she wouldn't be here today without her insulin...but I always thought of her as courageous...more courageous than me...

Reactions: Goosefish

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meh, If I die, that's ok.
If I don't until I'm old and can't wipe my own bottom, well actually idk about that. o_O

Anyways, I'm curious about death, but at the moment I'd rather not die because I still want to see what else this world has to offer, and of course to leave my own mark on it in some way.
Exactly, I want to die on my feet.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
life sucks, and then you die

no seriously, that is the best quote on death ever written!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Oh man I don't even know anymore...
What is death?

I used to be afraid of it but, reading the Tibetan book of the dead helped.
I also have a friend who has legally died with whom I have badgered with my never-ending questions about his expereince.

From what I gather there is for sure some sort of awareness that occurs after death.
The way my friend explains it seems similar to ego death, which I have expereinced breifly through chemical means.

I guess what I'm contemplating currently is if death really exists as an end...
Or is death somewhat of an illusion?

Consciousness acts very similar to energy, which cannot be created or destroyed...
So upon death does consciousness end, or does it just change form?
Things seem to be in an infinite state of impermanence.

I guess the best part is eventually we all get the answer :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I accept death as an inevidable part of life. I believe in reincarnation more or less though so to me death is just a change in form.

I feel that once one dies their energy will be put into a sort of temporary "afterlife" . Then redistributed to other newer life forms that need energy. Essentially it's the same as the way a body brakes down after death, atoms being redistributed to newer forms again and again. I don't really believe that I will be congnative during all this so I except that my personality and inner being will be gone once I die but the thought that I will be broken down and recycled to create new life gives me a certain level of appreciation and exceptence of death.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts