Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You've won your choice of a 5-star chef, chauffeur, or masseuse for a whole year. You can call on them any time to drive, cook for, or massage you. Which do you chose and why?

I'd have to go with the chef. I could learn how to cook a lot of awesome dishes from them.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think I'd pick the chef for the same reasons. I'd love to learn to cook better dishes.

However, it was tough to decide between the chef and the masseuse. Only issue with the masseuse is I might interpret the massage as something more intimate meaning than I ought to. I can't depersonalize physical touch on that level.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Well, I can already cook pretty well, and I do not much care for driving or being driven. I suppose I would have to choose the masseuse. I have a lot of tension from stress that I think a daily massage could assuage.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
masseuse. I am single and don't have anybody for massages. I can already cook what I consider extremely well and I prefer to drive myself, I don't like being passenger, makes me car sick. i have a lot of tension in my back anyway, I'm sure it might help...might be just what I need actually...maybe I will go get a massage this week

·
Registered
427 Posts
Chauffeur, no question about it.

Why?

Well, except for the obvious one being that I have no drivers license, there's few reasons:

1. Not the chef, because I don't have money enough to really make use of his skills. I can't afford the groceries for it to be worth it. Besides, I like making my own food, even if I'm not that good at it. Cooking is one of the few times I just exist in the present.

2. Not the masseuse. I don't need a massage, at least not regularly. I would appreciate a good neck-rub, but that's about it. So having the masseuse wouldn't be of much worth since I wouldn't have as much of a use for him/her as I would a driver.

Having a chauffeur though, that would be swell. I could go visit my friends in other parts of the country for one.

Reactions: HorribleAesthete

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Chef! Cause food is good, and you could potentially learn how to cook and create random profit by having him/her make dishes for a mini cafe on your front lawn. I know i need to learn how to cook. XD
I actually like driving, and I drive 80 miles a day, so I am my own chauffeur. I just want a better car.
I wouldn't want a masseuse, because they'd have to be on excellent excellent terms with me in order to touch me. o.o I don't let anyone massage me.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Well, I can already cook pretty well, and I do not much care for driving or being driven. I suppose I would have to choose the masseuse. I have a lot of tension from stress that I think a daily massage could assuage.
....a daily massuage....

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'd go with the chauffeur because I don't have my license. And even if I did, if I ever want to drink a bit, I don't like the thought of getting stranded and I wouldn't dream of driving even tipsy. That's one thing I would never take a risk on.
Plus, gas is expensive and I have quite a few friends who can't drive or have trouble coming up with gas money, so it would benefit them also. We could just pick them up! :]
Not a chef because I enjoy cooking myself.
Not a masseuse because I think I would be weirded out by having a stranger touch me in that way. I've only had a professional massage once. It was a foot massage. I felt awkward the whole time and almost kicked the person in the face because I'm really ticklish. It wasn't very enjoyable.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,590 Posts
I'd rather cook for myself since I eat healthy, I like to know what's going in my food. Plus, cooking is just plain fun and I don't need a chef anyway. I have the time to cook. I really only cook for my husband and then around the holidays. I eat all my food raw (obviously not meat).

I LOVE massages but I have my husband for that so I don't need a masseuse. Plus, as others have said, strangers touching you can get awkward even if they are professional. Just makes me uncomfortable.

I am going with the chauffeur because I'm another person who doesn't have their driver's license so that would be most beneficial for me but still pretty unnecessary since I don't go out THAT often but it would still be nice to have.

Fun question :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I love cooking, and I really don't need (or want) someone else cooking for me.

My husband is a massage therapist, and so I have that at my constant disposal. :) (yay!)

And, so, I choose chauffeur by way of process of elimination. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts