Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 17 people on this watercraft...
The captain is an ENTP just like you, you're co-captain...

The remaining 15 passengers are one of each MBTI.

Everybody in the watercraft is the same gender/race/age as you.

You know nothing about any of them, no names, no nothing...

They have a nametag that says "Hello, my name is ________."
(it has their 4 letter MBTI identifier written in the blank)

For whatever reason, the captain states that you must throw four people overboard with life jackets...
Someone will be by to pick them up sooner or later.

Which four MBTI types do you throw overboard?
Why?!

You shouldn't throw yourself overboard...
But if you choose to anyways, pick a new co-captain to step up and take your place...

(This can be any type of watercraft, in any large body of water, any weather circumstances, etc...)

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
ISFP INFP ESTJ ESFJ

I'd actually throw off the ESTP, the ENTP catptain and ENTJ too if we have more life jackets.
Actually scratch that, I dont care about the life jackets, lets just throw them off.

Why?
I'm taking over this ship!

·
Registered
29 Posts
First id throw my co captain overboard, I see how he looks at MY captains chair.

Next up would be the ESTJ cuz that bitch never shuts up. She's got an answer for everything and always thinks she's right.

3rd would be the ISFJ because just no. I don't even think it's human.

Lastly I'd throw the INTJ over because she just stares at me with this weird look on her face.

Now that the easy part is out of the way who to promote to co-capt'n crunch? I'd pick the ISTP, that's my *****.

After all is said and done I'd let my co cap drive while I take the INFP beauty below deck to go below deck...something something head.

Edit*

WAIT! Im not the captian? Hahaha yes Iam *chucks Tzra off the boat.*

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
First the INTJ and ENFP gotta go, because they've already pulled a Titanic and are engrossed in a disgusting true love story which pisses me off.

Next the INFP, who has undoubtedly already developed severe PTSD from the experience and would spend the rest of their life a walking vegetable, and probably publish a book on how horrifying it was to watch four people be thrown overboard.

Then the ENTJ, because if I don't throw them overboard they are 100% likely to start a mutiny and throw me overboard first.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I've got to agree that the ENTJ has got to go. The INFP and ISFP also absolutely have to fuck off because i can't stand the whining. Apart from that i'm not really sure. I guess the ENFJ will have to go because he's annoying as fuck.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Ask him to repeat what he said while I record what he said, then ask why the hell are we doing that;

-If answer is unsatisfactory veryone including the Captain without lifeboats. Free watercraft. Use audio samples to synthesize a recording where the Captain nonchalantly orders everyone to jump without lifejackets and then say I hid somewhere. If I get caught. Then use the whole "Diagnosed with acute Paranoia as a teenager" angle to justify hiding out for years with a boat-thin.

-If answer is satisfactory throw Captain overboard four times. Declare self Captain, then remember I have no idea how to drive anything, much less a boat, somehow drive into an iceberg in the middle of the Ocean.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ESTP and ENTJ as much as I like conversing with you I don't think I can handle prolonged hours with you. ISFP because they are very moody and it really annoys me when I cant get anything done when they are in a stump. Infp's gotta go, too much freaking out

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
There are 17 people on this watercraft...
The captain is an ENTP just like you, you're co-captain...

The remaining 15 passengers are one of each MBTI.

Everybody in the watercraft is the same gender/race/age as you.

You know nothing about any of them, no names, no nothing...

They have a nametag that says "Hello, my name is ________."
(it has their 4 letter MBTI identifier written in the blank)

For whatever reason, the captain states that you must throw four people overboard with life jackets...
Someone will be by to pick them up sooner or later.

Which four MBTI types do you throw overboard?
Why?!

But if you choose to anyways, pick a new co-captain to step up and take your place...

(This can be any type of watercraft, in any large body of water, any weather circumstances, etc...)
ENFJ, ESFJ, ISFP, and INFP. They're F dominants, and will probably find it offensive that people must be thrown off the watercraft. Since I was the perpetrator, this resentment will subconsciously will be handed to me. Since we need to throw people off anyway, which ones not being relevant, it is safe to assume that our situation is dire, so it will be necessary to remain in the better eyes of the majority.

If there is no genuine need to throw people off, I'd probably throw the captain off. The guy was an asshole, I'd make SUCH a better captain!

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
... start with the captain, because it's just business. Logically speaking, he did authorize me to make this decisions and it's not my problem that he didn't have the foresight to include an exception clause requesting that people of authority (read, my superiors) are to be excluded from the decision. By assuming the role of captain I will annul the order considering it could be understood as captain to co-captain without any regards for the persons involved. Or I could choose the remaining three based on impulse but I do think it would be wiser to spare their lives because maintaining the crew's morale and my popularity with the crew would prove beneficial.

... that doesn't mean I wouldn't be tempted to remove everyone's kidneys in their sleep as a safety measure or place a remote control chip implant controlling their reticular activation system. The latter would prove less messy and I wouldn't have to keep their organs on ice and it would be nice to have technology to put malcontents (or just people who are desperately obnoxious, problem solved) to sleep at will.

Reactions: Brovolone

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
So I take a look at the boat that is coming to pick us from the water, I take the binoculars and see there are 13 people on board.

I get bored from sailing with this ship jump off and take ISTJ, INTP and INFJ with me.

For the captain I choose ESFJ cuz they really know how to get in touch with other peoples feelings and that is the most important thing in the world.

Once the ship comes to pick us up I see 2 ENTPS on it and 4 XXFX missing.

We high-five and the ship I abandoned explodes.

Everyone thanks me for solving the paradox.

Everybody in the watercraft is the same gender/race/age as you
Everyone turns gay, the XXFX guys left are enslaved for buttsex.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I would pretend to see a mermaid, anyone that jumps up eagerly to see gets instantly pushed into the brine.
Anyone who now jumps up, dismayed at what I did in order to try to save those who are now obviously long gone deserve to go next.
Anyone now crying about what has happened, or upset by my laughter will be tripped up as they run to anyone offering them a cuddle or hug, and I'll quickly whip a rope around the hugger too so they get dragged in.

Why stop at 4? I'd just keep going until it was just the NTs left.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think it's quite interesting most of you folks interpreted this question...
I wonder if there are types which are most likely to survive left to their own devices?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The captain is clearly a moron, and I won't obey orders that make no sense. So out goes the captain, to reflect on his/her folly while waiting to be picked up. Then we head for the nearest island with rum. If anyone has serious trouble with this, and it's unlikely, as the duty-fulfillers are the most likely to object to this usurpation of the captain but hey, now I'm the captain they will do what I say....but if anyone has serious trouble with this/concern for the captain they may wish to volunteer to join him/her. All the more rum for the rest of us.

The ENTJ will probably be taking witness statements to betray me to the rescue boat for mutiny when it comes, in an attempt to further their own standing. So they get the biggest shot of rum while I steal their notes.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
*snort* Well if I were to play by rules, obviously the ones that are fatter (better temperature isolation), can swim better (in case a jacket breaks for whatever reason), don't have severe health conditions (seizures, asthma) and psychological issues like panic attacks. Overall, if I have no time to ask them questions, the ones that are fatter would be the best choice - if they all stick together in a big blob sharks will likely hesitate to attack a bigger target.

But since I wouldn't play by rules - quietly tell/pass the note around mah girls and MOB AND THROW THE FUCKING CAPTAIN OFF THE BOAT, YEAH! I HAVE A SHIP! I'd prefer it to be a space ship but hey.

If it were a space ship scenario with escape pods I'd throw out NTJs along with a captain. I've seen what they do on space ships. In the movies. But you can't be too careful in space.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Four people overboard? Let me think.

First would go the Fi-doms ISFP and INFP. I'm not getting along with them too well.
Then the captain.

From this point, it gets a bit harder. It could be anyone.

ENFP, that's it. The INTJ is mine, hands off! Don't care if it's a guy or a gal, I swing both ways.
The INTP would be my co-captain. I would also keep the ENTJ in a leash to make sure he's not planning on taking over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts