Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread title was possibly an attack on your very self-identity. Of course, we could change the meaning and say that it was an attack on two letters you may happen to associate with, but I think that is a sort of distraction from the intrinsic characteristic of the title.

It's good to have hindsight and look back on what thoughts went through your head as you were entering the thread; what expectations, predictions, and reactions, if any, came to the forefront. Does this entail self-criticism? Maybe, or maybe not. Self-analysis? Certainly. This is one way to grow even more self-conscious; question any answer to a previous question regarding your idea of You - question predispositions attached to dispositions. Then the point is to apply this outside of merely this thread, although there could be potential to gain unquantifiable leaps in awareness just from this isolated thread. Or maybe not - I have already considered that I could be hopelessly wrong and foolish, and this thread was a waste of everyone's time.

It may be interesting how I speak in so many cryptic non-absolutes. I wonder if I try to escape having my mind nailed by down itself? I had an agenda (non-malicious - this is one absolute) I considered interesting when I first started writing this thread, but whoever "I" is is long gone now (probably getting dressed for bed). Wonder what I meant to do with it all. At least there's a retrospection at the end of this writing; hypocrisy would have led to non-credibility!

Slow-cooked food for thought, perhaps; maybe; possibly.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Oh, I just though that this was just some thread by a non NF-type claiming to know me better that I myself do—which they obviously don't. So, no, I noticed the intended provocation, but couldn't have cared less about it. What made me open the thread was rather my curiousity leading me to want to understand the motivation behind the title. And, well, I was wrong about my assumtions about the non-NF... I'm not so sure I was wrong about the intentional provocation.
Thanks for the exercise!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I was looking into it, hoping to find better understanding of what NF means. What makes an NF, what do NF's do.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I am myself, and NF is just a label used to symbolize a certain combination of qualities that I have. If I am not an NF, fine, but I will have to come up with a new way to describe those qualities, which will still be present.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Cool experiment! Me likes.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
First word in my head upon reading thread title...Curious

Thank you! :happy:

Curiosity killed the cat, but the cat laughed back! :laughing:

Reactions: raj

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
I thought that this would be a thread about people mistaking themselves for NFs and what a "true" NF is really like. I guess I was wrong, but this was a cool experiment. It's a shame, though. I wanted to compare myself to whatever description of NFs that could have been in here. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Oh, gee, golly, you sure did impress me with your deep thought. Oooh! Baby! Think harder! Better! Faster! More!

Reactions: raexi and feefafo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh, gee, golly, you sure did impress me with your deep thought. Oooh! Baby! Think harder! Better! Faster! More!
^ That made me smirk. Though I'm quite unashamed to admit I'm a bit of a closet perv.

Anyway upon seeing the thread title, I was primarily curious.
Secondly; amused in a semi-suspicious way: I usually fall for trolls flame-baiting, mostly out of curiosity (see: above). I'm a bit gullible and it isn't all that hard to ruffle my feathers. It was a bit of a "facepalm" moment when I read and saw the point.
Thirdly, though not entirely related to the experiment/point of sorts, the second I read the words "waste of everyone's time," I responded internally with a big ol' NO SUCH THING! We're on a forum to communicate and take knowledge away, thus, that is what we all have in common. There is no real waste of time here.

Very fun idea though!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great thread. I opened it thinking "I wonder what this is about. Obviously it's trying to entice me in and I'm falling for it..."
my thoughts exactly. although, i didn't think it would be an attack on NFs or something of the like. it evoked no negative emotion, because i couldn't yet see what the thread was about... kind of like a "look before you leap" mentality.

anyone recognize a correlation between each NF type and their responses? maybe the thread is still a little young, waiting for some more feedback :happy:

Reactions: ertertwert

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
anyone recognize a correlation between each NF type and their responses? maybe the thread is still a little young, waiting for some more feedback :happy:
OK, a bit early... but anyway...

INFJ: I wonder what this is about... :happy:
INFP: Maybe I can learn something from this... :mellow:
ENFP: This seems like a cool thread! :cool:
ENFJ: I can't be bothered to read it... :bored:

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
If I'm not an NF, I'm a wannabe (I used to identify as INTP). I thought this thread was adressed to wannabes, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't one of them. I was dissapointed.:sad:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I thought...Well if I'm not an NF what the heck am I doing here! Your little experiment sort of reminds me of the stuff that gets me into strife with my ISTJ partner...and yes seems like a cool thread is about right for me...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well, I said, "You're right."

I just clicked it to see if someone was going to have a rant about how NFs don't or can't exist for whatever reason.
This was my reaction as well, except "you're wrong." Then I briefly wondered why the poster would be wrong about this or why they'd say it. Obviously things such as enticing, manipulating me into viewing thread, etc, but also I thought maybe somebody had something against NFs or didn't believe in them. But then the page finished loading, and I continued as I was, never really intending to speculate.

In short, I made no judgment, I simply wanted more information to see what I was seeing.

There was a very brief initial tinge at first though, thinking that I might not be NF or that nobody could be, but the notion was so ridiculous it didn't last. One way or another, no matter how you rearrange the pieces (and there are so many), it's like snail said. No matter how you label things, the substance is the same.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
An "attack on identity"? Maybe if you attach yourself that much to MBTI theory. lol

And I may or may not be an NF. I may be an NT, but at this point, I'm rather certain that I'm an N.

The ambiguity's annoying, but I don't have a problem switching around if something else more aptly describes me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts